• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What D/P should look like....

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Something like this- http://media.ds.ign.com/media/825/825823/imgs_1.html

The game is called Spectrobes, and it is a Disney made animeish game where you collect 500 some monsters, personally Pokemon D/P should look somewhat like this (Check out the overworld screen).

Anyway, this game looks kinda cool, and apparently might be made into a tv-series as well. I'm looking foward to this.

And I don't think this will "kill" Pokemon. It's more Digimon the Pokemon kinda, as you fight as a human with swords and stuff. Still looks pretty cool.

Last edited:
I'm not going to hear the end of this, am I? It's either these graphics or bust, huh? I personally want something like MD and Ranger rolled in one, but if it ends up being 3-D, then it had better be done well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I'd prefer sprites over 3D, but if they choose that route this looks kinda good, like how Colloseum was.

This looks like a this was ripped off from pokemon. One monster looks like one of the Regis and one like Lunatone. Omg if D/P looks like this.....I dont kno. I'm not sure I want it to be 3-D. I guess we are going to see what the future holds for us.

I thought that when I first saw Digimon, and it turned out to be like my second favorite series. Any Moster Collecting game I usually eat up.

Some pic of Monsters

http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/120/932841_20060501_screen001.jpg

They evolve, but they look more like Digimon. The middle one looks like Seasarmon, while the top one does resemble Entei.

Aslo, their aren't trainers in this, the Spectrobes are alien life forms, and the player gets stuck on their planet.

EDIT: You may have noticed my sig has one of the Spectrobes in it, I wonder how many people I can fool?

Last edited:
You might fool a noob from Serebii, but not a lot of people here. It's final evo looks like Caturamon and Entei had an illegitimate child.

2D gameplay. Bottom screen being menus that you move through with the stylus, top being the field and you use the D-pad hopefully. Hopefully Spectropes will be great, pass the time between pokemon games

I'm hoping for 2D gameplay too. It'll just take less time.

Field graphics: like Ranger, or something...but with time and weather!
Battle graphics: Perhaps the interface could be like Golden Sun's (brings up possibilities of 2+ Pokémon at once, both sides, in wild battles). But definitely with less crappy enemy sprites.

What graphics I would like from Pearl and Diamond: I would like to stand on the beach, seeing the surf wash between my toes, the beach and the water bathed in a reddening, golden sunset.

As for Spectrobes...I wonder how deep of a game it could be with the resources devoted to 500 some polygonal monsters.

Well, now we know something of what D/P will look like. It's not entirely what I was expecting, but I am satisfied anyway. People are probably going to throw the graphics of this in it's face like they did with Golden Sun, though.

Man, what a conincedence, posting this topic the day before D/P was shown!

Personally, I think this game looks pretty cool. I hope the battle system works well though. I think I am probably going to get it.

As for being like a pokemon game, I'm not sure if pokemon would work looking like that. For me, games like colosseum and Stadium always ruined the graphical experience compared to the Gameboy games because it showed too much animation that imagination couldn't take over.

I did want a lot of animation in DP, but I wanted a lot of simple animation and camera movement, such that you can see the personalities of your monster while still letting your imagination take over.

As far as graphics go, I guess a good combination of 2D AND 3D couldn't hurt nobody...except maybe my brother.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom