• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What career choice are you interested in?

I'm one of those people who say "I really want to do that!!" whenver I see someone doing a job on TV, but I really want to be an actor!

i went through my entire schooling not having a clue what i wanted to do! i graduated high school in class of 2009 and i have never attended a day of college or university (except for visiting some friends's classes). my first job was at a coffee shop while i was in high school, but my first "real" job after graduating was working in a toy store over Christmastime. then i got a job in a mailroom at a bank/insurance company but that was only on a temporary basis so i only stayed there for about six months. i figured desk jobs weren't quite right for me anyways so after briefly going to the toy store again for a couple of months, i ended up getting a job at a Rogers store selling cell phones. and now i love my job!! 8D before working there i was only sort of into cell phones to be honest (i was using the same Motorola Razr since i was in grade 13) but now i love cell phones and i love going to work XD! (its a rogers plus store so i also get to do the video rental counter sometimes. sooo much fun! i always see such awesome children renting Pokémon games or DVDs.)

I'm one of those people who say "I really want to do that!!" whenver I see someone doing a job on TV, but I really want to be an actor!
LOL THAT WAS TOTALLY ME. i still get asked by folks questions like "so, are you still hoping to be a house painter?" and i'm like "wait, what?" XD

I'd be either an actor on TV or a scriptwriter. Or maybe both, seeing as some actors write scripts as well.

I'd love to get into the art side of video game development.

either a storywritter/ plot developer for video games or a social worker/ somewhere along those lines for abused children or suicidal people. -^_^-

Game developer, particularly programming a game's engine and interface. I'd also settle for a software programmer.

I will probably end up being some kind of historian, though I'd enjoy being an animator, director, or writer, and would probably tell stories about history, alternate history, science fiction, and fantasy. I am also thinking of enlisting in the Army for a few years after high school, as I would like to have the opportunity to serve my country while I am still young enough and have few people who depend on me.

Whatever job I do end up in, I'll definitely be playing bass guitar in a band with my friends on the side. If we get lucky, I may not even need another job.

I want to reach for the stars and be a director. I've already come up with some ideas for movies. They're predominantly social drama films, in the style of Martin Scorcese, Oliver Stone, Stanley Kubrick, and all of those "movie brats". I'm a tad reluctant to disclose all of their details right now (for fear of both ridicule and copycats, because I'm that paranoid), and I think I'm going to keep my promise to myself that I won't reveal any of my ideas to anybody until I actually begin making them.

There have been a few directors who won Oscars as young as their 20s, so their stories basically keep my dream afloat, as well as my rampant desire to do something really big and important (in a good way, not like kids like Eric Harris, who have become immortal the easy way) as well as my fear of being forgotten. I want to be a person who's remembered as somebody great (to be somewhat narcissistic about it). Like Stanley Kubrick is today, or Peter Wier, who is still alive but I adore him very much.

It's funny, my parents don't actually let me see any of the films by those directors I've mentioned earlier, because they're "too violent" or things like that. I've never seen Forrest Gump, but I love it because I just know that it's good. But I don't want to just make good films or films that make a lot of money: I want to actually affect the real world, somehow, anyway. Like the book Uncle Tom's Cabin, for example. Well, maybe not that big, but I want to induce thoughts in people, actually affect them and alter the desicions they make for the better, and show them to the right path if they're going down the wrong one. I don't want to just be famous, I want to be important. There is a big difference between those two.

But anyway, I'll stop boring you by floating adrift in my fantasies. I'm also glad to see that not everybody wants to be a world leader or a famous person or reach too far to the stars, like I am. :p

I want to teach French to middle schoolers. I'd like to expose them to French culture at a young age, so it sticks, you know?

I am an artist (see avatar), nearly graduated from college! I work on comics and a graphic novel, and I'd love to be a concept artist in the gaming industry, when the market picks up.

Animator 8D I wanna make my own cartoons and creations come to life!! <3

Considering that I'm currently studying to become a teacher (in math and physics), I think it's pretty obvious...

Currently studying Computer Engineering at a state university - I intend on going into software development after I graduate.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom