• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review What are your popular opinions/noncontroversial opinions about the Ash-related Pokemon Anime and Movies etc?

Dawn is probably one of Ash's best friends alongside Misty and Brock. After all, she was the only one, alongside Chloe, to come to his Masters 8 Champion battle against Leon in person. I also think that she is one of the best Pokégirls alongside Misty as well.

I meant the overall animation style, like how the characters appeared, etc.
I'm talking more so about the camera angles being used throughout the battles in XY. I did not see this in BW and if it did happen it wasn't that often. I think what you actually meant was the art style in terms of how it looks rather than how it moves.

Last edited:
Lillie - Ah yes, Laurie Hymes' portrayal of Lillie is possibly the most infamous voice to come out of the whole English dub of Pokemon, and I can absolutely see why: whatever words come out of Lillie's mouth always give her the voice of an attractive older woman instead of that of an innocent young girl. Unlike with Mallow and Lana, Lillie sounds the way she does practically every single time in the dub, and it's simply mind-boggling. Not only that, but I did hear Lillie's vocals actually increase in pitch a few times, to the point that Laurie Hymes made her voice crack and sound very squeaky. It's like Hymes knew the whole time that she made Lillie sound too old, so in some kind of attempt to make her sound younger, she had to crack her voice to where she starts sounding out of breath. I don't know about you, but if a VA has to literally strain their voice just to make their recordings sound natural, then I think both the direction and the higher-ups are to blame.
And that was why Jennifer Losi (Masters) & AmaLee (Evolutions) are Supreme. The Latter is my headcanon Lillie VA in the anime.

Back
Top Bottom