• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Nori

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Nothing Friday as I was about as tired as I had expected to be (or possibly a little more tired than that), nothing Saturday as I was working on a project while waiting for a package, and 203 words today and some research.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I came up with a one-shot idea for one of my fics the other night, but I was too tired to work on it. So, I started it tonight and wrote 619 words for it.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Mermaid Melody"). A bit stop-and-go but I got it done.

It starts off a little while after Dominic was "rescued" from the sea. Nina is sulking in the crow's nest, as she doesn't trust Dominic. Kettu calls her down, saying that Nova requests her presence, which she complies. Nova and Nina have a private discussion about what she may face if she follows Nova back to Earth to become his bride. However, despite any possible problems that could arise she's adamant about staying with Nova for the rest of her life, not caring what anyone would say or think. Their conversation is soon interrupted by singing. They join the rest of the people on the ship to see a trio of naked sunbathing mermaids from the Ningyo Clan. Nova and Van avert their eyes to prove their loyalty to their respective lovers while Dominic proves what lustful slimeball he is by practically drooling over them. The party asks the mermaids about the attacks out at sea, with them revealing it was, in fact, Captain Boneacuda and his zombie sharkmen. The mermaids request the party deal with Boneacuda and his platoon, as they've not only been terrorizing ships but also the Ningyo Clan, to which the party agrees. Dominic ends up falling overboard and disgustingly starts molesting the mermaids, which they respond by beating him up, throwing him back on the ship, and spouting words of contempt at him. The ship moves on, as the party now knows who the enemy is. Nova and Nina have a romantic moment, to Dominic's fury, before Nova leaves to help Alex with dinner. Nina gives Dominic a "Reason You Suck" speech before following Nova, the rest of the party following suit, with Mary Ann throwing in one last insult at Dominic, who vows to prove otherwise. The next chapter, "That Sinking Feeling", features the battle with Captain Boneacuda and his zombie sharkmen.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
217 words for my one-shot today. I think this one-shot is going to end up being a shorter one, probably no more than 3 pages, but that's totally fine with me. Just a cute introduction for these two characters.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("That Sinking Feeling"). A bit stop-and-go but I got it done in the end.

Anyway, the ship's passengers are heading for bed after dinner. Bullwinkle tries to throw Dominic outside but he retaliates by trying to steal Nova's cabin, only for Bullwinkle to hogtie him and leave him out on the deck. The next day the ship soon spots Captain Boneacuda's ship and prepares for battle. Sir Reginald and Angelo take on their Terra Dark Knight and Tsunami Knight forms, respectively, while Nina transforms into her newest Shaman form: Sea Witch Siren, a Water/Light combo form. Dominic attempts to make himself look like a big-shot only to predictably screw up and nearly get mauled by the zombie sharkmen. Nina uses Siren's Song to put her enemies (and Dominic) asleep and restore her allies to fully strength, allowing Sir Reginald, Nova, Angelo, and Alex to launch preemptive attacks, destroying the zombie sharkmen and ultimately Boneacuda himself, ending the fight. The party raids the Undead Army ship for valuables before Angelo destroys it with Maelstrom. They are praised by the Ningyo Clan and their leader, King Shax, who rewards Nova with an Ocean Stone that Dominic tries to steal, only to get a horseshoe to the crotch. After the merfolk leave Nova and Dominic get into an argument that results in the latter slashing the former with his broken sword, but that means he violated the truce, allowing the party to literally eject Dominic from the ship via Nina's Aqua Cannon attack and out to sea. They move on, as the seas are now safe from Muu's forces, while Dominic is dragged underwater and presumably eaten by a jellyfish monster. The next chapter, "Arena of Lost Souls", features the party dealing with another soul-powered Undead Captain.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Forgive the double post but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("Arena of Lost Souls"). I was only planning on starting it but once I started I couldn't stop until it was done.

Anyway, the party makes landfall after their battle with Boneacuda and his zombie sharkmen. They soon learn the port town is being terrorized by another Undead Captain powered by a fallen soul. However, there's a twist this time: the Undead Captain as a defined element, in this case Lightning. This gives the party a chance to exploit the elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors on their foe for an easier battle, although Nina is reluctant, as it means she'll have to use her Nymph Wing form to exploit the Undead Captain's Wood weakness, though the party convinces her to go through with it for the good of Edyn. Later she and Nova are talking, wondering why Muu is using elements now when he deliberately avoided that prior. Nova theorized it might be his attempt to counter the party's Shaman forms, since the Shaman forms gain elemental strengths and weaknesses. The next day the Undead Captain: Captain Flashbone, and his Undead Army platoon attack. Nina and Van don their Nymph Wing and Guardian of Edyn forms, respectively, to fight Flashbone while the rest of the party deals with the Undead Soldiers. They ultimately prove victorious and free the trapped soul, only to learn it was actually two souls inside this new Undead Captain. The two souls, one being Zeeker's old friend Lenny and the other being a human woman, reveal that Muu is very desperate to regain lost ground that the party has won back from him, and plans to use Undead Captains with elements to counter the party's Shaman forms, confirming Nova's theory. They also reveal that the destruction of Juggerrot has had a larger impact than expected, as even Muu is unnerved by Juggerrot's defeat. The two souls ascend to the heavens and the party returns to the grateful port town to rest. The next chapter, "Mystical Touch of the Amorous Warrior", will feature a new "challenger" wanting to win Nina's heart.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Mystical Touch of the Amorous Warrior"). This one took a bit, as I had a hard time trying to map out the general idea but I eventually got it down.

Anyway, the party makes it to the next village. After picking up some supplies and discussing what they learned about the next Undead Base they are soon confronted by a handsome warrior who tries to sweep Nina off her feet, much to Nova's fury. A brief confrontation follows before the party merely walks away, as the man, later revealed to be known as Cain Champ, decides to try to trap Nina at the inn. However, his plan fails because he didn't know that Nova and Nina bunk together, as they catch him naked in an attempt to turn the inn room into his "love nest" with Nina. This results in Cain getting thrown out and Nova and Nina getting a different room. Cain vows to prove his superiority over Nova, as he still doesn't believe that he's the Demon King's champion, even if it means fighting Muu to do it. The next chapter, "Riveting Rivalry", features Cain's attempt to one-up Nova in the battle against the next Undead Captain.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Despite having a migraine (because my pet cockatiel refused to be quiet so I couldn't sleep it off) I managed to write the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Riveting Rivalry").

Anyway, the party is on their way to the next Undead Base in Shadowood Forest. They're being followed by Cain, who intends to use this opportunity to impress Nina in his doomed mission to one-up Nova. Nina's Stealth Falcon, Phantom scopes things out, revealing that they not only have an Undead Captain and an average amount of Undead Soldiers, but also Iron Gaias acting as sentries. They start mapping out their plan while Cain decides to make his move. When the party completed their plan Cain attacks the base, forcing the party to quickly intervene before he gets killed. Nina, Zeeker, Van, and Kettu don their respective Shaman forms and the battle against Captain Bloodmore begins. Nova tanks a hit from a Death spell that was targeting Sir Reginald but, fortunately, is unharmed due to the Demon King Ring protecting him. Cain tries in vain to prove his worth only to fall flat each time. The party defeats Captain Bloodmore before Nina chews out Cain with a "Reason You Suck" speech. Cain swears he'll get stronger and prove his superiority over Nova, indicating that the party isn't done with him yet, before storming off. The party raids the base, collecting various materials, before Van destroys the base with Asteroid Annihilation. The party moves on, heading to the next magical campsite, their mission complete. The next chapter, "Boxed In", features the return of an unwanted wild card character.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I was briefly inspired early this morning and came up with a fic idea, but I didn't go far with it. It's only a rough idea.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Because a weird dream woke me up way too early (going to bed on a migraine, even just the leftover dregs of one tends to do that) I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Boxed In"). It's short and somewhat filler-ish, but what is introduced in this chapter does come into play at least a handful of times later on.

Anyway, the party are on their way to the next village, discussing possible strategies if they have to face General Vertebreak again, as he's still their biggest roadblock. Soon, however, they detect Eoleo and his lackies, who somehow crossed the entire ocean to get to them, much to Nina's dismay. Nova pulls out a new trick he learned to humiliate the Werecat: his newly created mime magic a la Mr. Mime and Le Mime (both of whom he mentions). He reveals that he accidentally created it when messing with the Demon King Ring in an attempt to learn more about it and can now create invisible objects out of thin air. He uses it to make a monkey out of Eoleo, much to the Werecat's fury and Nina's glee, before ultimately trapping Eoleo in an invisible box. He tells Eoleo he needs to think his way out of the box, cracking a pun in the process, before the party leave the three Werecats to try to figure out how to get Eoleo out. Eoleo swears vengeance for this humiliation. The next chapter, "Tears of a Phoenix", features the party dealing with an unusual situation.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Forgive the double post (though it's been a while since last time) but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("Tears of a Phoenix"). It's short and slightly less filler-ish than the previous one but it does setup some foreshadowing for later in the series.

Anyway, the party are at the next village and having lunch. Van is upset that he's been unable to get certain items for quite some time, most notably: Nuts Oil and Glacier Mana Water, both being useful healing items. Nuts Oil relieves stress/fatigue while Glacier Mana Water restores mana energy and cures various stomach-related issues, along with both giving general health benefits. Every shop has been sold out and doesn't know when they'll restock, indicating that shipments are having trouble getting around due to Muu's army. After lunch they are asked by a nun at the local church to deal with a lich that broke in and chased everyone out, even erecting a barrier to prevent anyone from getting in. Nova removes the barrier with the Demon King Ring, noting that the barrier has the Holy element. They confront the lich which is actually a traveling monk named Luke who got into a fight with Flashbone a while back and got hit with a curse that would've normally killed him but instead clashed violently with his Holy powers and turned him into a half-Undead. He wants Holy Water to either purify him or destroy him, not caring about which outcome as being a half-Undead is a very tortured existence, but he couldn't just ask due to his appearance so he had to force his way in. Nina offers an alternative: she can become a phoenix and cry tears, which possess strong purification properties without the risk of condemning an innocent man, which Luke graciously accepts. They go outside, explain the situation to the priest/village, and Nina transforms into her phoenix form and, after a few minutes of thinking of things that would make her cry, purifies Luke with her tears, restoring him to normal. After both are transformed back to normal Luke drops a classic Miroku line from Inuyasha (asking her to bear his children, something that Nova lampshades), before backing off when Nova attacks him and is told that he and Nina are already dating. The rest of the party notices that Nova is unusually aggressive/agitated, especially since he rarely resorts to violence immediately for any reason. Angelo (correctly) deduces that Nova's stress levels are getting too high and need to be lowered soon, motivating Van to find Nuts Oil as soon as possible before Nova crosses his threshold. The next chapter, "Knight and Day", is a Sir Reginald-focused chapter.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
289 words for my Pokemon fic today. I'm working through this slow area bit by bit, hoping to be done with this intro soon.