• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What career choice are you interested in?

A video game designer specifically MMORPG. I am or was an MMORPG junkie. My dream is to make a Pokemon MMORPG =)) hahaha..

I'm still at the point where I have a billion things I'd like to do. ='D

Although my most desired options... Well, I'd like to be a seamstress, a journalist (or work on the radio), writer of some sort or an english teacher in Korea. Heck, if I'm allowed to be super hopeful, possibly a member of parliament. These things have generally stemmed from the talents and preferences I found in secondary school - I love sewing and I've always been a natural at writing and public speaking, but I'm also interested in politics and I love to debate. I love the idea of teaching, too, but I'd also love to move to Korea or Japan one day so it ties together nicely, especially since I take to asian languages very easily and learned to speak both Japanese and Korean smoothly. I have to make my mind up but my options for my a levels (English, Philosophy, Government & Politics and Religious & Ethical Studies) leave my options relatively open, so who knows?

I wish to be a Pediatric Surgeon, I know from my current rough childhood how tempting it is to kill myself and I want to help all type's off children.

Also I don't give a dog about the money.

A book author. But before that I'll have to get some money from another job, so a dentist first. They get lots o' money.

I am really interested in Environmental Science so I think I'd like to be an ecologist. That'd be really cool. :D

I've been vying to be a game designer.

@Skylocust: And not just video games either.

what do you mean?

yeah, it's been my dream to be a video game designer and such, i was hoping to also do some artwork and start a company.

I want to be:

Architect
Electronic Engineer (DS's, computers' etc.)
Canine Biologist

My dream is to be a novelist. My expanded dream is to write a novel AND a video game script (that is, to release the actual game's script as a novel, instead of an 'adaptation' with a different story like the Resident Evil or Halo novels) which I would direct.

Back to the real world, I also want to be a chef.

And finally, I also like laws. So, being the most viable option, I ended up as a lawyer. But I still write and cook in my spare time (which is almost non-existant, but I do what I can).

Well, technically I'm still not a lawyer. I already graduated, but I haven't finished my thesis which is a requisite to get the title, so I'm yet to earn my degree. But I work at the field and I'm very pleased with it. When I get older and make lots of money I'll pay myself the publication of my writings.

Oh and I also dream of becoming a voice actor, but I think I'm too old to get started on that. Maybe I'll do some fandubs when I know how to do it.

I want to be a manga-ka or game graphic artist. Since im already good at drawing manga and wutnot already. But of course....i might not. Both are a gamble on how much money u might make.

I'm currently working on organizing a band, for which I will be the lead male vocalist, as well as the keyboardist and mixer for the studio recordings.

I have auditioned for plays and such in the past (mostly musicals), but I have never been cast. It probably doesn't help that I can't dance to save my life. If I ever do any acting, it will likely be strictly voice acting.

When I was a real little kid, the media showed me all these stereotypical careers that you can be if really try. So when I was real young, I wanted to attend Cornell for a bachelor's as a vet. (And the whole way my investor granddad encouraged me, that now makes me feel good about what's hiding in that tuition fund of his :D) When I was around 10-12, I wanted to be a video game designer, like most kids that age. Despite not having any idea what game design really is or that ITT Tech is kind of a good way to completely fuck yourself in terms of "transferring your credits" if you decide to move up to a university, which they say is possible but is total BS. Then about a year ago I realized I'd hate working for Microsoft anyway, really the only decent American gaming company. So now, I'm more closesly interested in graphic art/design as well as art and photography in general. And YES, I know how hard it is to make good money in the art business. However, I'm willing to what I love and only make decent-sized, semi-frequent/inconsistent intervals of cash as opposed to hating my job and living paycheck to paycheck. The colleges I'm looking into now are either the Art Institute of Las Vegas, something affordable and kind-of local, meaning I could probably enroll right out of high school, or the University of New Mexico like my uncle and granddad did, as long as I could work long enough to get decent housing and pay my tuition with that fund money.

I'm in school for psychology right now. With a Bachelor's degree, I can get a good-paying job as a therapist/counselor. With a Master's degree, I'll start teaching college courses. With a Doctorate, I'll open up my own office and start treating patients.

In the meantime, I haven't a cent to my name! ^_^;

I have these choices so far:

Physician, because I'm really good at science and health
Computer programmer, since I'm intrested in computers
And, last but not least, a novelist, because I love to read and write.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom