• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your opinions/thoughts on Pokemon Rumble World?

I haven't played any of the other pokemon rumble games, but I think it's cute and I'm enjoying it so far. I don't think it's addicting as Pokemon Shuffle if only because there's a heavier emphasis on action and less on strategy.

I'm not sure I understand the process for obtaining additional free 'poke diamonds'. I think that will be crucial to how long I'll enjoy this game as you need them to open new areas

Pretty good... for a F2P game. There's two things that really annoy me about the F2P system, that you need to buy Balloons with Poke Diamonds to progress, and the recharge times on purchased Balloons. Aside from that, it's actually pretty fun.

I find it to be pretty fun. At least there weren't too many problems that got on my nerves. Also, the toy Pokémon are adorable!

At least the microtransactions in this game aren't as restrictive or necessary as the ones in Shuffle. If you do need to spend money, you get a better bargain for your dollars: 1,000 PokeDiamonds for $9.99 (or an equivalent currency), as opposed to 13 Jewels (12 for $8.99, 1 for $0.99). The 13 Jewels can, at best, give you 51,000 coins or 85 Hearts. You need a Heart just to attempt a stage, so at best you can only clear 85 stages with $10. Meanwhile, with 1,000 PokeDiamonds, you can essentially attempt every stage at least once. If you manage to connect with your friends, you can contact your friends and attempt the latest stage you cleared again by paying the in-game money (the P-currency), which is great if you want to attempt stages again without spending money or waiting.

Make no mistake, this game does attempt to take as much money from you as humanely possible. Normally the balloons take from minutes to 8-9 hours (for the later balloons) to recharge, but with 1-4 PokeDiamonds (depending on the balloon), you can challenge a stage right away. The Mega Evolution stones are also 5 PokeDiamonds each, except for the first one (which is free). And finally, you have a set limit on how many Pokemon you carry (initially set at 30), but by spending PokeJewels you can raise that amount. Finally, there are limited ways in which you can obtain PokeDiamonds without spending money. The King's Challenges at best give you 11, and you can only attempt them once each. If you want to play the game the free way, you will have some difficulty progressing further.

There is also a degree of character customization, which is always welcome.

Overall, I enjoyed this game more than Shuffle. The microtransactions are there, but they aren't shoved down your throat every 5 seconds and give you a hell of a lot more for your money if you choose to spend that money.

I'm not really feeling it...The gameplay felt a tad stiff and repetitive in those first few levels, and I wasn't too compelled to continue onward.

The music and toys are nice though.

Last edited:
'If it's not Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Ranger I don't care'

At least the microtransactions in this game aren't as restrictive or necessary as the ones in Shuffle. If you do need to spend money, you get a better bargain for your dollars: 1,000 PokeDiamonds for $9.99 (or an equivalent currency), as opposed to 13 Jewels (12 for $8.99, 1 for $0.99). The 13 Jewels can, at best, give you 51,000 coins or 85 Hearts. You need a Heart just to attempt a stage, so at best you can only clear 85 stages with $10. Meanwhile, with 1,000 PokeDiamonds, you can essentially attempt every stage at least once. If you manage to connect with your friends, you can contact your friends and attempt the latest stage you cleared again by paying the in-game money (the P-currency), which is great if you want to attempt stages again without spending money or waiting.

Make no mistake, this game does attempt to take as much money from you as humanely possible. Normally the balloons take from minutes to 8-9 hours (for the later balloons) to recharge, but with 1-4 PokeDiamonds (depending on the balloon), you can challenge a stage right away. The Mega Evolution stones are also 5 PokeDiamonds each, except for the first one (which is free). And finally, you have a set limit on how many Pokemon you carry (initially set at 30), but by spending PokeJewels you can raise that amount. Finally, there are limited ways in which you can obtain PokeDiamonds without spending money. The King's Challenges at best give you 11, and you can only attempt them once each. If you want to play the game the free way, you will have some difficulty progressing further.

There is also a degree of character customization, which is always welcome.

Overall, I enjoyed this game more than Shuffle. The microtransactions are there, but they aren't shoved down your throat every 5 seconds and give you a hell of a lot more for your money if you choose to spend that money.
^This.

Shuffle has irritated me endlessly, as it loves to shove the "wanna blow a Jewel for five more moves?" in my face constantly. I'm not seeing this with Rumble World at all. Even better? They had a couple of sets of Poke Diamonds on sale and I could actually justify spending the money on them.

As for the game play, it's addicting as all get-out and I'm loving it. The fact that you can actually chose a toy Pokemon as a Partner is also awesome; right now, I'm hanging out with a Greninja but we all know that in time, my partner will change. Gee, I wonder who I'll want to keep by my side forever and ever? :lol:

Loved it! And at this point, when I ended to use the last balloon, the first one is already recharged, so I can play even longer.

Before i go on i wanna say i really like it so far. There is a few things that irritate me with these new games tho. Pokemon growth and evolution has been robbed from us fans. I dont need to get the same pokemon over and over again. I like growing with my verious teams and im not used to abandon my pokemon (toys.) Im not gonna spend my money to get endless houses to keep all my friends, so i gotta keep going threw and decide what guys i wanna keep and toss. I gotta catch all the evolutions rather than evolve my pokemon. Everything gets stronger at the same time... progress depends on money/diamonds and time. That said, i really like the game play, the different moves and verious options with what pokemon and what move set. The different worlds. Im looking forward to getting all the balloons eventually and finding my favorite pokemon

Once you buy 3000 Poke Diamonds you can get a mine that give you 20 Poke Diamonds a day. This game sorta functions as a demo that you can upgrade by paying for a full price game.

Once you buy 3000 Poke Diamonds you can get a mine that give you 20 Poke Diamonds a day. This game sorta functions as a demo that you can upgrade by paying for a full price game.

Now if only Shuffle was like this...

Yeah, I have stop getting spin-off games and put my time into concentrating on the main games.

It's a surprisingly fun and catchy game I could see myself throwing in for some diamonds down the line. The developers really found a good balance of allowing the player to get along without throwing a dime for as long as they can vs the enticement of great benefits that comes with buying a certain set of PokeDiamonds. Gotta say, good on them. It's also just plain fun to see my generic-faced Mii with his five o'clock shadow scamper about the game.

The only real downside is that you can't get too attached to certain toys as they get outclassed quicker than I'd like. Even with the option to spend diamonds to buy more homes I'd honestly opt to just release the needless multiples/weaker/useless ones to make shuffling through my favorites and ones that can help me easier. Yeah, I'm a jerk.

So far I am loving this game. I've been having troubles putting down my Nintendo system to stop playing. I downloaded the game on release day, and I am currently sitting around rank 42.

How high are all your ranks so far?

I'm so addicted it's a little scary lol! Too broke to buy diamonds at the moment but I'm pretty sure I will come payday.

'If it's not Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Ranger I don't care'

This is my opinion at the moment. Maybe I'll download it to make some more substantial criticisms. I want to go at this with an open mind, but I've already played Rumble and that wasn't so good...

The big problem with freemium on the 3DS is that you HAVE to buy via the 3DS eshop. The minimum amount of money you can add to your eshop wallet is ten dollars, and if you only need the 49 cent diamond package...... (Might as well extend my Pokebank subscription :p)

And getting good Pokemon is soooo RNG dependent. For example I caught a boss Talonflame, but it's only attack was ember...

The big problem with freemium on the 3DS is that you HAVE to buy via the 3DS eshop. The minimum amount of money you can add to your eshop wallet is ten dollars, and if you only need the 49 cent diamond package...... (Might as well extend my Pokebank subscription :p)

And getting good Pokemon is soooo RNG dependent. For example I caught a boss Talonflame, but it's only attack was ember...

One time, I got a boss Charizard, and it only had Dragon Rage as an attack move. The other was some status move (Swagger?). And since Dragon Rage has fixed damage, it was a huge letdown, so I released it. If only I had the move tutor back then (I do now)...

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom