• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What career would you like to have if you were in the Pokemon world?

Scientist/researcher, definitely. You could learn a lot from the nature of Pokemon, what with their evolution, resilience to harm and stuff which could be put to use to help people in a lot of ways.

I would be a pokemon ecologist. In fact, I actually know what my first project would be.

Orre doesn't have a lot of pokemon, but it could! We just need a sample area (south of Pyrite, perhaps) where we could test the introduction of several species of pokemon that are already well-adapted to the climate.

1. Roggenrola, Boldore, and Gigalith store solar energy in their cores, and while the obvious intention was that they would gather this energy over time through teh small amounts seeping into their caves, it's possible that they would flourish in the hot sunny deserts of Orre if given the chance. Imagine huge swarms of rock creatures lumbering around throughout the entire region!

2. Also, Helioptle and Heliolisk already live in a desert. If the sun is really all they require, they're pretty much good to go already. Plus, these pokemon produce photovoltaic electricity, meaning that you could build high speed trains running between the cities in the desert that are powered by Helioptle/Heliolisk groups periodically discharging onto stations that line the train tracks. Maybe.

3. The solar powered pokemon are the primary producers of energy in this food chain. You can then introduce predators that either feed on rock, which Geodude, Graveler, and Golem do, or predators that are able to hunt down a young Helioptle (which I assume wouldn't be extremely challenging. Perhaps a Mightyena could do it). On top of that you can have a *small* population of scavenger Mandibuzz that feed off of dead Heliolisk and their predators' corpses.

I'll definitely start small and make a proof of concept. Maybe linking Realgam Tower to Phenac City. I'll have to get some outside funding, but populating Orre's deserts with wild pokemon and linking all the cities via high speed rail would do A LOT for the development of that country. I fully expect a nice place to live in Phenac or Agate Village in return for this.

I'd like to be a Gym Leader, but also involved in research as well at the same time. Research along the lines of Cynthia's research etc

I'd probably be one of those eccentric "philosopher-types," wandering around and learning all the while.
(If you feed this bum, maybe I'll give you some wisdom.)

Although it's not directly Pokemon related, I would love to (and still want to pursue), a job as an astro/solar physicist :)
I could be assisted by Lunatone, Solrock, Cresselia, and Darkrai :3
(Though I wouldn't mind the eon's, either.
You know what, I'll just take all the Pokemon.)

Obviously trainer (preferably GL, E4 or Champ). My second choice would be either Professor or masseuse (human masseuse. There's regular jobs in the Pokéworld, too). I sure as hell wouldn't mind being Volkner's masseuse, that's for damn sure. Or Lance's. ^_^

masseuse (human masseuse. There's regular jobs in the Pokéworld, too). I sure as hell wouldn't mind being Volkner's masseuse, that's for damn sure. Or Lance's. ^_^

The problem is, Machamp would have you beat with his 4 simultaneously massaging arms!

I would be a pokemon-wrestler (in some human-vs-pokemon-wrestling-matches). Because wrestle with a pokemon is my most fervent wish since I was 10 years old.

Last edited:
I'd love to be a Poke-Dex Holder and become something of a Research Assistant to the local Professor. Learning more and more about Pokemon in their actual world sounds very exciting! Although, I'd also want to raise my own personal group of Pokemon and travel the world a bit more freely too. Both of those things together would be perfect for me.

I would love to be a Pokémon Gym Leader. My only problem is that I would like to travel around the region/other regions, and I think as a Gym Leader there might be limits to how much travelling I would be able to do without losing my position.

I'm in the same situation as you so I kind of thought of a good solution/alternative. Become a Frontier Brain. You could be like Pyramid King Brandon and move all over the region so that way you don't have to stay in one place.

Being in Pokemon contests could be fun too, it would really push you to be creative and see what crazy move combinations you can come up with.

I would have to say I would work as an engineer at Devon Tech or a PokeBall engineer. I like to see what I can use the relatively abundant energy in the Pokemon World. It would also be more fun to figure out a way to mass produce certain types of Pokeballs to make them cheaper.

Then again, there's also another side of me that wants to be an urban planner to fix the relatively not so great infrastructure found in the Pokemon world.

I want to be one of the Elite 4. I've always liked Lorelei and Caitlyn. I love how Caitlyn's got her hotel-like room on her own.
Also, I like how Elite 4 are stronger than Gym Leaders.

I would definitely be a wandering trainer, maybe become a ranger if I felt like taking on that responsibility.

Not much diversity here... Well, I like writing so I probably would end up to be a guy that writes all this Pokèmon books or journals, always hanging around in the shelf of the Pokèmon world. This would also allow me to travel with my Pokèmon and do other stuff while I'm at it. Such like contest or gym matches when I have the time or need to wait a bit until I can see the certain Pokèmon to write over.

I would love to be a member of the International Police, getting to travel around the world undercover, working to infiltrate evil teams and save the world, all the while getting to wear sleek detective clothes.

Such adventure.

If not a trainer, then I'd be a photographer. I'd love to travel the regions and take great and rare photos of pokemon, preferably in their natural habitat, so I'd probably spend a lot of time in woods, underwater, in the mountains....
I'd have ofc my team of six pokemon to help me with everything

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom