POPULAR: What Did You Read Today?

shame personified
Reaction score
Do share!
Doesn't look like there's any PDF versions... I read out of my physical textbook. Boo. Coping with chronic illness by Baldwin, Kellerman, and Christensen (2010) and Pain and painful syndromes (including rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia) by Williams (2010).

It's all more on the psychological side rather than on the neurological side you might be interested in. xD The former discusses various models evidence believes helps people cope with pain (ie., manageable goal setting, having a support system, finding meaning in the illness instead of solely ruminating, being educated about their illness and feeling competent, building a sense of autonomy, etc). Plus adherence interventions to help people through treatment methods if they feel it's not working or aren't complying for one reason or another. The latter focuses on damaging thought processes that maintain acute pain and risk it becoming chronic pain, how pain is assessed in clinical settings, psychological factors that can benefit or worsen someone's perception of pain, and psychosocial interventions to help with pain management...

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Well, yesterday now, but The Plantagenets - from the rest of Edward I's reign to Edward II, the repeated exiles of Piers Gaveston, earl of Cornwall, his execution at the hands of the king's cousin the earl of Lancaster, and the rise of the Despensers as replacements for the royal favourite

A cat who writes stories
Reaction score
17776, again. It's a story about space probes, immortality, and really, really weird football.

Lv1 Author (Writer Wannabe)
Reaction score
Hey now! Not my fault dp... except for TvTropes... and maybe Wikipedia too...
A-anyway! I didn't read anything besides Ch1 of my old fic that is in dire need of some editing before I can actually dare to send it for beta reading.

Reaction score
Diverting my reading time between my own crap, A storm of Swords and Wonderbook to figure out how to properly start a chapter and not fall for the cliché dream sequence.

Shitposter in Residence
Reaction score
I'm currently writing and re-reading a $1,000 scholarship application. Don't think I'll win, but hey, it's good to have this "ayyy lmao this is my dream" text on hand. It also makes me sound a hell of a lot smarter than I actually am.

Other than that, I'm trying to write Chapter VI of The Deprogramming. Writing comedy takes time, man.

shame personified
Reaction score
The Long Walk's revised prologue and read over the letters in Flying in the Dark I made heavier edits to just to make sure I didn't overlook anything

shame personified
Reaction score
I re-read a couple chapters from the very first manga series I got into: Tsubasa and xxxHOLiC. Thinking of buying the rest of the volumes I need for my collection and re-reading them from the start sometime because nostalgia. :p

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses and the Rise of the Tudors

A cat who writes stories
Reaction score
Chapter 2 of Seiren by Canisaries. Also been reading more SCP stuff, some webcomics, miscellaneous internet nonsense.

shame personified
Reaction score
Uhhh, haven't posted here in a while. Read Different Eyes, Ghost Town, and guidance since last time, I believe, and currently catching up on Guiding Light. Also reading articles on EEO for my human resources psychology class.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
So I FINALLY finished reading this book called The Good Earth by Pearl Buck, and...I admit, I didn't like it, so I donated it to my library (Sorry, Mom!). I did, however, start another book, The Girl Who Drank The Moon by Kelly Barnhill, supposedly about a witch who accidentally gives a baby the magic of moonlight and deciding to raise her. Then stuff happens when the girl turns 13. I only read the first couple chapters so far, but it's very interesting.

Man, it says a lot when I'm 25 years old and I find that some kids books are more interesting to me than adult books.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Still trying to slice though Awards reading, plus The Hollow Crown

whoa i finally changed my pfp again
Reaction score
read 1.5 chapters i'd read before and 1 chapter i hadn't for judging duty. hope to keep up a pace like this so i can fulfill my duties well~