• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What did you NOT like about Sun&Moon?

Too crowded unless you're right about 2018. Three HD regions require time.

And unfortunately, they could repeat 2016 by releasing a new generation instead, then following it by an unnecessary retread. I'd be less pissed off right about now had they chosen to release DP remakes instead of USUM, because at least that would have made a return to Kanto likely for the next generation.

Possible if Generation IX also ends up being a two-year generation. But that isn't how they handled Generation V, so...

We'll have a very good idea once USUM are released. Will the National Pokedex be completed without relying on previous generations (which they need to do at some point for VGC)? Will there be unobtainable legendary forms that could be used for a movie or two?

Of course, if we do get a new generation next year, an announcement should arrive by the end of February.

Last edited:
If, and this is a big if, SM were kind of rushed and the game devs didn’t have time to put everything they wanted to in, and USUM would have most of that leftover content, then we have a big reason to play it.

Pokémon XY was rushed and that hurt its sales. Maybe better to have this:
2018 - Kanto/Johto or Sinnoh (3DS and Switch)
2019 - break
2020 - Gen 8 on Switch

But GF would need to port Gen 7 to the Switch.
I don't want the initial Gen 8 games to be like XY.

• The cutscenes in the beginning, as many people have pointed out. I tried replaying this game and decided to soft reset for a shiny starter. Big mistake. After 36 soft resets I'm so thoroughly sick of the dialogue that I don't know if I'll ever decide to replay this game again.
  • Can't evolve Eevee into Glaceon until the post game... Something that dropped a deuce on my desire to tear up Alola with an all-Eeveelution team. I wanted - and easily obtained - all the other Eeveelutions (except for Espeon and Umbreon) but it really bothered me a lot that I couldn't have a Glaceon to accompany me throughout my journey.
  • Trying to get Pichu to evolve into Pikachu, so I could obtain an Alolan Raichu. I leveled up my Pichu to around level 19 or 20 while spoiling it rotten, and it still didn't evolve! (For comparison, by that time my Alolan Meowth - who also evolves through high friendship - had already evolved into Alolan Persian!)
  • Fanon taking a dump on Lusamine. When Sun & Moon first came out and I read TV Tropes to learn about the plot spoilers (because I'm too impatient to finish a video game), her entry said she was worse than Ghetsis and Ragyo Kiryuin combined. (it may or may not have been changed since then, but I distinctly remember TV Tropes saying that when the games first came out.) From what I know of those characters - and what I now know about Lusamine - it seems pretty unfair to compare a woman who was kind of a jerk & brainwashed by an alien to two characters who deliberately and severely abused their children.
  • Needs moar Guzma

No national dex, lillie, battle tree too hard, kanto getting a lot of attentiob such as alolan forms for gen one only and maybe one or two more i can't think about.

I don't think we be seeing kanto especially as G/S has it post game. Gen 8 would come first then maybe gen four remakes.

For me, the lack of a National Dex was more of a disappointment because it meant that, aside from Island Scans and the Ultra Beasts, there weren't any new 'Mons that appeared post-game. The best part of the National Dex for me was the appearance of 'Mons that were otherwise absent from the region before obtaining the National 'Dex.

As for completion, Pokebank tracks everything by National Dex number anyway, so I just assembled my Living Dex inside of the bank, until I got bored and sort of just stopped trying. I end up using the Pokebank to transfer 'Mons between my games anyway, so I don't lose anything.

Other than the lack of rebattling, I didn't like that we didn't get enough regular Pokemon. Sure I like the Ultra Beasts and the tapus, but we didn't get enough regular Pokemon. I also kinda didn't like that Alola Forms are only for Kanto Pokemon. I wish we got a Pokemon based on the nene, Hawaii's state bird.

I also didn't like that we didn't get any new fossil Pokemon. Hawaii has a lot of extinct animals, mainly birds, many of which were hunted to extinction after the Polynesians arrived. (I hope that if we ever get a region based on New Zealand, we could get fossil Pokemon based on moa and Haast's eagles)

Honestly, if we ever explore Kanto again, I'd love to see what Kanto is like around the time of Sun/Moon and how it's changed since HGSS. Maybe a game starring Lillie could show that.

I didn't like the fact that there wasn't any stereoscopic 3d anywhere except for the Pokefinder.

• Trying to get Pichu to evolve into Pikachu, so I could obtain an Alolan Raichu. I leveled up my Pichu to around level 19 or 20 while spoiling it rotten, and it still didn't evolve! (For comparison, by that time my Alolan Meowth - who also evolves through high friendship - had already evolved into Alolan Persian!)
THIS.
I also complained about my Pichu not evolving even though I was spoiling it. It was so weak in battles that I was mad by the time it evolved (which was over level 20) so I went and bought a Thunderstone to evolve it further just to get an Alolan Raichu. In my rage and frustration, I forgot to teach it Thunderbolt before evolving it. Later afterwards, I searched for the TM - which is available in the postgame. I searched for the Move Relearner - who stays in the last pokemon center of the main campaign, before the E4 challenge.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom