• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Comic Book Series are You Reading? [Possible Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameCodeTrainer

Warrior of 炎
Reaction score
Title says it all~

The series I'm reading is Batman & Robin Vol. 1 (2009-2011) which has 26 issues. I read 16 issues so far and I'm enjoying it.
What I like about this series is that
Damian Wayne, the new Robin and son of Bruce Wayne, is completely different compared to the other Robins in the sense that he isn't afraid to really beat someone up. He isn't afraid to break someone's bones at all either. I think he might be the most violent and spoiled out of the other 4 Robins lol

What I also like about this series is that Dick Grayson
has to step up his game seeing how he is the new Batman. I enjoyed reading and seeing him grow and try to be the man he looked up to. Though what I like is that he's still himself and not Bruce, so it's like Batman, with a totally different personality and perspective. I also liked how he was patient with Damian and how he didn't give up on him when Damian walked out and decided to go solo for a while.

Now, here is what I think of some of the villains (I'm not going to get into too much detail :b)...
Pyg, I say is one of the most disgusting and delusional villain so far of the series. I mean he (and his men) burn masks on peoples' faces to make them "one of the group", that is just insane.

I like how they brought back Red Hood, Jason Todds (the 2nd Robin), as an anti-hero and made one of Pyg's minions his sidekick. I found his role quite entertaining with him actually defeating Batman & Robin and coming close to reaching his goal.

So far one of the best fights of this series is when
Batman & Robin had to fight Red Hood & Scarlet. I also liked the fight between Red Hood & Scarlet had to go up against the Flamingo, that fight was really brutal.

If I had to rate the art style of this series, I give it a 8/10. Something about it feels a bit off imo, I don't know what it is. Sometimes I've noticed that some characters' drawings were a bit rushed, but I can over look that.

The comic book series I'm going to be starting soon are Batman (1941-1955), Green Lantern Corps Vol. 3 (2012), and Spawn (starting with 1992).

So, what comic book/comic book series are you currently reading?
Feel free to recommend comics and post comic book/series you've read~ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom