POPULAR: What Did You Read Today?

shame personified
Reaction score
PMD: Guiding Light... on Bulbagarden. ;) Tempted to read ahead, especially after this latest chapter tbh. After I caught up on that yesterday, I read chapter 31 of Land of the Roses. Will read chapter 32 today, hopefully.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I just finished a book I rented from the library called The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly. It was cute, and I liked it well enough, though it did have a case of the author adding in too many modern phrases in a series that takes place in Texas in the year 1899. I'll probably buy it on Kindle.

ERROR
Reaction score
A bunch of stuff I can't talk about... for various reasons. On the non-fictional side of things, I looked at a piece focused on stat breakdowns of the different MLB teams and offering predictions as to how they'll finish the season.

shame personified
Reaction score
Two very, very long chapters of my textbook about human resources and job performance management. This certainly isn't the most interesting class I've had... which makes reading take forever...

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
The Making of the British Army: From the English Civil War to the War on Terror, Allan Mallinson. A biased, triumphalist paen written by an amateur, and proof that soldiers don't necessarily know what they're talking about when it comes to military history

A cat who writes stories
Reaction score
Recently finished The Subtle Knife and began The Amber Spyglass.

Gonna do a lot of fanfiction reading in the next two weeks! Got some judging responsibilities to be getting on with.

Oh, and I've been reading a fuckton of IT study material. Gotta get through way too much content in a very short space of time. One month, in fact. Yikes!

Reaction score
A mortgage deed, a concept of another one and other documents related to the house I bought yesterday.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
France: A History from Gaul to de Gaulle, John Julius Norwich

shame personified
Reaction score
Drowning and Ghost Town from Serebii, Guiding Light and Land of the Roses from Bulba.

I also picked up Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson again since I'm done reading for the awards.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
France: A History from Gaul to de Gaulle, John Julius Norwich, First Steps in Old English, and The York Mystery Plays

Lv1 Author (Writer Wannabe)
Reaction score
Futurama - that episode which manages to parody Alien and Relationship management for corporate employees at the same time... proving those are both dreadfully pointless pieces of experience, albeit amusing ones when watching from a safe distance... Oops sorry, that's what I watched.

What I read: survival project and Unequivocant.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
France: A History from Gaul to de Gaulle, John Julius Norwich, Words In Time and Place, David Crystal, Summer: An Anthology for the Changing Seasons, Melissa Harrison (ed.)