• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What did you name your rival in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt, don't know why, probably after Matt Bellamy ;)

My friend named his rival 'Dinner'. 'Dinner wants to battle!'

..I went the non-screwed up way and chose Barry. I think. ;>_>

I named my rival Todd because, well, I hate the name Todd, and everyone I've known who has been named that has been a bit on the stupid side.

Apologies if your name is Todd.

I named mines GayWad (Don't ask)

I can just imagine the scene in the maternity ward now:

NURSE: What do you name your son?

FATHER: GayWad.

NURSE: What?!

MOTHER: You heard him, we name our son GayWad.

NURSE: O.K. . . . *dials Child Services*

I named my rival on Diamond Ash after Ash Ketchum from Pokemon I have to name myself and my rival after everone from Pokemon like my GBAs I picked the name May and on Gold I picked the name Misty as for Diamond I named myself Dawn

I named mine Jeff. I think its such a cool name!

Last edited:
XD *LOL* My Rival's called "Naruto"! Because of 2 reasons:

1. He looks like him!

2. He acts like him!

In almost every version I've named my rival simply "A Crap" I've busted my gut more then once when it says "A Crap wants to battle!" and I purposely try to avoid looking at his picture and then I imagine a piece of crap in my head wanting to battle me. In this Gen I named my Rival BARALOO, just because at the time I was hyper and it was a word I had recently Invented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom