• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What career choice are you interested in?

Hopefully going into Law, need to get the grades first though. Which means doing revision -_-.

Space cowboy all the way!

Yeeeeeee hawwwww! Yipeee yi yay!

Space-Cowboy-Web.jpg

I've really become interested in a career in anime and manga, either as a writer or illustrator (or both).

I want to be a video game developer, entrepreneur, actor, and comedian.

I know it's lots of hard work, but I know I can do it. I'm already learning programming languages, watch a bunch of movies to learn from different actors, watch performances from my favorite and other comedians, and am a really persuasive speaker and know how to get someone on my side and also know how to run things. I'm ready to put the work in.
No offense, but that seems pretty much impossible. Video game developer is pretty much a full-time job, actor is a full-time job when you're performing (not to mention practice), comedian - well, that can be done as a side job I guess, entrepreneur is a full-time job which requires a ton of work that you won't even get a single day off until after the business is well established.
Unless you mean you plan on doing all 4 of these things, but not all at the same time, which would be doable but still hard (acting and probably comedy are extremely hard jobs to get. And most new businesses fail so it's not in your favour statistically)

I've really become interested in a career in anime and manga, either as a writer or illustrator (or both).
I'd like to do that too... either anime (as long as it's not the "slave-labour" of drawing millions of images frame-by-frame at minimum wage) or manga. Problem is, you literally need to be in Japan to do that (as anime / manga only comes from Japan by definition). Even if I did move to Japan, I'd have no idea how to get into one of those fields (I don't even know how to get into the comic-book / animation field in America, and for all I know it could be different in Japan anyway). And I really don't know where you can learn the manga-style other than books and tutorials, which typically don't work for me. Then again maybe I just need a lot more practice.

Well currently I work two jobs. My first job (and my full-time one) is being the groundskeeper at my local park. It's more of a way to make ends meet than it is a career. I just do simple things, mowing the grass, picking up and emptying the trash, painting, cleaning graffiti, and maintaining the Baseball fields. It's not bad work, and it does provide a steady income.

My second job is a bit more interesting. I work part time as a HAZMAT technician. Basically what that means is that I make my living handling, and either containing or disposing, of hazardous materials. Which could be anything from paint to sulfuric acid and pretty much every other chemical out there. It's kinda cool, I like working in that field and you can make great money if your really pursue it and get the right certifications.

I already have my HAZWOPER and my First responder's license. I plan on collecting all my other licences like Pokemon. That includes getting my respirator license, confined spaces license, first aid license, license to operate heavy machinery, and my Class A driver's license. Someday I also want to acquire a carpentry license and an EMT license.

Basically, I'm itching to be a jack of all trades in my particular field.

I am interested in account because it is related to business but not as high stakes as other financial jobs. I know it is hard to obtain a good accounting job, but it seems to be something that lasts even as times change.

I went to the Manga Cafe in Paris for the first time yesterday. It was amazing, and I can definitely see myself going back there. The friend who took me there and the woman we were staying with both suggested that I start a Manga Cafe in New Zealand. So that is definitely something for me to think about.

I've really wanted to work for a company that tests video games. I have wanted that for as long as I can remember.

I want to be a lead vocalist in a band or a great solo artist like Adele or someone like her but more then ever i want to be that musician that people listen to when they feel sad and make them feel better.

Why, an aerospace engineer for a major defense contractor like Lockheed Martin, of course!

{Hence this username.}

I've wanted to be an illustrator for a long time. Although I also have a (slight) interest in being an author.

I always want to and still plan on becoming a professional wrestler. Currently I'm in the Army

Don't really know. Psychologist, maybe. Or novelist. Something to do with music would be awesome, too.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom