• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your thoughts on Pokemon Shuffle?

My problem with grinding the Meowth main stage is accidentally setting off combos that KO before I can match up the coins.

And I don't know what Ditto's ability is in this game, but currently in the US competitive Absol stage the leaderboards are crammed with people scoring 500k-700k points, all with a team of Ditto, Xerneas, and both Genesects (apparently Red Genesect is counted as a separate Pokemon?). I don't think the devteam fully considered the ramifications of this Pokemon from a competitive standpoint....

Complexity-1 and Attack Power items netted me a score of 40,000 in the Absol competitive stage (current rank: top 2000). That should allow me to focus on getting Palkia now. I don't dare attempt that stage without at least 10,000 coins (for Attack Power + Disruption Delay + 2 Great Balls). Great Balls are very worth the cost if you just can't beat the level without powerups, because their double catch rate is roughly equivalent to making two extra runs (with the same powerups) at the level.

Last edited:
I find the game really fun! I love puzzle games like this, and it's pretty addicting for me.

My one complaint is the trouble in ranking for Mega Stones. I'm not sure how it works, but I'd ideally enjoy a setup where winning a stone once removes you from the regular rankings and puts you in your own category for the competition. So say I win Lucarionite one round, the next time they rotate that stone in my score goes on a "veteran" ranking with others who won the first time. We still get prizes according to our scores, but we don't use up spots in the regular ranking that could prevent new players (or anyone without the Mega stone) from having a chance.

My one complaint is the trouble in ranking for Mega Stones. I'm not sure how it works, but I'd ideally enjoy a setup where winning a stone once removes you from the regular rankings and puts you in your own category for the competition.
I thought the same thing myself when they gave the Mega Lucario stage a second go-round. Instead of just widening the threshold for the mega stone, define it as "the top # who didn't get one previously".

EDIT: The top scores on the US leaderboard for the Mega Absol stage have all been disqualified, the top score is now only 100k. AND turns out it's because Ditto (and Red Genesect) are not actually available in Shuffle yet. Surprise surprise....

Last edited:
About the Ditto: Its ability is probably the most overpowered in the game. It's basically a wild card: 1 Ditto + 2 Others = an instant match! Of course, people must hack in order to get it, so it is indeed illegal to use it. No doubt, there will be erratas enforced when it really does get released...

I think it's a pretty good game to play to kill time. I play it on my boyfriend's phone since he has a Japanese iOS, and we got to the Slowbro stage recently. He told me that Zorua had been driving him crazy because of the low catch rate, but he did catch it eventually. He didn't bother with the legendaries after Mew (which he captured after many complaints), which also have low catch rates.

There's no need to spend a cent on it, and Shuffle is more fit for playing one or two stages a time for a few minutes instead of a lengthy hour or so. It's just a bit better than Candy Crush imo since it has type matchups and Mega Evolution

Last edited:
About the Ditto: Its ability is probably the most overpowered in the game. It's basically a wild card: 1 Ditto + 2 Others = an instant match! Of course, people must hack in order to get it, so it is indeed illegal to use it. No doubt, there will be erratas enforced when it really does get released...
So basically the same as it was in Battle Trozei then? If Ditto does get released, either it'll be banned from competitive stages outright or the ability will be nerfed somehow -- maybe replaced with Swap (which activates at random), or a hard limit of 1 Ditto tile on the board at a time. (Because in Battle Trozei, even when you had Ditto on the team it seemed like it was a rare thing to drop down onto the board.)

Absol stage is nearing its end and the leaderboards are (again) crammed with Ditto hax (400k-600k). Enjoy it while it lasts, guys, those scores are getting SO disqualified -- and I bet they'll do it after the deadline passes so that the Ditto users don't get to try again. (Some of the first users to have their scores disqualified did hit the leaderboards again pretty soon, but minus the Ditto and with sores only up to 100k.)

Mega Banette is back for a competition, move-limited, right in time for Halloween. Ditto-based high scores have officially broken 1M points (current top scorer reportedly got 1.5 million points).

Disqualifying those scores is not enough, they really should add a "Ditto is not eligible to compete" message to competitive stages.

Last edited:
I consider the ditto users as simply trolling just to draw ill responses from the players in Miiverse. The best thing people can do is ignore them - they always get disqualified anyways. But yeah... Programming a "No Ditto" clause wouldn't hurt.

Now, one of my least favorite parts of the game are the Safaris: The latest one had a 3.3% catch rate on both Dusclops and Crobat - and it took well over 100 tries just to meet Dusclops and catch it! >.<

Now, one of my least favorite parts of the game are the Safaris: The latest one had a 3.3% catch rate on both Dusclops and Crobat - and it took well over 100 tries just to meet Dusclops and catch it! >.<
Golbat's catch rate was actually worse than Crobat's -- I nearly S-ranked Crobat for a 40% or so catch rate, while for Golbat the same conditions gave maybe only a 15% catch rate. My worst encounter in that Safari was Gourgeist -- I only found it twice in over 100 plays, so I made sure to stock enough coins to catch it the second time. Pumpkaboo's stage was fun though.

And Mega Absol really rocks 3-Pokemon stages.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom