• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What did you NOT like about Sun&Moon?

1. SOS. Oh my God. And that's without needing to find certain Pokemon. I don't need this kind of anxiety in my already-anxious life.
2. I wanted there to be new dialogue for Aether Foundation employees after what happened (I'm being intentionally vague about this). I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't.
3. The Rotom Dex. I've never been a fan of wisecracking sidekicks, and I found its constant "help" to be annoying.
4. The movesets of Oricorio and Pyukumuku. Oricorio because it has the same moveset regardless of its forme, and Pyukumuku because it doesn't have a single normal offensive move. My strategies are almost exclusively offensive, so this bothers me a great deal.
5. Mina. I hate her design. It bothers me how her painted hair lines up so perfectly with the paint on her face. That doesn't make sense. It makes her look fake. I hate her as a character because looking at her makes me so uncomfortable.
6. The fact that if I accidentally enter Festival Plaza, I can't get out again until Sophocles has given me the whole fucking tutorial. I don't want to be here! Let me out! Please!

Four relatively minor ones:

1. I really wish they would show the opposing Trainer perform their Z-Move dances. With Mega Evolution, I didn't really mind it because the "pose" was generic and brief anyway. But the Z-Move dances have flavor and individuality to them, which emphasize that it's a specific tradition in Alola. Before the games came out, I was assuming that the opposing Trainers doing the dances was half the whole reason why we could see them in battle now; I thought it made a lot of sense to link things in like that. But since the opponent isn't shown doing them, I hardly see the point of us doing them either, much as I like the individual ideas for each pose.

2. Sableye's new Pokédex entry in Sun mentions how it stalks Carbink so that it can steal their gemstones, but often fails because Gabite get to them first. However, in-game, there are no Gabite to be found in the area where we can find Carbink and Sableye. Instead, Gabite are locked into the even-more-infuriating-than-normal Weather SOS battles. I get that they probably didn't want to give us access to Gabite on the first island (well, I say that, but you can get Bagon on Route 3 to SOS a Lv9 Salamence, so...), but I'm sad that that piece of Dex flavor didn't carry over. They did such a great job with the aforementioned Bagon, and I really like seeing the information in the Pokédex reflected through the actual gameplay, so I sort of had my hopes up.

3. Speaking of flavor text integration, why are there no "Beware Bewear" signs? They mentioned such things on Bewear's page on the official site:

> "When Bewear is acting in a friendly fashion, just swinging its arms around, you must never dare to approach it carelessly. It is acknowledged to be a dangerous Pokémon, even within the Alola region. You may see warning signs posted near places it resides."

After seeing that they included Pyukumuku chucking, I thought those signs would have been neat to include. Though I guess it's a bit of a contradiction, since we don't see wild Bewear until the post-game portion of Poni Island, where there's not much civilization. The again, there are still the usual Trainer Tips signs...

4. It irks me that we can't even get a Gen VI-esque NPC lore dump for Magearna, let alone some kind of in-game event. They'd finally worked out the problem that those were always plagued by (that is, that they were only available for a short time, and once they were over, you were completely locked out of seeing certain storyline events, unless you traded for somebody else's event Pokémon), by making Magearna available via QR code. And then we get like, two sentences about it.

- that many pokes didn't get priority moves into their movesets
( it was a very slow generation but I understand why but not that lack of priority moves)
- that trial captains and kahunas could have had better teams and strategies

- that we didnt get more new priority, sound and switch oriented moves for ghost , psychic, electric and others
- psychic should have gotten some more physical moves

- both Lycanrocs could have had secondary typing, ghost , fairy or steel.

-Wishiwashi wery good ability, but also could have had a type change in School form
-Pallosand would need Water Absorb or make Water Compaction could have also reduced water damage by half.

The games were very good , the story would need more secrets and funny dialogs between the characters.
Maybe they will change that in next generation

While Sun and Moon are very great games, there were a few things that kind of bugged me.

• Mina's place in the story. Honestly I didn't mind her too much, It was just that she had nothing to dowith the actual trial of Poni Island. Fairy type Trial Captain but Dragon type trial. She could have been in the same exact spot where she was in the final game, and just gave her Dragons instead of Fairies. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was just that. Or even just an explanation. Maybe she used fairy types to train the Kommo-o so it knows how to take those fairy type attacks. Sorry Mina, but my Mimikyu freaking one-shotted that thing, and I was one level over it.
  • The post-game. I haven't beat a lot of Pokemon games admittedly. The only ones I have ever completed were Crystal, XY, ORAS, and now SM, but I really like big post-game things, with lot's of story. A story, after the main story. it makes me think, and I love it. Crystal didn't have much story, but you got to explore all of Kanto, as well as fighting the greatest Pokemon boss in all of history (in my opinion), Red. ORAS had the entire Delta episode, alongside all the freaking legendaries you got to catch, and XY had the Looker quest, but an actually good one. Don't get me wrong, I did like SM's Looker Quest, but it just didn't live up to his XY one for me. The XY one gave us much more story, and more things to do. I think my first run through of the post game took me 5 hours. That's another 5 hours of story filled game-play. ORAS was similar in length, and was also very cool, but SM was just catch some UBs, a bunch of times, and the story behind it was basically all shoved in right before the end, before you catch Guzzlord. Like c'mon, I want to know more.
  • Character customization being version exclusive, as well as limited. I really felt that there was less options this time around. For one, why can't I have a nice purple shirt in my Sun playthrough? And two, where the heck are the gosh darn dresses? and 3, I'm going up Mt. Lanakili (or however it's spelled) it is freaking snowing and you're telling me the warmest clothes I have is the flower top and some denim capris? You can even ask Professor Kukui if he's cold without his shirt, but we must be feeling cold too
  • Not enough Pokemon. One of the things that first caught me when they really started getting the trailers going was the little scene where Kukui says they're lots of rare Pokemon in this region. Yeah, there was more than X and Y, but not by much. Alola feels so alive, but it's not as full of rare life as it's made out to be. Alola's a very tropical placem, and tropical places tend to have a lot of animals that a lot of other places don't. Though also better than X and Y, I found there were a lot more I liked this time around, I'm able to make 3 teams of only Alola Pokemon (including the new Alolan forms) and excluding legendaries, that I really like and I really want to use.
  • Going off of not enough Pokemon, I really didn't feel like there were a lot of Alolan forms either. I didn't mind so much that they were all Kanto based (though I'd love to see some of the other region Pokemon),it was the fact that they're weren't a lot in general. So many Pokemon could have adapted in a cool way to Alola. JWittz, a very popular Poketuber, even did a video with Alolan forms we could see (before the games came out), and some of them were really awesome. An Alolan Electrode that's designed off a dive ball, because of all the water in Alola. An Alolan Clefairy that is based of a Lunar Rainbow or a Moonbow, a phenomenon seen mostly in Hawaii, and even an Alolan Dragonite with a Fish Hook for a tail as a reference to Polynesian mythology on how the Demigod Maui pulled up Islands, and restrained the Sun with it. 3 people were able to come up with 10 amazing ideas forkanto Pokemon to get new forms. We could have had some really awesome stuff, if they're were just more.

There are some other, more miner problems I had, but don't need to be mentioned. Like I said earlier, these games are awesome, and I still really love them, but there's just a couple things I think dragged them down a little bit.

Battle Tree
The Battle Maison in Gen6 is better in comparison. I get to team up with Steven Stone and my NPC friends and Archie/Maxie and stuff right off the bat so it was enjoyable. Plus, with the help of NPCs with good AI, BP grinding wasn't terrible. But at Battle Tree, you only have one breeder to team up with (who has bad AI), and you have to scout other players if you want them as your partners by playing through the Tree. Seriously?? So if you're bad at battling, you can't even enjoy teaming up with your favorite NPCs?

As a first time actually playing on a console (unless you count a Pokemon Gold Vietnamise-like Edition I got for a really scratched gameboy color), I didn't mind the tutorials on the beginning of the game, because I actually needed.
However:
  • I didn't quite like how not-a-rival Hau is. He was never a challenge to me.
  • A bit of a nitpick: I don't like the names on Alola. Maybe because I'm not Hawaiian, but the names of the cities and the name of the Tapu deities, and more, they don't make sense. Most of them are just one syllable repeated. Melemele, Ula Ula, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini (I can only remember this name because it looks like the name of that candy producer).
  • SOS chaining is awesome, but is lacking one thing. You can use an Adrenaline Orb to raise the chances. Certain abilities raises the chances. Lowering the HP of the pokemon to the minimum raises the chances. You see? Nothing lowers the chances. So once the pokemon has 1HP, was intimidaded and an Adrenaline Orb was used, nothing will stop it from calling help. Unless you put a status condition. Except that burn can defeat it, and freezing it is rare and it probally has no health for that, as no move has a chance of freezing without causing damage . Paralysing it or putting it to sleep are the only ways, but it's not always that you can put that on a pokemon to chain X pokemon.
  • A lack of making it you know that a pokemon is shiny. On PC, I gotta click on it first to make sure that I'm selecting the right one, and on battle, there is no indicator that it is shiny. I'm not going to look at the screen for 4 hours non stop while I'm chaining! A star, or a different sprite on the selector would be enough. Or have the Z-Moves occupied so much space that they can't fit different color palettes for 32bit sprites?
  • They don't mention some things. Example, that on wild battles, pokemon can call OTHER pokemons that aren't just from their species. Or other more specific things on that, like there are pokemon on SOS battles that only appear while there is a weather condition. A NPC saying "oh man, a sandile was annoying me and my pokemon during a sandstorm, and suddenly, a Gabite appeared! I had to run because my pokemon were weak. After the sandstorm passed, I searched for him, but there were no trace of that Gabite..." Something mentioning that on the dex would also be cool. I searched for quite a while for a random Gabite, to only discover that he only appeared on those specific conditions when checking around the internet.
  • Same thing about the EV power items. A NPC saying "back in the old days, these items would raise a bit of x power. Now, they raise even more!" And to the fact that on SOS battles, the called allied would give double the EVs. That would be cool to know without the internet.
  • AND it would also be cool for the NPCs to say something like "oh man, I couldn't defeat X pokemon quickly, because it wouldn't stop calling alies. Suddenly, one with different color appeared!", to let us know that YES, SOS chaining does indeed raises the chances of shinies appearing.
  • Pokemon that are affectioned to you, when sent out, does one more animation before the whole battle, like shaking, or looking back at you. While cute and amazing during the normal story, and on trainer battles, they are a pain in the butt when you are looking for a 5%, or even worse, a 1% pokemon to appear, and you sent him out, he looks back, THEN you can run and try again. For that to happen again, and again, and again. I've got a speedrunner's mind, so losing ALL DEM FRAMES are terrible.
  • Speaking of Pokemon Refresh: the pokebean selection screen. WT#? I pick a bean more times than not while trying to scroll that.
  • I love fishing. Fishing on SM, however, is dumb. Bubbly spots have better pokemon? More like... Bubbly spots have a slightly smaller chance of you getting a Magikarp! Plus: you have to LEAVE the area for the bubbles to appear again? I'd understand if you had to wait a few seconds, or leave it offscreen for a few seconds and then comeback. But leaving the area completelly? "Oh, but you can save in front of the place and soft reset until it appears". But that's exactly the problem! Soft resetting just to FISH? I'd understand to soft reset to get a shiny legendary or whatever, but to get a slightly rare pokemon from a fishing spot? Really?
  • Like everyone has said before, the lag on some battles.
  • Oh god! Look at all of those frozen pokemon, just to serve as decoration! PC: :)
  • Vikavolt. Like, he is the perfect troll pokemon. You get him early game, all good. I even got an Adamant one, which was awesome, because he was learning a bunch of physical moves! Then he evolves by level 20, and he looks like bread, but who cares! If I remember correctly, he evolves into a sick ass evil bug! Now he is level 30... Okay, hasn't evolved for some reason. 32? 35? 38? No evolution, really? Okay, let's see on the internet, because the game SURE DOESN'T TELL ME ABOUT IT... Oh, okay, he evolves from a magnetic field. And where would that be? Fourth island... SERIOUSLY? *some time later* Finally, fourth island... Can't acess the area where he evolves yet... Now I can... but I must do SLIGHTLY SPOILERY BATTLE first? Wait a second, just let me find some grass first... Oh, nevermind, there IS NO grass here! So I must use a Rare Candy for him to evolve before there is no point for him to exist! GREAT!
  • I slightly mentioned that on above point: you can't fully explore some areas before the plot lets you. Hum, let's explore the city... Oh, never mind, I can't because... Stoutland wants to search for itens? But... What does that have to do with anything? WHAT IS THE REASONING FOR ME NOT ABLE TO WALK ON THIS DIRECTION? HE CAN SEARCH FOR ITENS WHILE PEOPLE ARE WALKING! That is probally a crime, prohibiting people from walking down a street for no reason!
  • One of the things that most annoy me: Isle Abeens. The main feature, not counting the fact that it is your way of getting Poke Beans, is that wild pokemon can visit it, and it can decide to stay with you. When I first saw that, I was sure that it would be any pokemon. I was sure that it would be one of the ways of getting legendaries. Like, Lugia decides to visit around, and be like "yo, you are a good person, I want to be around with you and help pokemon around" or something. Instead, only a very select few pokemon can appear. The most interesting ones would be Lapras, Metang, Kadabra, Pinsir, Scyther, Trevenant, and a few others. But what special things do they have? Do these pokemon have perfect IVs, has egg moves, are holding some kind of valuable item? Well.. No. They are just that, wild pokemon. If you were to go out and catch one of those, they would be basically the same. So, I ask: what's the point? And I answer: there is no point. There is nothing special about those pokemon, so there would be no reason to say yes when they say they want to join. I still say yes, but still...
  • Also, about the Beans: Why the only way of getting it takes so long to first appear? After two trial on the second island? Really?
  • Poni Island is so... Bland... It is probally my favorite island, but the only reason for that is that there are higher leveled pokemon only. And that its name is not one name repeated. It's just Poni.
  • The endgame IS kinda bland too. Not much to do, just capture some Ultra Beasts, the Battle Tree and... Well, that's it.
As far as I can remember, that's it. I have a few other nitpicks, but writing all of them while SOS chaining Eevees is kinda complicated.

• The endgame, as always, but this isn't unique to SM. There really should be more incentive to keep playing for those of us who don't obsess over competitive play.
  • No way to lower the chance of SOS aside from status effects.
  • Customization got better in some ways (more skin/hair/eye colors, hat can come off, you can wear glasses, the Skull Tank was a nice touch too), but worse in others (no dresses, colors limited by version, fewer kinds of hats to try, also this is nitpicky but I would have liked different shape options when it came to glasses).
  • The plot flags seemed kind of broken in some areas.
Hala never mentions that time he and Tapu Koko fought UB-02, even if you fly to Iki Town right after it happens. No one in the Aether Foundation reacts to Lusamine and Guzma vanishing through a portal, or references the fact that they were all just trying to kill you before that happened, plus people in the conservation area are still talking about the wormhole from when you first go there way later on in the game, as if it had still just happened. Hapa's grandmother continues to say "You should go with Hapa to Vast Poni Canyon" after that plotline is done with, even when Hapa is standing right there next to her.
  • Also, the incredibly small number of new Pokemon. The old Pokemon overwhelm the Alola Pokedex, making the new ones seem like an afterthought. There have been times when I ran into a Pokemon and wondered, "Is that one new or is it just something I forgot from Gen 4?"

I think what annoys me the most is just how stoned and out of it the Alola form of Meowth and the trial captain Mina seem to be.

1. There are a lot of "holes" that allude to future events. Like unbuilt buildings, some dude getting his act together with some Jurassic Park thing, amongst others. Also, I'm pissed off I cannot visit that stupid lighthouse. While I hold hope that this will allow for a Switch port with added content or sequels (or even just downloadable content), I feel like GF is just going to troll us with a "lol jk" like how they did with the Battle Frontier reference in ORAS (which I'm not even the slightest bit bitter over, I never understood the nostalgia related to the damn thing, just using as an example).

2. Samson Oak: dude is a useless character. I appreciate the throwback nostalgia to Kanto, but why not just have Professor Oak himself come annoy me as always.

3. The major lack of Barry running out of a Pokemon center while being "on vacation" and driving me up a tree.

4. Maybe I got spoiled by Gen 6, but the I kind of miss the the enormous amounts of gift Pokemon that the players receive. Which totally contradicts the fact that I end up boxing them anyway.

I find the Pokedex a little lacking of Pokemon. :) I think it should have been a little larger. :)

Here's my gripes with this game:

1. The Dex has too many Kanto mons. There's more Kanto mons than new Pokemon. And Alola forms count.
2. Customization is lacking, again. All the guys have now for tops are tank tops and T-shirts. Girls can't even wear dresses. Colors are version exclusive.
3. I hate SOS battles. Pokemon just call for help way too much, even without an Adrenaline Orb. And, the only way to prevent Pokemon from calling for help is to inflict them with status problems. And, there's some Pokemon that can only be found through this, including Marenie.
4. New Pokemon have so low encounter rates. This includes Jangmo-o, Mimikyu, Dhelmise, Bruxish, and Passimian/Oranguru. Just, why?
5. Too many graphics problems. There's extreme lag (especially in Battle Royals), framerate drops, blurred text, and slowdowns. I hope that, if there is a Switch port, that this stuff gets fixed.

Out of all the things I could mention, there is but one thing that has been a glaring annoyance to me.
KANTO GLORIFICATION!!!

While SM isn't as bad of an offender as XY, the Kanto Mons take up most of the dex... AGAIN! I get that this is the 20th anniversary and I get that Kanto started it all, but seriously, I've had enough! I'm to the point where I can't even LOOK at a Kanto Pokemon and not feel the need to hate it. This goes toward Alolan forms as well. They could've spent more time making new Pokemon vs. making Alolan forms, or at least make the Alolan forms not be Kanto Mons only. To put the cherry on top, the native Alola Pokemon (new Mons) are grossly outnumbered again nearly 2:1 (I don't truly count UBs as Pokemon, so that cuts the number of new Mons down even further). But I've had enough of Kanto. We've gotten 6 games as of late that already started the Kanto glorification (XY, GO, Virtual Console RBY), and once again Kanto overtakes another region. It's gone on long enough, and I'm outright sick of it. What's worse is that not only do the Kanto Mons outnumber the new ones, but the new ones are rarer compared to the either old or rehashed Kanto Mons. I'm almost willing to forgive GF for any other gripes I have because they're minor compared to this. But the fact that Kanto once again overpowers and outnumbers the newer Pokemon and takes over the region again is the main thing I hate about SM.

Don't get me wrong, I love the games. They're the best games since BW, but the fact that Kanto and its Pokemon are STILL the focus, even in a totally different and exotic region, it drags down the level of potential the games can offer. Everything else I can pretty much forgive, as those gripes are minor in comparison, but the fact that we still can't get away from Kanto to this day is what jerks my chain. Enough is enough, GF. Stop shoving the Kanto Mons in our face and give the new guys a bit more love and attention, as they're supposed to be the focus of a new gen, not the really old ones. Honestly, that's one of the reasons I love BW: you were forced to start from scratch and work with ONLY the new Pokemon. You had no older Pokemon to fall back on, so you had to work your way up with the beautiful abundance that Unova provided. But that's what gets me the most: Kanto glorification all over again, shafting the new guys once again in favor of the not-so-golden-oldies. Everything else is minor compared to that. That's my 2 cents.

Out of all the things I could mention, there is but one thing that has been a glaring annoyance to me.
KANTO GLORIFICATION!!!

While SM isn't as bad of an offender as XY, the Kanto Mons take up most of the dex... AGAIN! I get that this is the 20th anniversary and I get that Kanto started it all, but seriously, I've had enough! I'm to the point where I can't even LOOK at a Kanto Pokemon and not feel the need to hate it. This goes toward Alolan forms as well. They could've spent more time making new Pokemon vs. making Alolan forms, or at least make the Alolan forms not be Kanto Mons only. To put the cherry on top, the native Alola Pokemon (new Mons) are grossly outnumbered again nearly 2:1 (I don't truly count UBs as Pokemon, so that cuts the number of new Mons down even further). But I've had enough of Kanto. We've gotten 6 games as of late that already started the Kanto glorification (XY, GO, Virtual Console RBY), and once again Kanto overtakes another region. It's gone on long enough, and I'm outright sick of it. What's worse is that not only do the Kanto Mons outnumber the new ones, but the new ones are rarer compared to the either old or rehashed Kanto Mons. I'm almost willing to forgive GF for any other gripes I have because they're minor compared to this. But the fact that Kanto once again overpowers and outnumbers the newer Pokemon and takes over the region again is the main thing I hate about SM.

Don't get me wrong, I love the games. They're the best games since BW, but the fact that Kanto and its Pokemon are STILL the focus, even in a totally different and exotic region, it drags down the level of potential the games can offer. Everything else I can pretty much forgive, as those gripes are minor in comparison, but the fact that we still can't get away from Kanto to this day is what jerks my chain. Enough is enough, GF. Stop shoving the Kanto Mons in our face and give the new guys a bit more love and attention, as they're supposed to be the focus of a new gen, not the really old ones. Honestly, that's one of the reasons I love BW: you were forced to start from scratch and work with ONLY the new Pokemon. You had no older Pokemon to fall back on, so you had to work your way up with the beautiful abundance that Unova provided. But that's what gets me the most: Kanto glorification all over again, shafting the new guys once again in favor of the not-so-golden-oldies. Everything else is minor compared to that. That's my 2 cents.

I believe that you're absolutely right. This is really starting to sour my opinion on Gen I and the original 151. There's been too much Kanto nostalgia lately.

Battle Tree
The Battle Maison in Gen6 is better in comparison. I get to team up with Steven Stone and my NPC friends and Archie/Maxie and stuff right off the bat so it was enjoyable. Plus, with the help of NPCs with good AI, BP grinding wasn't terrible. But at Battle Tree, you only have one breeder to team up with (who has bad AI), and you have to scout other players if you want them as your partners by playing through the Tree. Seriously?? So if you're bad at battling, you can't even enjoy teaming up with your favorite NPCs?
This is another thing I don't like. The Battle Tree has a pretty high difficulty spike and the only partner you have starting out has pretty weak AI, plus grinding for BP takes ages. The Battle Tree was clearly designed for more competitive players who wanted a challenge, which is frustrating because I just want to battle against trainers like Champion Cynthia and Wally.

I find the Pokedex a little lacking of Pokemon. :) I think it should have been a little larger. :)
For sure 800 pokemon and the alola Dex is only 300, coulda has tropius for sure being in a tropical climate

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

The SOS mechanic...please, Game Freak, if you have any sense of decency, you will NOT include it in the next game (of which I'm betting is the Diamond/Pearl remakes).

KANTO GLORIFICATION!!!

Agreed. And I dislike how in the games themselves, several NPCs imply that Alola wouldn't even exist if it were not for Kanto and Johto settlers. It's ridiculous. I want to appreciate Alola and its culture, not shoehorned references from arguably the most boring region in the Pokemon franchise.

Agreed. And I dislike how in the games themselves, several NPCs imply that Alola wouldn't even exist if it were not for Kanto and Johto settlers. It's ridiculous. I want to appreciate Alola and its culture, not shoehorned references from arguably the most boring region in the Pokemon franchise.

That's only implied to be the case for two towns - Heahea and Malie (and to say that they "wouldn't even exist" is a bit much - surely they would, just not in the way that they currently do). Though the statement that Alola was formed by people from other lands is technically true, just without specification as to where the founders of Alola came from. Various other bits of text tell us how Alola formed: Underwater volcanoes erupted, creating the islands, and Pokémon were carried there by the elements. Settlers rode to the islands on the backs of their Pokémon.

That's only implied to be the case for two towns - Heahea and Malie (and to say that they "wouldn't even exist" is a bit much - surely they would, just not in the way that they currently do). Though the statement that Alola was formed by people from other lands is technically true, just without specification as to where the founders of Alola came from. Various other bits of text tell us how Alola formed: Underwater volcanoes erupted, creating the islands, and Pokémon were carried there by the elements. Settlers rode to the islands on the backs of their Pokémon.
Those two towns are actually full-scale cities, with HeaHea City claimed to be one of Alola's largest while Malie city is the only bout of civilization found on Ula'Ula Island (I'm not counting the former Po Town). Together, that makes up 1/4 of Alola's total cities/towns/village. Thus, that's a pretty large influence due to Kanto/Johto, and that is what disappoints me.

My original post regarded the settling of people, rather than how Alola was naturally formed. In hindsight, I think it would have been better lore to say there were settlers from all over (Kanto, Johto, Unova, Sinnoh (especially Sinnoh, since it is right above Kanto), etc). I'm aware that does not reflect real life relations between Japanese (Kantonian) immigrants to Hawaii (Alola). But at least there would be less Kanto pandering and more in-game continuity.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom