• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: What book are you in the middle of right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading The Hunger Games. I don't really enjoy it, though.

Well let's see I'm "supposed" to be in the middle of:

-The World's Religions by Huston Smith (in the chapter on Hinduism)
-Taking Sides: American History (14th ed. Vol. 2) (on Issue 1 [Did Reconstruction Fail as a Result of Racism?]
-The Canterbury Tales (The Franklin)

That's them.

A Place Called Waco by David Thibodaeu.

Okay, answer these quick questions:

A) Are you a human?
B) Do you live on a planet called Earth?
C) Do you have opinions on a thing called the Waco siege?

If you answered "yes" to all these questions, read this book. I can't stress this enough. I'm just gonna stop now before I made a blog-worthy wall of text explaining how this book took everything I knew about Waco, snatched it right out of my head, spun it sideways, and stuck it back in.

And people who are unable to answer "yes" to the first two questions are welcome to read this book anyway. :p

Death Bringer by Derek Landy. It's actually pretty good.

Dead Is The New Black - Marlene Perez
it seemed like it wouldn't a typical teen novel...but it is.......so i'm probably gonna drop it

Just started "Double Solitaire", the tenth Wild Cards novel. Didn't think they could top the...let's say "resurrection" scene from the first book, but the last one pretty cleanly knocked it out of the park. Now we get the fallout on an alien world with a hippie who's a whole team of superheroes and an alien man trapped in the body of a teen girl who's pregnant with said alien man's great-grandchild. Such great stuff.

I'm reading perhaps too many books at once.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - JRR Tolkien
Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne - David Gaider
Warhammer 40,000: Salamander - Nick Kyme
Diablo: Legacy of Blood - Richard A. Knaak
The Fire Eternal - Chris D'Lacey
The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan

Darkness, Take my Hand by Dennis Lehane
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
Married to the Mouse by Richard E. Foglesong

I'm reading Jessie (the title is Gerald's Game in English), by Stephen King, for a French class. A good read, but a bit creepy.

The Ring of Solomon, courtesy of Jonathan Stroud.

I just finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 2 hours ago.
I must say, it's an interesting book.
Will be reading Catching fire tomorrow.

Reading Frankenstein for school. And still reading Anna Karenina (I'm a little over halfway done xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom