• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review What are your thoughts on ash’s Kanto Pokémon?

Who’s your favorite Pokémon on ash’s kanto team?

• Butterfree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Squirtle

• Tauros

• Raticate

• Kingler

• Muk

• Pidgeot

• Lapras

• Snorlax

• Primeape

• Total voters

CometCartoons

Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve decided to do a huge review on all of ash’s official captures. So I’m starting with his kanto Pokémon first.

Pikachu- Ash’s first pokemon. Up until XY pikachu’s power was inconsistent, but we really got to see him grew with ash. I loved how his debut was handled how he hated ash but ash still protected him from those spearows. I also liked that he wanted to prove that he can be the best without evolving into a raichu. 9/10

Butterfree - He was ash’s first captured Pokémon. While he wasn’t a strong Pokémon, he had a strong will. I will forever shed a tear for the episode he got released. 7/10

Pidgeot - This bird was most forgettable to me. Pidgeot didn’t really do that well in battles and he didn’t really have much of a personality. And ash just released it as soon as it fully evolved? That was just bad. 3/10

Bulbasaur- Bulbasaur is one of ash’s more mature Pokémon. It’s strong, smart, and loyal. I do love how it has hilarious moments with squirrel and heracross. Plus I like how it refused to evolve so that it can prove to be just as strong or better than a venusaur. 8/10

Charizard - I loved how it was debut by having it abandoned by a terrible trainer. As charmander evolves, I was a little annoyed by how it never listened to ash but it made sense since ash was a terrible trainer at the time. And how it refuses to fight in the league was ash’s greatest shame. But after the orange islands, it listened to ash again and became his ace in kanto. I’m always smiling when I see this Pokémon. 9/10

Squirtle - He was sort of the first comic relief ash owned. But unlike most of them I did find him funny. I loved how it used hydro pump, but I would have loved to see it evolve into a wartortle plus I kind of tired seeing him shown as in training. 7/10

Kingler- Ok it was awesome that it evolved during the league and swept a trainer’s team.... That’s pretty much just it. 5/10

Primeape - It’s debut episode was funny and I loved how it mostly beat up ash. But I feel like they wasted its potential when ash left it to train. It felt like ash just released him. 4/10

Raticate - meh 1/10

Muk - I like how it’s personality is different than its appearance. Even though it has more appearances than most of ashes Pokémon, it’s not that strong of a battler. Like it only knew body slam, sludge bomb and I think poison gas. But that bellsprout fight was fun to watch how it can absorb most physical attacks. 6/10

Tauros - it was kind of weird for ash to catch a whole herd. Even though the debut episode was canceled in America, it did know some powerful moves. 4/10

Snorlax- it’s lazy and hungry personality was funny. Plus unlike rowlet despite being ash’s laziest Pokémon, it definitely made up for it with its power. 7/10

Lapras - This was mostly ash’s transport Pokémon in the orange islands. But I did like its personality, its release episode, and how it returned in Johto. 6/10

Heracross- I loved how it would suck on tree sap or bulbasaur’s bulb. While I did consider it ash’s Johto ace, it didn’t appear as often as it should. 7/10

Bayleaf - I loved how strong it is and its crush on ash is cute.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom