• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What bands/singers do you like the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Favourite Band/ Singer

Top favourite(Band):
Paramore

Other favourites: *Briefly checks iPod*
Muse
U2
Adam Lambert
Ladyhawke
Lady Gaga
Kings of Leon
Foo Fighters
The Clash
Michael Jackson
Empire of The Sun
The Killers
MGMT(Haven't listened to them in a while though)
30 Seconds to Mars(Made this list quite recently)

I'm sure I've left some out lol...

Last edited:

Favorite Band's: Linkin Park The Beatles The Doors The Rolling Stones Dragon Force Blood Bath Simple Plan Foo Fighters And many more.

Favorite Band:The Beatles
Favorite singer:Lady Ga Ga

Linkin' Park
3OH!3
Black Eyed Peas
Fall Out Boy
Dragon Force

In no particular order, 3OH!3 is first however.

I don't really have a "favorite" band, but there are some bands I listen to a lot more than others.

As far as Punk music goes:
- Charged G.B.H
- A Global Threat
- Career Soldiers
- Vice Squad
- Chaos UK
- Fleas and Lice
- The Virus
- Oi Polloi
- Copyright Chaos
- Monster Squad
- The Devotchkas
- The Casualties
- The Adicts
- GG Alin
- Sex Pistols
- Career Soldiers
- Krum Bums
- Sham 69
- U.K Subs
- The Varukers
- The 4-skins
- Circle Jerks
- Aus-Rotten
- Leftover Crack
- Choking Victim
- The Germs
- Agent Orange

As far as Industrial/EBM/Aggrotech and Powernoise go:
- Combichrist
- Psyclon Nine
- Feindflug
- Skinny Puppy
- Throbbing Gristle
- Noisuf-X
- Grendel
- Terrorfakt
- Icon of Coil
- Assemblage 23
- Tactical Sekt
- Apoptygma Beserk

As far as more mainstream music goes:
- Bullet for my Valentine
- Sublime
- BassHunter
- Benny Benassi
- Lady Gaga
- Queen

This isn't even a quarter of all I listen to, it's just what I listen to the most

Favorite band right now is Deftones. Looking forward to their new album.

I'd say Alter Bridge. I dunno, I just like them than any other band right now.

Modest Mouse.

Seriously, I've reached obsessed fanboy point with these guys. so damn great.my username is a song of theirs.

I've been to two live shows. One out here in Jones Beach (great outdoor place on the water). It was pouring rain (pretty bad storm thunder and lightning) making the show ten times better. Saw them last summer out in Ohio..me and my brother took a road trip out to Columbus to see them. that was a great show. went back to the hotel smelling like pot (don't smoke myself, but people there were lighting up). they put on a tremendous show...

-In Flames
-All That Remains
-Sonic Syndicate
-Darkest Hour
-Devil Wears Prada
-August Burns Red
-Parkway Drive

Metalcore/Melodic Death Metal/Metal

*My favourite band is: Radiohead

Ok I need to explain this in length to justify it I feel. I first remember hearing Radiohead songs' back in the early 90s, I can vaguely remember seeing the video for Creep on MTV Europe, during my youth a few times. I can remember I always loved Creep, the whole 'negative, song being positive & uplifting' concept. Is something only a very few bands' can pull off. Sadly at that age I was not really a record buying sort. So it was not until around about the date of OK Computer did I actually listen to Radiohead songs' properly, how they should be heard (in an album environment).

I can remember allot of Radiohead songs' being played all the time in 1990s infact, usually it would be a personal favourite of mine like High & Dry or Fake Plastic Tree's. The Bends is one of the greatest albums of all time it has to be said because of the songs.

Black Star, Just, Fake Plastic Tree's, Sulk, High & Dry, (Nice Dream), Planet Telex & Bones. I won't even go into how much I love that era's b-sides as this isn't a Radiohead forums'.

Then we have OK Computer, well I cannot say anything about it really, you need to listen to it to understand OK Computer. My favourite songs off of that album are... all the songs, every song on the album is perfect. But Lift, an unreleased OKC era song is the greatest song of all time, I just have to say that sorry.

Then we go on to Kid A, hmm I am not a huge fan of Kid A to be honest. It has very good & high moments of course, as in: How To Disappear Completely, Everything In It's Right Place (the most open Thom has been in terms of a actually released song), Kid A, Optimistic & Motion Picture Soundtrack.

Then it's Amnesiac, A good album. The songs I like on it are:

Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
I Might Be Wrong
Like Spinning Plates

Now Hail to the Thief, a very good & angry album by the band. Hail to thief, but I'm not.

So now, In Rainbows damn waiting for this to be released was exciting, I was on a artificial, music induced high after listening to Videotape, I can remember downloading it at 4am, playing it. Where is the climax, oh it'll happen in a second. So what happened? No climax just a proper good ending, I was amazed and so happy and affirmed with my life and it felt like everything was in it's right place for once in my life. That day was the best day I'll ever see I'm sure.

Now Pablo Honey, my favourite Radiohead album, because of the song Prove Yourself, this song got myself into Radiohead, “I'm better off dead/prove yourself.” I found that song so life affirming, it is the song that made me seriously obsess over Radiohead like I have only done over them ever. I have hundreds of Radiohead bootlegs, I have listened to every concert that has been taped and released of them, I absolutely love Radiohead & have paid $200 for a cd single of there's.

I must say one more thing there is not anything sad at all about any of Radiohead's music, the only sad thing about Radiohead's music, is when it ends'.

One day, I'm am gonna grow wings, a chemical reaction. Hysterical and useless, hysterical and let down. So lighten up squirt. :p

*Note I have cut this post down by about a 10th, so as for it not be extremely long. If anyone wishes, I can do a full essay on why I like Radiohead and upload the .doc file.

Last edited:

Linkin Park all the way!

Although I like Three Days Grace, Green Day, Three Doors Down and some others as well.

AFI~ Then theres... Slipknot, Eminem, Iosys, 30 Seconds To Mars, Linkin Park, Green Day, Dashboard Confessisonal, Atreyu, and lots of others... (this list can go on and on and on XD)

These are basically who I listen to;
Linkin Park, The Killers, Modest Mouse, and Three Days Grace.

Thanks.

My top ten, which regularly changes... my top five nearly always stays the same, but 6-10 are always shifting:

• Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys, Lard, Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine)
  • Elvis Costello
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Alanis Morissette
  • Bad Religion
  • Del tha Funkee Homosapien
  • Fiction Family
  • Dub Pistols
  • Man on Earth
  • Talking Heads

Alphabetized others:

• Alley Life
  • B-52's
  • Beck
  • Billy Joel
  • Bob Dylan
  • Cat Stevens
  • Cindi Lauper
  • Cream
  • Cruiserweight
  • David Bowie
  • Devo
  • Elbow
  • Eric Clapton
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Frank Zappa
  • Fu Manchu
  • House of Pain
  • Iggy Pop
  • James Taylor
  • Janis Joplin
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • Joan Jett
  • Johnny Cash
  • K.C. & The Sunshine Band
  • KRS-One
  • Love Among Freaks
  • Massive Attack
  • Meatloaf
  • Melvins
  • Michael Bolton
  • Michael Bublé
  • Michael Jackson
  • Millencolin
  • Motorhead
  • Muse
  • Nat King Cole
  • Naughty by Nature
  • Nickel Creek
  • One Day as a Lion
  • OZMA
  • Pete Yorn
  • Phil Collins
  • Primus
  • Queen
  • R.E.M.
  • Radiohead
  • Reverend Horton Heat
  • Rod Stewart
  • Rolling Stones
  • Rollins Band
  • Simon & Garfunkel
  • Soul Asylum
  • Spinal Tap
  • Styles of Beyond
  • Swingin' Utters
  • Switchfoot
  • The Cranberries
  • The Eric Stuart Band
  • The Ernies
  • The Grateful Dead
  • The Killers
  • The Nextmen
  • The Offspring
  • The Police
  • The Presidents of the United States of America
  • The Ramones
  • The Sex Pistols
  • The Strokes
  • The White Stripes
  • The Who
  • They Might Be Giants
  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  • U2
  • Weezer
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic

I'm a self-proclaimed music snob, so I like everything.

I think my favourite band of all time is Pink Floyd... I legit listen to The Piper at the Gates of Dawn almost every day and it just doesn't get old. Their other stuff is 100% quality, too. I like how diverse and vast their works are... there's always something new to listen to and their albums are all so unique from those of other bands and even unique from their other albums!

Runners-up for my favourite band include: Iron Maiden, Social Distortion, The Arrogant Worms, Mindless Self Indulgence, U2. I'll listen to anything once but my favourite "genres" of music are generally metal, punk, etc with a VERY light sprinkling of alt rock. I don't like a lot of modern alt rock though.

Last edited:

My favourite bband is Green Day
Might go and see them at Wembley later in the year

Coldplay, U2, Linkin Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom