• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your holiday traditions?

1. Decorations go up the morning after Thanksgiving.
2. Certain people in the family have certain dishes they were practically required to make: Dad's bread pudding, my sister's green bean casserole.
3. On Christmas Eve, we each open one gift: a pajama set. We wear those pajamas to bed and wake up precisely at 7 am for presents, and the pajamas stay on during both presents and breakfast (usually French toast).

And for me personally, it's not the holidays unless I have a chocolate orange.

Nothing particularly special; I was only raised celebrating Christmas by my vaguely Protestant parents. When I was much younger we used to attend Mass on Christmas Eve, and I'd open one present (always a new pair of pyjamas, lol) that evening before I went to bed. Whilst I don't attend Mass anymore (neither do my parents, just my gran), I do still open my pyjamas in the evening. :') My sister might be 34 and married with two children but she still keeps up the same tradition, also. We put up decorations on the first Sunday of December - never any earlier or later.

On Christmas Day, we pretty much follow the bog-standard routine you'd imagine for a modern white and Welsh family: I spend the night at my parent's house (I live here now, but for the 3 years I lived away from home, I'd still travel back and spend the night), wake up and exchange gifts with my parents, wait for my sister and her family to arrive, Dad cooks us all Christmas dinner, we celebrate and drink and be merry and all that jazz, my sister and co. leave, and then I usually spend the evening online with my friends. This year, for the first time in my life, we're spending Christmas at my sister's house and she's preparing dinner, and then next year I'm intending to go spend the holidays with my boyfriend in Florida, so it looks like my holiday routine is about to get all shaken up, lol.

Drinking is a particularly important tradition in my house, lol; we are Celts, after all. Toffee apple ciders are a must-have for me around this time of year. Aside from that, I can't say I do anything particularly unique.

I totally forgot about Christmas Eve pajamas! I didn't realize that was a widespread thing and not just my family doing it lol.

"Elf" is hilarious, I need to watch that again this year. I think "Arthur Christmas" is also an underrated animated movie.

We hang a tree that comes with 24 pockets for candy that we get daily from the 1st to 24th.

And well not much, but I do watch some holiday specials.

Rewatched the Christmas Special for Amphibia, Spidey and His Amazing Friends & The Ghost and Molly McGee. The last one is definitely my most favorite recent special.

While not a tradition, I did get a Santa Hat Pikachu plush last year.

Some years ago the tradition was to gather the whole family on a farm, belonging to relatives, and celebrate Christmas for 3-4 days with plenty of food and a big Christmas tree.

But time changes things, families grow, new ties form, some break up, so that today I no longer have any Christmas traditions, except to get together with my closest relatives for a meal.

We don't really celebrate anything in my household. My father is Jewish, but after I quit seeing him, I didn't really bother with participating in Jewish holidays anymore. I'm a spiritual person but I don't care for conventional religion.

My mum and I usually go out and get a big order of Chinese food from a place we frequent and enjoy it while watching a movie or whatever. My brothers are typically elsewhere for the holidays, so it's just us, and I like that; we're both kinda cynical when it comes to major holidays, and we like to enjoy each other's company without any consumerist excuse for it. Also we're just too lazy to do anything terribly extravagant.

every single christmas
we ALWAYS have pizza and milkshakes for breakfast. i have no idea how it started but it's been that way since far before i was born, according to my siblings.

...once we didn't eat until a little past noon because my mom refused to get out of bed and we don't eat until everyone is ready

Back
Top Bottom