• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Read Today?

Do share!

Doesn't look like there's any PDF versions... I read out of my physical textbook. Boo. Coping with chronic illness by Baldwin, Kellerman, and Christensen (2010) and Pain and painful syndromes (including rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia) by Williams (2010).

It's all more on the psychological side rather than on the neurological side you might be interested in. xD The former discusses various models evidence believes helps people cope with pain (ie., manageable goal setting, having a support system, finding meaning in the illness instead of solely ruminating, being educated about their illness and feeling competent, building a sense of autonomy, etc). Plus adherence interventions to help people through treatment methods if they feel it's not working or aren't complying for one reason or another. The latter focuses on damaging thought processes that maintain acute pain and risk it becoming chronic pain, how pain is assessed in clinical settings, psychological factors that can benefit or worsen someone's perception of pain, and psychosocial interventions to help with pain management...

Well, yesterday now, but The Plantagenets - from the rest of Edward I's reign to Edward II, the repeated exiles of Piers Gaveston, earl of Cornwall, his execution at the hands of the king's cousin the earl of Lancaster, and the rise of the Despensers as replacements for the royal favourite

17776, again. It's a story about space probes, immortality, and really, really weird football.

Hey now! Not my fault dp... except for TvTropes... and maybe Wikipedia too...
A-anyway! I didn't read anything besides Ch1 of my old fic that is in dire need of some editing before I can actually dare to send it for beta reading.

Diverting my reading time between my own crap, A storm of Swords and Wonderbook to figure out how to properly start a chapter and not fall for the cliché dream sequence.

I'm currently writing and re-reading a $1,000 scholarship application. Don't think I'll win, but hey, it's good to have this "ayyy lmao this is my dream" text on hand. It also makes me sound a hell of a lot smarter than I actually am.

Other than that, I'm trying to write Chapter VI of The Deprogramming. Writing comedy takes time, man.

Chapter 2 of Seiren by Canisaries. Also been reading more SCP stuff, some webcomics, miscellaneous internet nonsense.

So I FINALLY finished reading this book called The Good Earth by Pearl Buck, and...I admit, I didn't like it, so I donated it to my library (Sorry, Mom!). I did, however, start another book, The Girl Who Drank The Moon by Kelly Barnhill, supposedly about a witch who accidentally gives a baby the magic of moonlight and deciding to raise her. Then stuff happens when the girl turns 13. I only read the first couple chapters so far, but it's very interesting.

Man, it says a lot when I'm 25 years old and I find that some kids books are more interesting to me than adult books.

read 1.5 chapters i'd read before and 1 chapter i hadn't for judging duty. hope to keep up a pace like this so i can fulfill my duties well~

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom