• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your thoughts on Pokemon Shuffle?

I've put a few hours into Pokemon Shuffle now, and it's not bad. Your hearts regenerate all the time regardless of whether or not you are in the game, your 3DS is in sleep mode, or even if your 3DS is turned completely off. However, after you get to 5 hearts it won't accumulate anymore from the timer. (It may just go by the 3DS clock, I haven't tried it, but you might be able to just set the clock ahead to get all your hearts back.)

Overall, the game would be better if they didn't go with the F2P model and just made it a download-only game you pay for one time, like Pokemon Battle Trozei. But quality-wise it's a good game with a really decent amount of content. It is great as something to play for like 20 minutes while you have free time, or to take a break from some other game your playing (I've been playing it in little bursts in between Alpha Sapphire). It's kind of like the Streetpass Mii Plaza games. Fun to mess around with for a little while and then play something else.

If you are on the fence, I'd say give it a try, and then if you really hate the F2P model then just delete it. What have you got to lose?

P.S.
So far, I have spent no money on it. If you have patience and something else to play, there is really no need to (unless you just want to support Genius Sonority).

I actually like it. I think I'm on stage... 30? Not sure. But I've caught all the Pokémon so far, even the limited-time only Mew! Riolu and Swablu are giving me a hard time, and I can't get past Absol in the Expert Stages. I'll admit I've bought a few jewels to pay for hearts and coins. It's annoying as hell. And if Game Freak had released this game on its own without the stupid heart limit or the need for coins to capture Pokémon with Great Balls, I think it could be a great start to a new side series (RIP, Mystery Dungeon and Ranger)... :'(

I hate minigames and mobile games so I won't bet getting it.

However it's a great way to make a ton of profit through little effort compared to making a full game.

Pokémon Shuffle is okay. Nothing too exciting, but it's okay. I actually like the time limit on this game, because it's not a game I want to find myself playing for an extended period of time, anyway. I also find it funny how Pokémon Shuffle doesn't make me want to play Pokémon Battle Trozei, for some reason.

I've also been taking advantage of a glitch while playing this game, which is obviously affecting my experience with the game, but still.

Also, according to Bulbapedia this game is developed by Genius Sonority and published by Nintendo. Sorry to burst your bubbles, but Game Freak is currently working on other ways to drive the Pokémon franchise into the ground.

Just downloaded it yesterday (dunno why I didn't do this before).

The hearth regeneration thing is kinda annyoing, but aside from that, the game is pretty fun. I tend to play it in-between Smash 3DS matches. Catching Mew was a good challenge too, go me really addicted. I would reccomend it to anyone that likes puzzle games.

I'm really enjoying it. I'm on stage 55 right now (probably would be farther if the completionist in me didn't insist on catching each Pokemon and getting S rank in each stage lol). I also caught Mew, but I'm not bothering with the expert stages until later.

I haven't spent any money on jewels, and I'm currently seeing how far I can get without using any of the coins and jewels I've earned through regular play. Of course, if I hit a huge road block, the latter idea might fly out the window real fast lol.

I like Shuffle a lot better than Trozei, so much so that I've been ignoring Trozei in favor of playing Shuffle.

I'm really enjoying it. I'm on stage 55 right now (probably would be farther if the completionist in me didn't insist on catching each Pokemon and getting S rank in each stage lol).

I understand what you're saying lol. I caught Mew, but I'm still playing his stage because I only got a B rank. XD

I'm really enjoying it. I'm on stage 55 right now (probably would be farther if the completionist in me didn't insist on catching each Pokemon and getting S rank in each stage lol).

I understand what you're saying lol. I caught Mew, but I'm still playing his stage because I only got a B rank. XD
Best of luck! I'm having the opposite problem at the moment. I've gotten S rank on stage 55 but Charmeleon is being a stubborn little bugger lol

EDIT: I say that and then on the next attempt he cooperates xD

Last edited:
I've also been taking advantage of a glitch while playing this game, which is obviously affecting my experience with the game, but still.

What's the glitch, tbh?

The one I'm using allows you to use any Pokémon regardless if you have captured them or not.

There's apparently another glitch that essentially makes the microtransactions free, but I haven't tested/tried that glitch because I'm playing the game on a New Nintendo 3DS XL. (I wouldn't use it anyway, honestly that just seems a bit rude. Also the link doesn't provide info on how to do it, not-sorry.)

I decided to quit playing this game 2 days ago. At that time, I was at Level 150. I had lot's puzzle skill to get that far, even if I didn't pay for anything.

However, Level 150 was a battle you couldn't even win with skill, even when adding 5 extra moves. In that way, you'd have to wait days just to get the coins necessary to even have a chance to win that stage. Thus the roadblock made me annoyed enough to delete it and its save data from my system.

Either way, it was fun while it lasted... v_v

I think it's a pretty fun little distraction, I like that there isn't a time limit on the normal puzzles. I just got it a day ago and am stuck on Meowth, and just been working on catching the pokemon I haven't caught yet, particularly Riolu. I also beat a couple of the EX levels. My main beef with the game itself is sometimes it can be hard to tell the tiles apart, especially if they're similar colors. I'm not really sure what can be done to help differentiate pokemon though, other than going out of my way to pick pokemon who are not similarly colored.

I'm not going to spend any money on it it, or if I did I'd cap it at what I think the game is worth ($5 at most). While I don't personally have any issue with games that make use of micro-transactions, I do feel that Nintendos attempt isn't very good, and is asking too much for too little.

What's the glitch, tbh?

The one I'm using allows you to use any Pokémon regardless if you have captured them or not.

There's apparently another glitch that essentially makes the microtransactions free, but I haven't tested/tried that glitch because I'm playing the game on a New Nintendo 3DS XL. (I wouldn't use it anyway, honestly that just seems a bit rude. Also the link doesn't provide info on how to do it, not-sorry.)

First glitch no longer works, second glitch is on reddit and I just shared on my Facebook. ^_^ This game is so fun when you don't have to pay real money for anything. I feel rich lol

I am enjoying it as well, and I am not sure because in the main game there is a Pichu level but then a while later there is a Pikachu level. The same goes for Riolu and Lucario. Main game has a Riolu level and the Expert stages has Lucario

Okay, so I lied about how I was never going to play this game. I downloaded it out of boredom, curiosity, and for some personal experience so I could bash the game with substantial accusations if I needed to.

The game itself is alright. Nothing about it is good or bad enough to really set me off. Gameplay functions like it's supposed to, the noises are pleasant, blah blah blah... the thing that irks me about this game is that (especially compared to the spin-offs of Gen IV) there's almost nothing to this game at all. Play level, clear level, wait for 2 hours to rinse and repeat. It brings absolutely nothing to the world of Pokemon; no new ways to see them, interact with them, or anything else. This game could be exactly the same if Pokemon weren't featured, and it's obvious that they're placed in this game just to catch people's attention with a familiar franchise.

Granted, that's the sort of game Shuffle is, and I was never expecting it to come anywhere close to or contribute as much as the other great spinoff series that have come before it. Still, it disappoints me that this is what the franchise is satisfied with, and it bothers me that this will probably produce more and more ames of this nature... and less games like PMD or Ranger.

Shallow gameplay, first day playing it was literally tutorials the whole time, and for a puzzle game I'd prefer Pokemon Puzzle League or Pokemon Trozei considering they both have a bit more to offer. It's not even a good puzzle game as thinking about your play for more than five seconds prompts the game to tell you the best move.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom