• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What did you do to the eggs given by NPCs in game?

Reaction score
And no - this does not include eggs that you bred. Like the title says, it's about event eggs that are given by NPCs. Whether you are forced to take it cuz it's part of the storyline, or optional - what became of the eggs did you get?

If I remember, the eggs are...
Gen 2 Johto - Togepi Egg given by Daycare
Gen 2 Johto - Odd Egg given by Daycare (Crystal) - contributed by @GallifreyanGallade;
Gen 3 Hoenn - Wynaut Egg given by Old Lady
Gen 3 Kanto - Togepi Egg given by someone (Sevii)
Gen 4 Sinnoh - Happiny Egg given by Hiker (DP)
Gen 4 Sinnoh - Togepi Egg given by Cynthia (Pt)
Gen 4 Sinnoh - Riolu Egg given by Riley (DPPt)
Gen 4 Johto - Togepi Egg given by Daycare
Gen 4 Johto - Give Primo the correct code for Flaaffy, Wooper, and Slugma egg - contributed by @Hawkeye;
Gen 5 Unova - Larvesta Egg given by someone

If there are others, please tell me :)

So, did you give the eggs your best love and raised them to a fine pokemon?
Or did you ditch them because they weren't worth raising?

As for me, I raised the ones I liked. Riolu was fun to raise, but Lucario was somewhat below what I expected. I never raised Togepi to the fullest. I once got Wynaut to evolve, but I never used Wobboffet.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if these count but, in HGSS if you give Primo the correct codes he will give you a Flaaffy, Wooper, and Slugma egg.

I hatched all of mine. (might as well)

And I totally found my passwords for Primo in HG on Filb.de to get a couple eggs from him. (the Wooper ended up on my main team, the Slugma helped me defeat Bugsy)

I hatched all of them. I don't like leaving them unhatched, even if I don't raise them. I'm pretty sure that I raised the Toegpi in Silver and Crystal. I'm not sure if I had it on my Gold team. I only hatched the Wynaut, the Togepi from FR/LG and Happiny. I wasn't interested in raising either one of them and by the time I got the Togepi egg, I was pretty much set with my team in those games. I raised the Riolu in D/P/Pl since Lucario is my favorite Pokemon and I really enjoyed raising them from an egg to the point where I sent Riolu eggs to myself for my HG/SS teams. I was going to raise the Togepi again in HG/SS, but I raised the Togepi I got from Cynthia for my Platinum team instead. I hatched and raised the Larvesta for my White team since I needed a good Fire type and I wanted to try something different as I normally don't raise Bug types. It was difficult to raise, but once it evolved, it was all worth it. I didn't know about the Flaffy, Wooper and Slugma egg from HG/SS. That's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Gen 2 Johto - Togepi Egg given by Daycare
Hatched it then evolved it.

Gen 3 Hoenn - Wynaut Egg given by Old Lady
Hatched and boxed

Gen 3 Kanto - Togepi Egg given by someone (Sevii)
Hatched then boxed

Gen 4 Sinnoh - Togepi Egg given by Cynthia (Pt)
Boxed

Gen 4 Sinnoh - Riolu Egg given by Riley (DPPt)
Hatched then evolved at lvl 2. Tried using it in my team but meh.

Gen 4 Johto - Togepi Egg given by Daycare
Boxed

Gen 4 Johto - Give Primo the correct code for Flaaffy, Wooper, and Slugma egg
Hatched the slugma to aid in hatching other eggs, boxed the wooper and flaaffy.

Gen 5 Unova - Larvesta Egg given by someone
Hatched it for the same reason as the slugma.

I've used all the eggs in a main play-through except the ones you get from Primo, since I didn't know they existed. Yep that includes the Wynaut egg, Encore Wobbuffet is ridiculously fun to use.

You forgot an egg - it's called the Odd Egg and it's given out by the Johto Daycare, and it will hatch into any of the Gen II babies, with a 1/8 chance of being shiny.

Anyway, I normally hatch them but don't use the Pokemon that comes out of them. The only ones I would use would be Togepi (only in Gen IV) and Riolu.

Yeah,the Odd egg is only in Crystal, I forgot about that one. :p

Gen 2
Togepi - Hatched then boxed
Odd Egg Pokemon (forgot who I got) - hatched then boxed
Gen 3
Wynaut - Hatched then boxed
Togepi - Hatched then boxed
Gen 4
Happiny - Hatched then boxed
Riolu - Hatchd then trained it until it evolved. Now has a Lucairo in my main team in Diamoind
Togepi - Never played Platinum so no comment
Togepi (HGSS) - Hatched then boxed. Decided to train it post-game, now a fully-evolved Togekiss that's part of my rotation team
Slugma, Flaafy, Wooper - Never got them
Gen 5
Larvesta - Still haven't gotten yet.

I raised most of the eggs I received, save for Wynaut because I didn't want it to evolve into...that thing! I always wind up taking care of the Togepis that I receive in egg form. Always...

The only egg I had to deal with was the Togepi egg in SS, and I did hatch it. I tried to use it in my team, raising it to level 30, but then I realized that it wasn't useful enough to keep on my main team. So I boxed it and put an Exeggcute in its slot. It's still on rotation, though.

I had the eggs for breakfast

All eggs given to me (both npcs and the day care couple) share the same fate:
  • Egg is hatched
  • Resulting Pokémon is kept in a box (the time in the box varies)
  • The Pokémon is then trained until they reach their final forms

I made the tastiest omelet ever created!

in all seriousness, I always hatch them.

I hatch and use Togepi in the Johto games, but for any other egg, I just shove it in the box and never think about it again. XD

Hatched all the eggs from gen III-V expect for primo's. If I actually raised all of them idrc.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom