• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What did you NOT like about Sun&Moon?

I think the thing I dislike most about Sun and Moon are the Pokemon designs. I find the majority of them to be absolutely atrocious, to be honest. Their colors have this unpleasant playdohesque vibe, not helped by their extreme cartooniness and excessively exaggerated shapes. They look more like toys than breathing creatures. And then there are the Alolan forms, which are just jokes. Alolan Persian, Exeggutor, and Dugtrio look like they're just supposed to be living punchlines and memes. I'm not really too fond of jokey designs, as I come into Pokemon for majestic and elegant creatures. With such a small number, it really was difficult for me to find six of them I actually liked for my team. (At least it kind of makes up for it with my new favorite Pokemon of all time, Primarina.)

Oh and I don't like the normal and trainer battle music. They just don't pump me up for battle and just sound too cheerful and calm.

One thing that I also found pretty painful was the inability for my character to really respond or have any sort of facial reaction to the events at all. It just ruined a lot of the immersion, particularly when I enjoyed the characterization and story so much in these games. There were too many times where I wanted to respond to Lillie, or at least have my character show SOME kind of emotion, and they just continue to have that creepy vacant smile like 90% of the time.

Lastly...

Mohn. Seriously, what the hell is up with this guy? He's just... on some random islands helping out my PC Pokemon, when he's the husband of Lusamine and Lillie/Gladion's father? I find this whole thing to be both ridiculous and irritating.

But that's it, really. I found these games to be fantastic otherwise.

I think the thing I dislike most about Sun and Moon are the Pokemon designs. I find the majority of them to be absolutely atrocious, to be honest. Their colors have this unpleasant playdohesque vibe, not helped by their extreme cartooniness and excessively exaggerated shapes. They look more like toys than breathing creatures. And then there are the Alolan forms, which are just jokes. Alolan Persian, Exeggutor, and Dugtrio look like they're just supposed to be living punchlines and memes. I'm not really too fond of jokey designs, as I come into Pokemon for majestic and elegant creatures. With such a small number, it really was difficult for me to find six of them I actually liked for my team. (At least it kind of makes up for it with my new favorite Pokemon of all time, Primarina.)

Oh and I don't like the normal and trainer battle music. They just don't pump me up for battle and just sound too cheerful and calm.

One thing that I also found pretty painful was the inability for my character to really respond or have any sort of facial reaction to the events at all. It just ruined a lot of the immersion, particularly when I enjoyed the characterization and story so much in these games. There were too many times where I wanted to respond to Lillie, or at least have my character show SOME kind of emotion, and they just continue to have that creepy vacant smile like 90% of the time.

Lastly...

Mohn. Seriously, what the hell is up with this guy? He's just... on some random islands helping out my PC Pokemon, when he's the husband of Lusamine and Lillie/Gladion's father? I find this whole thing to be both ridiculous and irritating.

But that's it, really. I found these games to be fantastic otherwise.
I'm not criticizing your taste in Pokemon but your post to me just shows to me the variance in opinion,most my friends who are male and long-time Pokemon fans loved all most all the new 80 and alola variants,but hated primirea,but most girls including my wife love primirea,but hate most the other new mons

Sent from my NX16A11264 using Tapatalk

Primarina, Ribombee, Oricorio, Lycanroc (Midday), Alolan Ninetales, Sandslash and Marowak are all fairly elegant. I had a harder time assembling a team I liked in the past four generations.

Apparently he fell into an Ultra Wormhole (or whatever you call those things), got amnesia, escaped, and made the Poké Pelago. His disappearance is what drove Lusamine into wanting to go to Ultra Space, hence her...unstable mentality and emotional abuse towards her children.

Apparently he fell into an Ultra Wormhole (or whatever you call those things), got amnesia, escaped, and made the Poké Pelago. His disappearance is what drove Lusamine into wanting to go to Ultra Space, hence her...unstable mentality and emotional abuse towards her children.

Yeah, I knew that already. Let me better explain what bugs me: it's just knowing that he's such an important character and has been relegated to being in a side feature that bothers me. He's just... there and I know it, but I can't tell Lillie or Gladion or anyone like that. Even though my character might not know about who he is, it's still something that I find to be bothersome and ridiculous. I hope that the series actually does something with him storywise later.

I don't like how there isn't a way to actually see your Hall of Fame records in the form of a image. I get that the Alola League was only just built as part of story purposes, so it makes sense that there isn't a record collection. But still, becoming the Champion is such a momentous part of the game (and even more so in this game since we're the FIRST Champion), it's just so wrong that we don't even get to see it physically shown somewhere. A random guy outside telling me the Pokemon I used isn't enough.

The only reason I still have the memory is because I actually decided to film it with my phone. But otherwise it would just be...words. I know it's not much, but I like the photographic style.

The postgame was a huge downer. While a slight step up from X and Y, it really wasn't anything spectacular. The Ultra Beasts, in terms of both the storyline and the creatures themselves, did not interest me. The storyline had the potential to be something special, but it wasn't. It felt rushed. For the UBs themselves, I don't mind fleshing out details in future Pokemon but these things are just grotesque and a massive eyesore.

Also, I mentioned I loved Ride Pokemon and I do, but there's one nitpick I have of it and that's it won't let you wear your normal clothes while riding the Pokemon. This is probably not even worth mentioning because it's nothing to make much about, but I will anyways because I love customization and this ruins it. The outfit you wear when riding a Pokemon looks awful! I hate it and I wish they didn't include that.

Also, I mentioned I loved Ride Pokemon and I do, but there's one nitpick I have of it and that's it won't let you wear your normal clothes while riding the Pokemon. This is probably not even worth mentioning because it's nothing to make much about, but I will anyways because I love customization and this ruins it. The outfit you wear when riding a Pokemon looks awful! I hate it and I wish they didn't include that.

This though. And next to that I'm quite annoyed the Pokémon are wearing riding gear too. Lapras already has a shield to sit on, why does there need to be a chair on top of it too? Just seems like extra weight for the poor thing.

That it doesn't hurt people when you throw the game at them and you can't ride a Beedrill or a Weezing.

Just finished the main story and I gotta say that I agree with those that dislike that Lillie gave away Nebby to you. It's the getting Korrina's Lucario all over again, I don't want Pokémon that someone else is attached to, that's just painful :/ Especially since I boxed it ^^;

And her excuse doesn't even make sense, since she says she wants to travel and stuff, and then says Nebby should go to you or else it won't get to see the world :/ You're the one going to Kanto, Lillie, while I'm not getting off these islands.

I would've liked it better if you just got the second Cosmog from someone and you had to evolve it all the way yourself. Would make me feel less guilty about not naming it Nebby too. I guess they want you to have the Legendary before taking on the League, but I really would've preferred it that way.

I do agree that the postgame is pretty lacking, hell I found myself playing XY longer since the online features are much better in XY and the Battle Maison is less unfair than the Battle Tree.

Also, why didn't Abomasnow get Aurora Veil? Hopefully this is fixed in a later game, since Abomasnow is the Pokémon that needs the move the most.

I normally wouldn't want to get violent, but I REALLY want to strangle whoever decided that most of what I want is only available post-game, like (spoiled due to caps)

THE LAST OF THE FREAKING ZYGARDE CELLS THAT WOULD HELP ME GET ZYGARDE'S 100% FORME, THUS HELPING ME BEAT THE ELITE FOUR AS APPARENTLY USING ONLY A TEAM OF NONLEGENDARY POKEMON IN PAST GENS DOESN'T WORK THIS TIME DUE TO THE INCREASED DIFFICULTY!!!

*pant pant pant*

I normally wouldn't want to get violent, but I REALLY want to strangle whoever decided that most of what I want is only available post-game, like (spoiled due to caps)

THE LAST OF THE FREAKING ZYGARDE CELLS THAT WOULD HELP ME GET ZYGARDE'S 100% FORME, THUS HELPING ME BEAT THE ELITE FOUR AS APPARENTLY USING ONLY A TEAM OF NONLEGENDARY POKEMON IN PAST GENS DOESN'T WORK THIS TIME DUE TO THE INCREASED DIFFICULTY!!!

*pant pant pant*

Gotta disagree. I quite liked the few legendaries that are available in-game in general, and the fact that the only legendaries available pre-elite 4 are the mascots and the incomplete Zygarde. In case for people like me, who don't like using legendaries, it was really great, and would make people look for other strong pokemon.
Though, yes, E4 is really difficult at times. However, it is more fun to have clutching moments, and having that "The Pokemon endured the hit to not make you feel sad" kick up on THAT PERFECT MOMENT.
Speaking of 100% Zygarde... It would be really great if the game remembered you that you can't separete a 100% again after assembling him. Cause, you know, Modest isn't quite the nature I wanted for him...

The Restaurants...

I mean thanks for the Heart Scales, but.

Back in Lumiose City you could net tons of Exp. and piles of cash for as long as you needed in the post-game. Le Wow was a gold mine. Would've been great to have some kind of equivalent considering the Lv.100 requirement for Hyper Training. Battle Buffet is cute, but less rewarding...

Last edited:
I am new to the real Pokémon games.

Stuff I didn't like or not much:

* I can't have Charmander.

* SOS battles can be annoying and can make you feel bad (imagine trying to catch a female and a male comes to the rescue, you feel like a monster).

* I dunno if new, but trying to get the Berries after you defeat the Pokémon that was eating them is thief.

* I know it's not new, but trying to catch a Pokémon while not knocking it can be very annoying.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

(imagine trying to catch a female and a male comes to the rescue, you feel like a monster).
Why does their gender affect it?
* I dunno if new, but trying to get the Berries after you defeat the Pokémon that was eating them is thief.
It is a new feature, but I don't think it's all that terrible-they're wild berries, essentially up for whoever can get them. (Ironically, the Battle Buffet kinda works the same way)

I don't like the fact we get only one of each apricorn ball. Even as someone who didn't play the Johto games, I like them a lot. I threw my Moon Ball at Lunala and it broke out, so I guess that's that. I'm also very sad about Pyukumuku and Oricorio. They have good stats (Pyukumuku) or good abilities (Dancer,Oricorio), but their movepools kind of make it hard to use them. Pyukumuku can learn bide and counter though, so they can use the fighting and normal z-moves, which are hilarious when they use them. I do love this game though, and definitely think it's one of the best.

But PLEASE, give Pyukumuku Hydro Pump or something.

Why does their gender affect it?

It is a new feature, but I don't think it's all that terrible-they're wild berries, essentially up for whoever can get them. (Ironically, the Battle Buffet kinda works the same way)
It's like in TV shows where the man is trying to save the woman from the monster.

I sometimes feel we (Trainers) are monsters.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom