• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Button Do You Press?

Back in Gen I and II days I used to press A at the precise moment the balls wobbled. I actually thought it worked, and that when the Pokemon broke out that I must have just miss timed it or something.

Down and B, I know it doesn't work but it is just habitual at this point. I mean I used to believe it worked, and I did it loads then.

I either jab at the A button or speedily click it. It just became a thing, because I really thought it helped in Gold and Silver.

I have never pressed any button because I already guessed it didn't have any effect in the outcome of your capture long before I could confirm it to be that way in the programming of the games, since the times I played a borrowed Yellow Version (my first Pokémon game was Stadium) with the Transfer Pak.

None unless I get frustrated, then I press every possible button combination that excludes the Power Button and the Soft Reset.

i bash the A button and the up and down buttons until it's captured. works 90% of the time

I chant "wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle" in between ball wiggles.

EDIT: That's what she said.

I just watch the ball wiggle. It quite fun if you are easily distracted by dumb things 0_0

Haha, this is interesting to read since I thought I was the only one with weird habits like this.

Anyways, I remember someone saying that pressing both the up and B buttons while the ball is in the air and holding down the A and B buttons until the Pokemon is caught works best. I've been using that ever since GSC even though I know by now that it never works.

My friend just mashes the A button the whole time. Says it tires her fingers out. xD

I've done tons of things. I've speed-smashed A, pressed A,B,X,Y, traced the Poke Ball on the bottom screen, tapped A/B in tune with the music, and I'm sure a few more I can't remember at the moment.

I actually do this to some success, as all of my legends were caught this way.(probably just coincidence) I press A and the down arrow when the ball closes, and alternate between up and down for each shake, while holding A.

(I know I have no life):unworthy:

I get the pointer on the Pokeball option and press A. I believe thats the most successful way you can attempt to catch a pokemon.

in the old games i pressed the down button and repeatedly pressed the A button.
but with the newer DS games i tap my fingers on the touch screen.

I used to do this (and still do, sometimes).

When the Poke Ball is thrown, I hold down the A and B buttons, then let go of the A button and press the down button at the same time.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom