• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Rockium

And here we are!
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
About three pages of notes for the next 3 chapters of the bad ending exploration fic, and some considering of totally normal things like whether to kill off another character and how to place airports in a region that is 90% mountainous and 10% irradiated.

ripplefieldz

#1 faba hater
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
i finally got back to working on a thing i started in like december and haven't worked on for months and i am feeling like this (this is a good thing btw this is the exact vibe i aim for and as such is the exact vibe i need to get into to write. the downside to this is that i end up sitting there with a bunch of thoughts and writing none of them down)
girlhelp.png

the thing i wrote is also a scene i've been wanting to write for pretty much all of those months i haven't been writing so like. yippee on me actually doing it. wahoo even.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
224 words for my Pokemon fic today that I finally started. I've been having trouble starting this one, but I think once I get into it I'll be okay. Honestly, it's a nice change of pace from most of my pieces, which I usually have no problem starting but face trouble continuing once I hit a certain point.

Last edited:

Greninjaman

Ninja Assassin Frog
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him/He
224 words for my Pokemon fic today that I finally started. I've been having trouble starting this one, but I think once I get into it I'll be okay. Honestly, it's a nice change of pace from most of my pies, which I usually have no problem starting but face trouble continuing once I hit a certain point.
I can agree that starting a Pokémon story can be challenging. I know, I have started and scrapped anime reimagining stories over the years during my time here. How many? No clue. I have lost track.

Lone_Garurumon

What can I say? I Stand Out.
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
After an unplanned 3-week hiatus to focus on the writing game for a discord server, I'm back on First Steps, starting up on Part 7. Only written 81 words tonight. Feel like it'll probably be like that for a little while though as I get back into the swing of this story I haven't touched for 3 weeks.

Nori

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
268 words today, though starting was really slow. Might not be able to write tomorrow with stuff I have to take care of, guess I'll see what happens.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I wanted to write something this evening since tomorrow I'll be seeing a friend and likely won't have the energy to write anything after that. I ended up coming up with a new fic idea, so I wrote down the idea for that and a little background, and am now starting to develop the characters and plot.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
After taking a short break from writing due to RL (and migraines) I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done today ("Liberation").

The party are making their way to Captain Goregon's base. They know that defeating Goregon will rid the current continent of Muu's influence so this is a pretty important battle. Nina sends Phantom to scope out the base, revealing that it not only has the usual Undead Soldiers, but also evolved Wood Anacondas as its defense. They also noticed that Goregon is using special armor that's being powered by a Magna Crystal cube, which would enhance him to greater strength if fought directly. So they opt to use a more cunning strategy. The main party will deal with the Undead Soldiers and Wood Anacondas so that Nova can use stealth to snipe the Magna Crystal so it'll explode, taking Goregon out with it before he has a chance to fight. Nina and Zeeker use their Shaman forms Goddess of Phoenixes and Burning Beast, respectively, to create their powerful AOE combo attack, allowing the rest of the party easier time dealing with the rest of the Undead Soldiers. Nova then strikes the Magna Crystal cube with a Fire Shot, setting the stage for the crystal to explode. Goregon attempts to use it as a suicide bomb but Sir Reginald's Barrier snuffs that strategy out, resulting in Goregon taking out himself and the remaining Undead Soldiers instead. They enter the base and find a Comet Core, which they deduce was used to evolve the Wood Anacondas into stronger forms, taking it with them before destroying the base. Now they need to buy tickets for a ship ride to the next continent, as they've scored a major victory against Muu today. The next chapter, "Sailor Shenanigans", features the party trying to get a ride on a ship.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Forgive the double post (although it's been more than 12 hours since then) but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("Sailor Shenanigans").

The party have made their way to the nearest port town. They buy tickets for the ship to the next continent. However, they run into a snag: Zig and his crew are sexist pricks who refuse to let Nina on the ship despite the fact that the guild rules say otherwise. Nova has zero tolerance for sexism and is ready to start something with Zig. Zig tries to threaten him with his Bite Piranha familiar, only for Nova to summon Elora to effortlessly one-up the jerk sailor and his crew, sending them flying into the ocean. The Guild Master, Henri, and his wife, Coral, appear on the scene and quickly piece together the situation. Henri sends out his familiar, a Tsunami Seahorse, to fetch Zig and his crew before they get eaten by an aquatic monster, and explains everything about Zig's history with the guild, along with his relationship with Henri and Coral. He promises to end Zig's sexists issues once and for all. When Maelstrom the Tsunami Seahorse returns with Zig Henri fires the sailor and his crew, as this issue has come up too many times to allow Zig to go unpunished. Zig attempts to threaten Henri but Maelstrom stops him cold, forcing him and his crew to leave, but not before vowing to get back at Henri for everything. Kettu suggest that Henri has some guild workers guard the ship to ensure that Zig doesn't try anything. Henri and Coral agree and allow the party to stay at the inn for free until they get replacement sailors to run the ship. The next chapter, "Ship Wreckers", features the aftermath of this event.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Despite being rather tired due to the heat I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Ship Wrecker").

It's the following night after Zig and his crew were fired for their sexism causing trouble. As predicted Zig and his crew snuck onto the ship during the night and sabotaged the engine, tossing several parts and the Magna Crystal cube powering it overboard. However, they're caught in the act and Henri proves his salt by decking all three of them, much to Coral's joy. The following morning Henri informs the party of what happened and asked Nova to assist due to him carrying things like his Digi-Pack and Hoverboots. Nova takes over the engine repairs, as he can fix it within 24 hours, but asks to be left alone as he works, to Nina's reluctance. As he works Nina brings him some lunch, much to his gratitude. Before nightfall Nova completes the repairs, leaving the last bit, which is to install a Magna Crystal cube, to the guild. Henri also reveals that he's got Zig's replacement lined up so the party will soon be on their way over the ocean. The next chapter, "Nautical Nonsense" (no points for guessing where this title came from), features the party crossing the ocean.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Forgive the double post (again, although it's been a while since last time) but because I got up too early again I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Nautical Nonsense").

The party are finally on their way across the ocean. Henri's new crew consists of a human captain, a buffalo-type Beastman, a young Magic Clan warlock, and a female Wererabbit. Nina is enjoying the trip, getting a bit of romantic time with Nova in the process. A Nautilus attacks the ship but is easily dispatched due to Nova exploiting its extreme weakness to Lightning attacks because of its bubble barrier amplifying said weakness, allowing the party to collect the shell to sell. Nova and Alex the warlock then make lunch, as the former was requested by Bullwinkle the buffalo Beastman to lend a hand, before selling one of his custom magical accessories to Mary Ann the Wererabbit. However, they soon find another Nautilus which is trying to eat Dominic, showing that he survived their last encounter. Nova blasts the Nautilus and the party collects the shell but fully intends to abandon Dominic out at sea, only for him to latch onto the paddlewheel of the ship, forcing Alex to levitated him off of it and onto the deck. Captain Conner forces the party and Dominic into a truce, to the party's great reluctance, only complying since attacking Dominic could risk damaging the ship, but not before putting some conditions on the truce to keep Dominic in line. Dominic is then forced to work to earn his keep since he didn't pay for a ticket while Nina retreats the crow's nest to keep Dominic out of her hair. The next chapter, "Mermaid Melody", features the party meeting the Ningyo Clan.

Top Bottom