• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

POPULAR: What Did You Read Today?

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
The first five chapters of The Plantagenets, Dan Jones - from the White Ship disaster through to Henry FitzEmpress landing in England

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
More of The Plantagenets - from Henry, duke of Normandy's ascent to the throne as Henry II, to his increase in power as overlord of half of France, finishing with the murder of Thomas Becket in Canterbury Cathedral

shame personified
Reaction score
Concentration’s slowly returning. Finished my re-read of Flying in the Dark and got a fantastic twist for the next letter along the way. Or at least I think it is. Will sleep on it first. :p

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Yet more The Plantagenets - King Henry's sons repeatedly rebel against his rule, which crumbles to an ignominious end. Richard ascends to the throne, trying to keep his brother John out of the kingdom of England while he busies himself committing atrocities from Lisbon to Acre

ready as i'll ever be
Reaction score
I found a story that probably puts quest for the ultimate SRBS clone to an end (or at least makes me realize I’m not half as original as I hoped), and read a lil’ something about a furret with dementia...

shame personified
Reaction score
I found a story that probably puts quest for the ultimate SRBS clone to an end (or at least makes me realize I’m not half as original as I hoped), and read a lil’ something about a furret with dementia...
Sounds dubious.

Read Ghost Town's chapter 11 over on Serebii. Fic's almost to a close already, holy shit.

ERROR
Reaction score
Wait, it is?!

Actually, I shouldn't be surprised by that. I guess I'm just really bad at gauging how far along fics are unless I'm writing them. :V

shame personified
Reaction score
Wait, it is?!

Actually, I shouldn't be surprised by that. I guess I'm just really bad at gauging how far along fics are unless I'm writing them. :V
I could be wrong, but chapter 11 gave off a very "winding up to the climax" sort of feel, and I'm not sure how I can see the fic extending after that happens. xD

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
The Plantagenets: Richard the Lionheart dies after one siege too many, leaving the kingdom, eventually, to his brother John. Though perhaps villainised more than he should be in comparison with his brother, John has a knack for making enemies out of friends that leads to the writing of one of the most important documents in Western civilisation - Magna Carta

The Hidden Author
Reaction score
A few days ago I took a power read through Glitched and PMD: System Reboot over on Serebii. They're both good stories, but I should probably have paced myself better so I wouldn't feel dead tired in the morning.

whoa i finally changed my pfp again
Reaction score
Read the second chapter of System:Reboot on Serebii, and a oneshot uploaded there today for their Review Game. A massively prolific day for me, as I usually don't read more than a chapter of fiction per week.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Holloway, Robert Macfarlane, Stanley Donwood, and Dan Richards.

The Plantagenets - Henry III comes into his majority, squabbling with his barons and making a disastrous attempt at campaigning in France

ready as i'll ever be
Reaction score
Three Body Problem, by Liu Cixi. Does aliens and virtual reality and the future but deals with them in a much more philosophical way than I’ve ever really read before. Translation is lovely; it’s originally in Chinese so it’s a refreshing swap from what’s normally prevalent in Western sci-fi.

shame personified
Reaction score
Three Body Problem, by Liu Cixi. Does aliens and virtual reality and the future but deals with them in a much more philosophical way than I’ve ever really read before. Translation is lovely; it’s originally in Chinese so it’s a refreshing swap from what’s normally prevalent in Western sci-fi.
wtf I literally heard of this series for the first time today and thought about picking it up. y so psychic

About to read a chapter of Oathbringer to get in the mood for writing

ready as i'll ever be
Reaction score
wtf I literally heard of this series for the first time today and thought about picking it up. y so psychic

About to read a chapter of Oathbringer to get in the mood for writing
dude lmk when you finish it there are two sequels and I’d love a book club

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
The Plantagenets: Edward I completes his conquest of Wales with a massive programme of castle building and legal reform, at the same time capping off a rising tide of legal anti-semitism with the expulsion of England's Jewish community in 1290

whoa i finally changed my pfp again
Reaction score
betaread my friend's tpp oneshot for this one contest. lots of bugs and glitches and shipwreck ptsd