• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What did you NOT like about Sun&Moon?

I corrected myself, since I thought there were 8 excluding Necrozma.
Oh, I see, sorry about that!
16 is the total number of legendaries and UBs, not counting Cosmog and Cosmoem. It's 17 with Silvally.
Still getting lost here...Main duo+Necrozma+4 tapus+7 Ultra Beasts is only 14.
Now since when are Pokemon "a threat to humanity"?
Gengar's moon entry-It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans. And we've had to rescue a child from a Hypno in FRLG.
And if you're going to say that catching Pokemon like Giratina and such follow the same mentality, at least they look and act like Pokemon would.
Exactly how is a Pokemon supposed to look at act? There's a Pokemon that looks like an Easter Island head that uses magnetism to draw in prey, a Pokemon that looks like a multicolored deer that can grant eternal life, and Pokemon that are electric mice that cheer others on. It's not exactly set in stone.
So that's why I feel that GF should've spent more time working on creatures that actually LOOK and ACT like Pokemon, not invaders from another dimension that are very hostile and very dangerous.
Yeah, a Pokemon from another dimension posing a threat is a pretty bad idea.
Unown dimension - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
dialga.png

Oh wait...
And don't say that big 4X weaknesses and low defenses will make them any more like Pokemon, because if you can't exploit those weaknesses, then it's like they don't have any weaknesses at all.
...Just attack using a move that they're doubly weak to? Exactly what is the issue with exploiting their weakness?

Now since when are Pokemon "a threat to humanity"?

Since the first game, and every generation adds a new Pokemon that is something you don't want to meet in a dark alley.

A few examples: Gyarados, in the Red and Blue Pokedex, destroys cities. Litwick drains people's life force. Honedge kills people who try to wield it. And let's not forget Mewtwo, which destroyed a laboratory when it escaped.

Pokemon have always been a threat to humanity. This is nothing new.

I apologize for the double post...

I am growing to hate the SOS mechanic. Take a non-legendary Pokemon with an extremely low capture rate, and add that mechanic? Your best bet becomes throwing a Pokeball at it in round one and praying you snag a capture. Otherwise, the creature can easily kill itself with Struggle because you spend a lot of time beating down its allies. Assuming you still have Pokemon left by that point.

I apologize for the double post...

I am growing to hate the SOS mechanic. Take a non-legendary Pokemon with an extremely low capture rate, and add that mechanic? Your best bet becomes throwing a Pokeball at it in round one and praying you snag a capture. Otherwise, the creature can easily kill itself with Struggle because you spend a lot of time beating down its allies. Assuming you still have Pokemon left by that point.

Thunder Wave is your friend....

Unfortunately, some of the ones with a low-capture rate are immune to that.
You could always try to catch the ally it summons. More often than not, they'll summon allies of the same species.

You could always try to catch the ally it summons. More often than not, they'll summon allies of the same species.

... which, in turn, then summons allies as soon as you've got its HP low enough.

Same problem, different Pokemon.

This is probably part of why Soak exists, Water is one of the types that don't have an immunity going for or against it. Soak+TWave=stopping the chain easily, Soak+False Swipe=1 HP ghost-types for easier catching.

Of course the only low catch rate pokemon I can think of is Beldum, which only uses Take Down...

then use False Swipe and some variation of sleep instead. higher catch rate modifier anyways. also avoid Pressure and Intimidate (i think there's another one too) and spamming SE moves on the SOS mons as that will also increase the rate at which a Pokemon calls for help.

The system to level up pokemon to 100 is hellish.

Although I have to say... someone told me before that if I'm going to use pre-Gen7 mons, have plenty of bottle caps, and don't care about spending a bunch of game money and heart scales, I should just level them up to 100 in Gen6 and then transfer them over to Gen7 via Bank. Either use the Blissey Bases or just leave them at the Day-care and loop around Lumiose Tower/Battle Resort. Set the loop before going to bed, and by morning they'll be in their 90s.

Which, again, proves that having no reliable system for level ups is a big mistake.

The system to level up pokemon to 100 is hellish.

Although I have to say... someone told me before that if I'm going to use pre-Gen7 mons, have plenty of bottle caps, and don't care about spending a bunch of game money and heart scales, I should just level them up to 100 in Gen6 and then transfer them over to Gen7 via Bank. Either use the Blissey Bases or just leave them at the Day-care and loop around Lumiose Tower/Battle Resort. Set the loop before going to bed, and by morning they'll be in their 90s.

Which, again, proves that having no reliable system for level ups is a big mistake.
If you can farm Lucky Eggs from Pelipper in ORAS, you can get a team of level 1 Pokémon to level 100 by battling the post-game Hoenn Elite Four several times (ballpark number...5-10?) Even faster if you obtain them in a different game than the one you're training them in.

Took me about three-ish hours to train 5 Pokémon all the way to 100. Although I do need a strong Pokémon with a diverse movepool to actually do the fighting.

I have yet to find a way of reliably grinding Pokémon to level 100 in SM. I hated the Gen V exp mechanic, but at least there the E4's higher levels guaranteed a higher experience gain.

I have yet to find a way of reliably grinding Pokémon to level 100 in SM. I hated the Gen V exp mechanic, but at least there the E4's higher levels guaranteed a higher experience gain.
Best way to level up I found:
a) get 8~14 free hours;
b) battle E4, or just wild pokemon outside of battle tree, as you can just select one attack instead of having to think about the other mon;
c) marathon something on youtube or netflix, 'cause you will need it.
Optional: get a friend to help you with that, and use the Rare Kitchen 5* to level up from 89 to 98.

Outside of that, there is nothing better, I believe. Battle Buffet and Morimoto can help a little bit too.

It's still BS, because it takes WAY to long for that. Props for GF for putting a way to maximize IVs, and for forgetting to get a reliable way to get a mon to level 100 that didn't take over 10 hours.

The unreal amount of unaccessible locations that ended up being style over substance. This was quite disappointing. No other Pokemon game has ever had sooo many locked buildings.

The unreal amount of unaccessible locations that ended up being style over substance. This was quite disappointing. No other Pokemon game has ever had sooo many locked buildings.

Except XY.

I wasn't as bothered by SM's areas because SM actually feels complete, XY doesn't.

Nah. SM easily beats XY there. In XY we could at least enter regular houses, like in all previous games. In SM most of those are not accesible! This is the first time they do this in the series.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom