• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Because I got up way too early again (damn strange dreams) I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Looking Back and Moving Ahead").

Anyway, the party has set up camp for the night. Kettu is rather somber, much to the concern of the party. He reveals the next village is his hometown and he's a bit unsure of returning to it for various reasons, mainly because he hasn't found Felix's soul yet. He's unsure if he can face his family just yet when he hasn't tracked down his younger brother's soul. The party reassures him that they'll at least take some solace knowing that he at least killed Felix's murderer: Bloodgore. They arrive at the Werefolk village where they meet Julia, Kettu's girlfriend and fellow Werefox, who is very happy to see him. The villagers all gather around to see Kettu and his usual assortment of party members/friends, happy to see he's okay. Kettu reveals that he killed Bloodgore, avenging both Felix and Carlos, along with helping save Carlos' soul, much to Carlos' family's relief. It also results in some bonding between Nova and Kettu, as both have a lot of good things to say about the other. The rest of the Softfoot family appear, eager to see their eldest son. His father sincerely thanks the party for their continued efforts and for accepting Kettu into the fold, which results in some banter between Kettu and Sir Reginald, to the amusement of everyone else. Kettu vows to return home one day once he's saved Felix's soul and destroyed Muu for good. The next chapter, "Volcanic Titan", features Zeeker's new titular Shaman form in action against Muu's forces.

Oof. Been binge-playing Pokémon Uranium the past few days, once the holidays hit and it set in that I finally have my own computer, so writing muse is probably taking her well-deserved break (if thinking up ideas for Pokémon Uranium fanfiction involving the protag and their untapped family drama potential counts as a break).

Wrote a 200-word drabble for school before that, though, so I guess that counts for something haha.

@Rockium Hey, that counts. Even just one word counts so you did good.

Anyway, I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Volcanic Titan").

The party have made their way to Captain Corpseporal's base. Kettu scopes it out again with his black fox form, confirming the information that the notes the party had received contained. They devise a plan and begin their attack, fighting not just Corpseporal and Undead Soldiers, but also Bomb Cacti, another breed of monster that Muu has seemingly "enlisted" in his army. Nina transforms into her Goddess of Phoenixes for and when Zeeker attempts to turn into the Burning Beast he's attacked, forcing him to dodge and ends up pressing the wrong Elemental Gem. However, like others before him he rolls with it and becomes the Volcanic Titan, a Fire and Earth combo form. He effective solos the battle, with Nina reluctantly attacking him with Phoenix Finish to further boost his power, ending the battle with a blast from Volcanic Panic. The party enters the base and finds more Magna Crystal cubes, taking them before Zeeker destroys the base with another Volcanic Panic attack. While the battleplan didn't quite go as they had original designed the end result was the same so the party is satisfied. The next chapter, "Mortal Enemies Collide", is an Elora-focused chapter.

Wrote down all the Pokémon Uranium plotbunnies I had in the plotbunny doc last night, and…oh boy. I want to think I’m normal about this game, but I have at least 6 fic ideas and have already sunk 30+ hours into this game (and will definitely sink quite a few more), so. So. Uh. nervous laughter

Finished up the third part of my fic this evening with 2410 words. I have now officially hit the point where I have nothing structured for this fic, as I got past all the plot points I wanted to do. I was originally going to hold off on the last one. I do have some other ideas, but nothing solid yet, so I'm not sure what I'll do with them. Ever since writing that short romance story the other night I've been itching to write more romance though, so maybe I'll try to come up with some ideas for that.

All these Pokémon Uranium plot bunnies, and the first one I write is…the bad ending exploration fic. Why am I not surprised.

Anyway, wrote about 7 pages of the aforementioned bad ending/death scene, and might write more of this.

Meant to post sooner but I had to take a short power nap after my terrible insomnia, which is when I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Mortal Enemies Collide").

Anyway, the party is taking a break by a river. They are soon attacked by Undead Soldiers but Elora takes them out with ease. The party wonders why a bunch of Undead Soldiers were roaming around without a Captain or General, thinking they might've been scouts looking to reclaim territory for Muu. Suddenly, Elora detects something and goes after it, even ignoring Nova's order, something she never does. Nina deduces what Elora's after and they soon find out: a Zombie Drake, her mortal enemy, is attacking a village but Elora forces it into a duel to the death with her. The party can't interfere lest they get attacked by both so they have no choice but to erect a barrier to protect the village from getting in the crossfire, much to Nova's concerns. After a bit Elora snaps the Zombie Drake's spine, gaining the upper hand, until a disembodied voice, suggested to be Muu, sends the Zombie Drake back to the Spirit Plane to avoid further damage, ending the fight. Nova approaches the now coy Elora, but instead of scolding her (though he does say he's a bit mad at her recklessness) he praises her for saving the village from Muu's Zombie Drake, and tells her to attack any Zombie Drakes she detects, since he knows he can't command her when her instincts are in full gear, even rewarding her with a chicken treat, much to her delight. However, the struggle destroyed the village's crops and farmland, so Nova has Nina become her Nymph Wing Shaman form to restore the damage, much to her reluctance and displeasure, but she does so. She and Nova get into an "argument" of sorts after she restores the fields and crops, asking him to not have her use Nymph Wing in front of others due to how skimpy the form's "outfit" is, not wanting to be eye candy for men, but he can't promise her that because, as much as she dislikes it, Nymph Wing possesses useful traits that can help them. Elora coils Nina up with Nova, as if playfully telling them to "kiss and make-up", which they do, and the village welcomes the party in. The next chapter, "Liberation", features the battle with Captain Goregon, the final hurdle in freeing up the current continent from Muu's influence.

EDIT: One slight update. I added a little extra to the end of the chapter, specifically Muu fuming about Nova's Gorgon Viper now being known to him and having taken damage because of his Zombie Drake's injuries, swearing vengeance.

Last edited:
Been continuing to go through Aerosteel since my last post (yesterday was an exception), and didn't want to continually post that I was doing so. Getting pretty close to finishing, so I should be writing again fairly soon.

Finished going through Aerosteel and all the respective tweaks, and wrote 54 words today. Other stuff was supposed to happen today, but was cancelled last minute, so that might've lent to the having troubles writing today (and possibly also the partial migraine).

Removed some of yesterday's words to make it easier to progress, and wrote 228 words. Didn't think I was goign to write at all (migraine kinda came back), but eventually felt normal enough to write.

About three pages of notes for the next 3 chapters of the bad ending exploration fic, and some considering of totally normal things like whether to kill off another character and how to place airports in a region that is 90% mountainous and 10% irradiated.

i finally got back to working on a thing i started in like december and haven't worked on for months and i am feeling like this (this is a good thing btw this is the exact vibe i aim for and as such is the exact vibe i need to get into to write. the downside to this is that i end up sitting there with a bunch of thoughts and writing none of them down)
girlhelp.png

the thing i wrote is also a scene i've been wanting to write for pretty much all of those months i haven't been writing so like. yippee on me actually doing it. wahoo even.

224 words for my Pokemon fic today that I finally started. I've been having trouble starting this one, but I think once I get into it I'll be okay. Honestly, it's a nice change of pace from most of my pieces, which I usually have no problem starting but face trouble continuing once I hit a certain point.

Last edited:
224 words for my Pokemon fic today that I finally started. I've been having trouble starting this one, but I think once I get into it I'll be okay. Honestly, it's a nice change of pace from most of my pies, which I usually have no problem starting but face trouble continuing once I hit a certain point.
I can agree that starting a Pokémon story can be challenging. I know, I have started and scrapped anime reimagining stories over the years during my time here. How many? No clue. I have lost track.

Back
Top Bottom