• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Button Do You Press?

I normally don't press any buttons, but if its taking ages to catch a legendary, I will randomly press different buttons.

Actually, I follow the PokéBall with my stylus if I'm bored of trying to catch a legendary that doesn't seem to want to be captured. When I was little, however, I used to press B+Up or B+Down.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... MAGIKARP got away!... *smash*...

(Translation: I speed smash A, but it feels that like lessens the chances now. So for times I really wanna catch something, I freeze.)

Last edited:
I hold B and Left. I know it doesn't do anything, but I still do it for some reason.

I used to press B as soon as the pokemon entered the ball and then tapped A everytime it shook but I have since broken that habbit because I broke the A button on my Gameboy Advance by doing that.

I keep pressing A. I think it,s because I get bored otherwise, not because I think it will actually do anything though!

I just press the regular A button, but I do believe that if I don't stare at the screen, the Pokémon becomes more likely of being catched o_O

I press B at the moment the Pokemon goes into the ball, and also push Down right afterwards. That's the code I remember hearing to help me catch the Pokemon. It's weird how things like that stay on you even though you learn that they don't work. :D

A mix between A then B then A then B then A rapid pressing.
Holding down A+B and an arrow key.
Holding B when the Pokemon goes into the ball.

Crying when it opens -.-

I press A rapidly until the pokemon goes into the ball, and then I hold down A.

I know it does nothing, but I hate feeling helpless.

i just keep pressing the A button over and over again, though I do it just to throw the next Poké Ball in case this one fails, since I don't look at the screen all the time.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom