• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Forgive the double post but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("Arena of Lost Souls"). I was only planning on starting it but once I started I couldn't stop until it was done.

Anyway, the party makes landfall after their battle with Boneacuda and his zombie sharkmen. They soon learn the port town is being terrorized by another Undead Captain powered by a fallen soul. However, there's a twist this time: the Undead Captain as a defined element, in this case Lightning. This gives the party a chance to exploit the elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors on their foe for an easier battle, although Nina is reluctant, as it means she'll have to use her Nymph Wing form to exploit the Undead Captain's Wood weakness, though the party convinces her to go through with it for the good of Edyn. Later she and Nova are talking, wondering why Muu is using elements now when he deliberately avoided that prior. Nova theorized it might be his attempt to counter the party's Shaman forms, since the Shaman forms gain elemental strengths and weaknesses. The next day the Undead Captain: Captain Flashbone, and his Undead Army platoon attack. Nina and Van don their Nymph Wing and Guardian of Edyn forms, respectively, to fight Flashbone while the rest of the party deals with the Undead Soldiers. They ultimately prove victorious and free the trapped soul, only to learn it was actually two souls inside this new Undead Captain. The two souls, one being Zeeker's old friend Lenny and the other being a human woman, reveal that Muu is very desperate to regain lost ground that the party has won back from him, and plans to use Undead Captains with elements to counter the party's Shaman forms, confirming Nova's theory. They also reveal that the destruction of Juggerrot has had a larger impact than expected, as even Muu is unnerved by Juggerrot's defeat. The two souls ascend to the heavens and the party returns to the grateful port town to rest. The next chapter, "Mystical Touch of the Amorous Warrior", will feature a new "challenger" wanting to win Nina's heart.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Mystical Touch of the Amorous Warrior"). This one took a bit, as I had a hard time trying to map out the general idea but I eventually got it down.

Anyway, the party makes it to the next village. After picking up some supplies and discussing what they learned about the next Undead Base they are soon confronted by a handsome warrior who tries to sweep Nina off her feet, much to Nova's fury. A brief confrontation follows before the party merely walks away, as the man, later revealed to be known as Cain Champ, decides to try to trap Nina at the inn. However, his plan fails because he didn't know that Nova and Nina bunk together, as they catch him naked in an attempt to turn the inn room into his "love nest" with Nina. This results in Cain getting thrown out and Nova and Nina getting a different room. Cain vows to prove his superiority over Nova, as he still doesn't believe that he's the Demon King's champion, even if it means fighting Muu to do it. The next chapter, "Riveting Rivalry", features Cain's attempt to one-up Nova in the battle against the next Undead Captain.

Despite having a migraine (because my pet cockatiel refused to be quiet so I couldn't sleep it off) I managed to write the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Riveting Rivalry").

Anyway, the party is on their way to the next Undead Base in Shadowood Forest. They're being followed by Cain, who intends to use this opportunity to impress Nina in his doomed mission to one-up Nova. Nina's Stealth Falcon, Phantom scopes things out, revealing that they not only have an Undead Captain and an average amount of Undead Soldiers, but also Iron Gaias acting as sentries. They start mapping out their plan while Cain decides to make his move. When the party completed their plan Cain attacks the base, forcing the party to quickly intervene before he gets killed. Nina, Zeeker, Van, and Kettu don their respective Shaman forms and the battle against Captain Bloodmore begins. Nova tanks a hit from a Death spell that was targeting Sir Reginald but, fortunately, is unharmed due to the Demon King Ring protecting him. Cain tries in vain to prove his worth only to fall flat each time. The party defeats Captain Bloodmore before Nina chews out Cain with a "Reason You Suck" speech. Cain swears he'll get stronger and prove his superiority over Nova, indicating that the party isn't done with him yet, before storming off. The party raids the base, collecting various materials, before Van destroys the base with Asteroid Annihilation. The party moves on, heading to the next magical campsite, their mission complete. The next chapter, "Boxed In", features the return of an unwanted wild card character.

Because a weird dream woke me up way too early (going to bed on a migraine, even just the leftover dregs of one tends to do that) I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Boxed In"). It's short and somewhat filler-ish, but what is introduced in this chapter does come into play at least a handful of times later on.

Anyway, the party are on their way to the next village, discussing possible strategies if they have to face General Vertebreak again, as he's still their biggest roadblock. Soon, however, they detect Eoleo and his lackies, who somehow crossed the entire ocean to get to them, much to Nina's dismay. Nova pulls out a new trick he learned to humiliate the Werecat: his newly created mime magic a la Mr. Mime and Le Mime (both of whom he mentions). He reveals that he accidentally created it when messing with the Demon King Ring in an attempt to learn more about it and can now create invisible objects out of thin air. He uses it to make a monkey out of Eoleo, much to the Werecat's fury and Nina's glee, before ultimately trapping Eoleo in an invisible box. He tells Eoleo he needs to think his way out of the box, cracking a pun in the process, before the party leave the three Werecats to try to figure out how to get Eoleo out. Eoleo swears vengeance for this humiliation. The next chapter, "Tears of a Phoenix", features the party dealing with an unusual situation.

Forgive the double post (though it's been a while since last time) but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("Tears of a Phoenix"). It's short and slightly less filler-ish than the previous one but it does setup some foreshadowing for later in the series.

Anyway, the party are at the next village and having lunch. Van is upset that he's been unable to get certain items for quite some time, most notably: Nuts Oil and Glacier Mana Water, both being useful healing items. Nuts Oil relieves stress/fatigue while Glacier Mana Water restores mana energy and cures various stomach-related issues, along with both giving general health benefits. Every shop has been sold out and doesn't know when they'll restock, indicating that shipments are having trouble getting around due to Muu's army. After lunch they are asked by a nun at the local church to deal with a lich that broke in and chased everyone out, even erecting a barrier to prevent anyone from getting in. Nova removes the barrier with the Demon King Ring, noting that the barrier has the Holy element. They confront the lich which is actually a traveling monk named Luke who got into a fight with Flashbone a while back and got hit with a curse that would've normally killed him but instead clashed violently with his Holy powers and turned him into a half-Undead. He wants Holy Water to either purify him or destroy him, not caring about which outcome as being a half-Undead is a very tortured existence, but he couldn't just ask due to his appearance so he had to force his way in. Nina offers an alternative: she can become a phoenix and cry tears, which possess strong purification properties without the risk of condemning an innocent man, which Luke graciously accepts. They go outside, explain the situation to the priest/village, and Nina transforms into her phoenix form and, after a few minutes of thinking of things that would make her cry, purifies Luke with her tears, restoring him to normal. After both are transformed back to normal Luke drops a classic Miroku line from Inuyasha (asking her to bear his children, something that Nova lampshades), before backing off when Nova attacks him and is told that he and Nina are already dating. The rest of the party notices that Nova is unusually aggressive/agitated, especially since he rarely resorts to violence immediately for any reason. Angelo (correctly) deduces that Nova's stress levels are getting too high and need to be lowered soon, motivating Van to find Nuts Oil as soon as possible before Nova crosses his threshold. The next chapter, "Knight and Day", is a Sir Reginald-focused chapter.

Finished off the 6th notebook about a day ago with some notes on another fanfic idea, and started number 7 with about 6 pages of that fic idea.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Knight and Day"). Would've started it yesterday but it was clean the apartment day so I put writing on the backburners until today.

Anyway, the party are still making their way to the next village, which will lead them to the next Undead Base. Sir Reginald thoroughly humiliates a punk warrior who was forcing an expensive toll on a bridge that prevented merchants and travelers from crossing, earning the party some free items. They make it to the village and after taking care of errands are tasked to deal with some Bolt Ogres that have been attacking the village's food supply. The resulting battle causes the surviving Bolt Ogres to flee, but not before Nova pierces one with an arrow to create a trail of blood for the party to follow. They find the Bolt Ogres are being commanded by a Storm Anaconda that came into contact with a Starfire Ruby (which Nova lampshades). Sir Reginald becomes his Gaia Knight form to confront the evolved monster while the rest of the party deals with the remaining Bolt Ogres. Sir Reginald is ultimately victorious, allowing the party to collect the valuable parts of the monsters, along with the Storm Anaconda's eggs, and the Starfire Ruby, before returning to the grateful village. They promise that they'll also deal with the Undead Base to the north of the village, since that's their primary job, much to the joy and relief of the villagers. The next chapter, "Werecat-astrophe", features everyone's least favorite Werecat "helping" in the fight against Muu's army.

Forgive the double post but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("Werecat-astrophe"). I was going to do it tomorrow but my parents invited me to a barbeque tomorrow so I did it today.

Anyway, the party are on their way to deal with the Undead Base. Phantom scopes things out as usual so to give the party a chance to plan. However, their plans get turned on their heads when Eoleo shows up in an attempt to both get back at Nova for the invisible box incident and to prove his "superiority" over Nova to Nina. Ian reveals that Eoleo stole some King Cobra Claws from a merchant, which are now his weapon-of-choice. Eoleo then charges into battle to beat the newest Undead Captain: Captain Goremand, in hopes of impressing Nina, forcing the party to save him while still trying to make use of what planning they got done. Eoleo, as usual, proves ineffective against Muu's forces, requiring Nova to save him by petrifying Goremand. The party wins the day and uncovers stolen goods that Muu's army had taken from merchants, possibly suggesting that this is the reason why many shops are low on supplies. They take the crates of goods with them so they can return them to their rightful owners while helping themselves to the crates of items that Muu sent his army. Nina then gives Eoleo another "Reason You Suck" speech, forcing Ian and Hunter to drag the thoroughly beaten Werecat leader away. The party destroys the base and uses Warp to return to the village to report their success. The next chapter, "Assembling Amazing Accessories", will feature Nova trying to make new magical accessories from the items the party's recently collected.

30 words yesterday (was not at home, but was actually able to write), and 76 words today, along with a lot of research that really helped getting a much better approximation for the amount of time some events take up.

Back
Top Bottom