• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What character(s) are you most like in terms of personality?

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
Just another interesting random thought I had.

Honestly, I don’t really feel like there are that many characters that I identify with in the anime, but I guess if I had to choose one I would probably go with Sawyer. I would say he was one of the more likeable rivals the anime has seen, and if I were a Trainer I would probably rely on strategy and analysis like he did as opposed to Ash’s highly motivating and passionate approach, yet I’m not as much of a hardcore nerd as say, Clemont. I also can really look up to certain people as an example, like how Sawyer did with Steven and later Ash.

Brock would probably be my second choice, basically the quiet and smart guy from the first four series. I definitely have a spot for girls as well, although I’m actually very shy around them and don’t react nearly as strongly to sexiness as Brock often did. :p

200px-Diamond_Pearl_Candice.png

Candice! I think that I am very loud and outgoing. I often rush decisions but in certain situations I can be serious if necessary.

Since I'm feeling nostalgic about BW right now, I'll say Iris. I know that she's a taboo subject among fans here, but I loved her brashness. She was bold to call Ash out on his mistakes, and she had some of my favorite Pokemon among the BW cast. I didn't necessarily feel that her development was exemplary, but I think she made up for it by having a good backstory.

Not personality wise mind you, but like Gary I do switch out different Pokémon for various reasons like Dex filling or preparing some trade fodder. Plus with 5-7 having some Legendaries you get through the course of the story, I tend to alternate between say grinding my main six team and switching two out for say Zekrom and Kyurem in W or Lunala and Tapu Koko for Moon.

I hate Ash, but the more i think about, he and I are somewhat very similiar.
Especially that we both love food and eat a lot... And really fast, too!
But sometimes, I feel more like James.....

You're all gonna have to bear with me here. I think I'm a lot like Paul with much of his rough edges smoothed over. Let's address the elephant in the room first: I absolutely don't condone how he treated Chimchar. Good? Alright.

We're both very experienced in Pokémon battling, highly selective over what sort of Pokémon we keep on our teams, and would favour function over looks and personality. I too have a habit of becoming frustrated when one of my Pokémon loses a battle that I thought they'd win. On top of all this, he and I prefer our solitude.

Personality-wise, he's definitely not a perfect fit beyond these points, but I think he's the closest reflection for my attitudes towards Pokémon battling.

You're all gonna have to bear with me here. I think I'm a lot like Paul with much of his rough edges smoothed over. Let's address the elephant in the room first: I absolutely don't condone how he treated Chimchar. Good? Alright.

We're both very experienced in Pokémon battling, highly selective over what sort of Pokémon we keep on our teams, and would favour function over looks and personality. I too have a habit of becoming frustrated when one of my Pokémon loses a battle that I thought they'd win. On top of all this, he and I prefer our solitude.

Personality-wise, he's definitely not a perfect fit beyond these points, but I think he's the closest reflection for my attitudes towards Pokémon battling.
So, Shooty then?

I think I am a lot like May. I love food and shopping and travelling (though I am not fit enough to travel a lot). I am also kind and friendly like her. And I guess I might find Pokemon slightly scary at first, given my anxious nature, but once I get used to them we will become friends fast.

I also have a habit of giving people second chances, the way May gave Harley. And my sibling-dynamics with my little brother are a lot like May and Max.

But I am way too shy so I don't see myself doing contests since they require stage performances. Gym battles might be more suitable. And if I did that, I think my training style would be a combination of Ash and Gary's training styles. Since I think both of them were right in different departments.

And actually I can relate with Gary on another point. I had switched career options in the past. So I can understand how he must have felt while switching over to research from training. Same with Brock changing his goal of breeder to doctor.

So basically May is the one I relate with most. And Ash, Brock and Gary on certain topics.

I have to write fanfiction to see myself in others. But if I had to pick the best choice, it would be Max due to his interactions with others (including the Pokemon he's bonded with). He is not the easiest person to get along with, but when he opens up people may view him differently. I am not whiny, though.

I am 100% legit Kasumi.
(So much so that I suspect my idolisation of her as a young girl channelled my growing personality... into her.)

Ummm... the one character I could closely associate myself with would be Cilan. Yes, I am an avid fan of flamboyancy and honor in speech, am usually cheerful unless something really terrible happens and often like to read into people's moods. I also consider myself similar to in-game Cilan, in being kinda shy towards newer audience. So, yeah, Cilan's the guy for me, which makes me love him even more. :love:

Wow didn't expect to see this one back, I really like the idea of the thread, but I really don't like talking about myself, but I told myself way back last year if the thread ever came back to the first page I would answer it.

Anyway, I think if I were to pick a person it would have to be Iris. That is because I have a really significant love of nature, I like to climb trees and sleep outside and don't like being cooped up in classrooms. Also I think I have a fairly similar sense of humor to her, and certainly do a lot of joke-insults to my close friends. Everyone's going to hate me now

I also thought of Ash's Treecko (Sceptile) as one I am fairly similar to. One thing I find a bit annoying is it is hard to point to any character in Pokemon who is shy/quiet and doesn't have a very specific set of characteristics. I am personally very shy/quiet, but I don't fit many stereotypes of a shy/quiet person. I think that Ash's Treecko is a pretty good example though of being similar to me, because Treecko is almost seen as stuck up/standoffish, but really just prefers to be by itself. Other parallels would be the hard-working side of Treecko, who spends a lot of time training by itself, I also spend a great deal of time exercising and practicing to improve in the various sports I enjoy. Also I love climbing, like I mentioned earlier, which Treecko did a lot of. And Sceptile had a crush on the evolved form of my favorite Pokemon, so that must count as a parallel.

I can't believe I forgot to mention this character in my OP, since this is the Anime & Manga forum after all.

Moon from Pokémon Adventures is almost IDENTICAL to myself from college. In fact, this is one of the main reasons why Selene is my favorite female protagonist in the games (and ironically, I first played Pokémon Sun & Moon and read the early chapters of the Manga back when I was still going to college).

1. She moved to Alola from Sinnoh (my favorite region), and she does not enjoy Alola's tropical motif, stating that it doesn't suit her character. I felt the exact same way as a transfer student going to college in a state that was very different culturally from where I was born and raised.

2. She started with Rowlet, one of my favorite starters (fingers crossed that it evolves all the way to Decidueye).

3. She often gets annoyed with Sun's antics, and scolds him whenever he acts insensitive. The college I went to seemed to cultivate and cater a lot to the "partying" side of being a college student, which I avoided like the plague for personality-related reasons. And I am easily annoyed by people who are loud & brash.

4. She has a certain appreciation for the sciences, and gets annoyed when things she considers "unscientific" like brute strength or luck end up defeating her in battle.

Honestly, the only major difference is that I don't share her same special fondness for Poison-type Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom