• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: What book are you in the middle of right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Another Thing... by Eoin Colfer.

That has been on my to read list ever since I finished Mostly Harmless, simply out of curiosity.

Also, I am now reading Prey by Michael Crichton. I am a big fan of the author and have been planning to read it for awhile.

I just finished Candide by Voltaire and skimmed/read Kafka's Metamorphosis which was kind of sad for the protagonist.

Empire of the Sun by J.G. Ballard. Excellent stuff.

I just finished Candide by Voltaire and skimmed/read Kafka's Metamorphosis which was kind of sad for the protagonist.

I adore The Metamorphosis. I re-read it quite recently, and, being in a psychiatric hospital, found myself very, very much sympathising with Gregor! Look like a cockroach for long enough, be thought of as a cockroach for long enough, and you'll find yourself speaking, eating, acting as a cockroach. When you're gone, when you're finally gone, they'll remember the cockroach. Also: being a burden is fun!

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. Book three of ASoIAF.

Last edited:
I read and I write, so I'm really in the middle of two books:

Reading: The Caves of Steel - By Isaac Asimov (always loved his series of books.)

Writing: The Enemy Within (Book 2 of my Mixed-Enassi Books)

Shadows and Light by Anne Bishop

Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer. For book report.

Ugh. DEMland. What the hell happened?!

Shadows and Light by Anne Bishop

A Dog of Flanders by Ouida.
Reading this for what must be the hundredth time. Easily my favorite book. :3

To Kill A Mockingbird - I read it in 7th grade, but reading it again and its so much better. I thought it was really boring back then :p

Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, both for school. I'm hitting the bookstore tomorrow, hopefully I can get some of the stuff on my list :)

Update: I got Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser, which I've already read and liked. Shit's expensive, man.

Last edited:
The Queen's Gambit, by Walter Tevis.

I don't play chess, but now I kind of want to learn.

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan, just rereading it again because I'm bored...I would read Harry Potter and The Order of The Pheonix but I don't have the book with me right now so...yeah just rereading Percy Jackson...I finished rereading The Goblet of Fire yesterday by the way.

Finished DEM-land Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian (by Eoin Colfer), so back to Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin.

This is more of a play than an actual book, but I'm about halfway through Part I of Goethe's Faust. Mephistopheles is awesome!!! :D (I must be weird for thinking so.) Very cool story so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom