• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV What Did You Watch On Television Last?

Technically not on TV, but I just finished binging fuller house. I wasn't around for the original run, but the nostalgia hit me so hard, I am so surprised on howany references, nods, and parallel expies for each character I have picked up. Then you have the faithful sets, and even with the modern paintjob for each respective kid, the originals are so ingrained into my brain apparently that I can layer over the old ones and its a pefect match.

To give some context, being born in 1993 I only have faint recollection of my TV watching days from like 1997 afterwards. However, if you are around the same age as me, you'd know that up till 2003-2004 tv had a major overlap with reruns of early 90s sitcoms, and even as a 7 year old in 2000, a lot of us grew up on reruns of full house, family matters, fresh prince, married with children and so on. It was before our time, but because of that it was more acceptable viewing then the sitcoms that kinda were our time/somewhere before and during, like Friends, Frasier, Will and Grace and so on, and it kinda became that generations first encounter with televison as well, and I am probably not the only one born in the early 90s who can say thst they were important to our formative years.

So yeah, don't listen to reviews, go and watch fuller house. Its not like Girl meets World who botched up the nostlagia ride, and is made for exactly the people it should be made for. The people who are gracious for the gift of Jodie Sweetin.

The Foxbusters
Very funny cartoon

Back
Top Bottom