• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Read Today?

Books of blood (Clive Barker) and Writing deep scenes (Martha Alderson and Jordan Rosenfeld).

Last edited:
Rereading: One Piece: A smashing Adventure on FFN So far it's hilarious, especially cause I'm listening to it via their app. Seriously a voice going "HOOO OOO TT!!" is kinda making my days better.

Also will keep on Reading Legend of Drizzt loving the creative and amazing world of the Underdark, and the Drow but that's a long-term goal.

I just finished this old romance novel called Jean and Johnny by Beverly Cleary. I thought it was kind of boring at points, and I wish one character, Homer, got more development, but I LOVED the ending, and the novel was MUCH more mellow and subdued than most teen/YA novels I've seen so far, so it has that going for it.

Read two things today. Started a new sci fi book called Thunderbird, by Jack McDevitt, and finished up a great theology book called Everybody Always by Bob Goff.

Quite a few today: On the Map: Why the World Looks the Way it Does, Simon Garfield, Erebus: The Story of a Ship, Michael Palin, and Seapower States: Maritime Culture, Continental Empires, and the Conflict That Made the Modern World, Andrew Lambert

Strange one today, but I read some of both "On Society and Social Change" and "The Communist Manifesto". It was for a paper I'm writing on Marxism, but they were actually surprisingly interesting reads.

Started re-reading The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Extended Novelization. Man, this book's a lot better than it has any right to be, considering it's a tie-in to the upcoming Disney movie, which I actually do want to see.

Having finished His Dark Materials, we're now reading La Belle Sauvage, very gradually. A chapter most nights is pretty typical.

I'm supposed to be getting back into my truly fucking enormous reading list, but I'm so busy it seems impossible. When I can manage, I want to finish Blue Mars.

Seapower States: Maritime Culture, Continental Empires, and the Conflict That Made the Modern World, Andrew Lambert, Sir John Moore: The Making of a Controversial Hero, Janet MacDonald, and Istanbul: A Tale of Three Cities, Bettany Hughes

Finished Granted by John David Anderson (Loved it!) and am re-reading Bambi: A Life In The Woods by Felix Salten. Why doesn't this book get more love?! I consider this to be a great classic!

1) The Fifth Season by NK Jemison. Has a second person narrator and other rotating narrators in third person. Consider me intrigued.
2) Chapter 24 of PMD: Hands of Creation
3) Chapter in Abnormal Psychology by Hooley et al. about alcoholism, drug abuse, and gambling disorders

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom