• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What career would you like to have if you were in the Pokemon world?

I'd probably start out as a trainer but I'd eventually just explore the world as best I can getting better encyclopedic information of all the pokemon by studying them in their natural habitat. Sketching out things too. I'd probably submit my work to professors from time to time. I'd make a proper encyclopedia with information about pokemon that isn't exaggerated like a lot of pokedex entries, and I'd also make note of cases where pokemon were accidentally or purposely introduced to regions. (Like how Kangaskhan was originally imported to the Kanto Safari zone, only to escape after it was closed [and moved to johto, apparently in the games] and make their new home in Rock Tunnel.)

Also the idea of camping out and being surrounded by nature most of the time sounds amazing for my severe anxiety.

I can see you logic their I suffer from severe anxiety but I feel more relaxed and calmer in the countery

TBH any career would be fun involving Pokemon. But I think a historian or something like that would be neat, learning about the histories of the regions of the Pokemon world. And the histories/myths of legendary Pokemon would be interesting as well.

I would love to be an Aroma Girl (like the ones seen in XY/ORAS) taking care plants/herbs/etc— like a herbalist of sorts, I'd grow flowers (like Gracideas!) and berries. :] Being just your typical Pokémon Trainer would be fun too, and probably something I'd choose to do in the end— perhaps I'll just tend to my own garden at the side at home or something, hah!

I'd still stick with my original comment as a Pokemon biologist, but an artist would be pretty cool, too. They've been shown to have artists making a living in the Pokemon world, so why not? =)

Or, since this is fantasy and I am funny in my own head, I could become a stand-up comedian on the Pokemon world's version of HBO.

Guitarist in Roxie's band
Or probably a member of a criminal syndicate.

A Coordenator would be fun :)

Or, just someone who lives with pokemon as pets :)

Breeder.
But not just any old breeder in an average daycare im talking a massive scale breeding operation where I stud out "perfect" dittos to the highest bidder in addition to having dozens more breeding with my own team of various popular and exotic species so I can sell the eggs.

I would probably be a professor or a breeder. It would be cool to go out in the wild and study where Pokémon live and how they behave like Professor Birch does. But just looking after Pokémon and taking care of them would be pretty cool too.

I'd be a researcher, perhaps focusing on such topics as Pokémon habitats and migration. I would take on the occasional battle with poachers.

Probably a school teacher or professor. Maybe a gym leader in my town on top of being a teacher? Kinda like Roxanne, I guess?

I think being a breeder would be cool, but in the "Brock" way where you travel and have adventures. I wouldn't want to be cooped up in a Pokémon Daycare while everyone is out training and having fun! I'm a big fan of basic- and baby-stage Pokémon, so breeding appeals to me. Being a Gym Leader would be fun and interesting, as would studying Pokémon as an archaeologist or professor. Living in the Pokémon universe would probably be enough for me though!

Professor/Doctor would be out of the picture straight away for me. Too much work, not much fun. I can barely understand human biology, never mind adding studying magical creatures with different powers and forms consisting of Muk and moving up to others such as Aron to my time table. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I could see myself being a trainer. I'm quite sporty and I do enjoy competitions. It also requires some degree of knowledge and despite not being smart enough to be a doctor, I could scrape by with enough knowledge to battle. Most others wouldn't. Coordinator looks fun, but I doubt I'm smarmy enough to be successful. I'd give it a shot though to see how good I could be.

IRL I want to go into politics so I guess in the pokémon world that doesn't exactly change. Some sort of politician deciding what laws the pokémon world has to follow sounds entertaining. You could get debates such as 'is it right for pokémon to be captured', 'is it right for humans to capture rare pokémon or should we intervene and protect such areas', 'do we encourage pokémon trainers or do we discourage the practice'. All good fun.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom