• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Rockium

And here we are!
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Finished off the 6th notebook about a day ago with some notes on another fanfic idea, and started number 7 with about 6 pages of that fic idea.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Knight and Day"). Would've started it yesterday but it was clean the apartment day so I put writing on the backburners until today.

Anyway, the party are still making their way to the next village, which will lead them to the next Undead Base. Sir Reginald thoroughly humiliates a punk warrior who was forcing an expensive toll on a bridge that prevented merchants and travelers from crossing, earning the party some free items. They make it to the village and after taking care of errands are tasked to deal with some Bolt Ogres that have been attacking the village's food supply. The resulting battle causes the surviving Bolt Ogres to flee, but not before Nova pierces one with an arrow to create a trail of blood for the party to follow. They find the Bolt Ogres are being commanded by a Storm Anaconda that came into contact with a Starfire Ruby (which Nova lampshades). Sir Reginald becomes his Gaia Knight form to confront the evolved monster while the rest of the party deals with the remaining Bolt Ogres. Sir Reginald is ultimately victorious, allowing the party to collect the valuable parts of the monsters, along with the Storm Anaconda's eggs, and the Starfire Ruby, before returning to the grateful village. They promise that they'll also deal with the Undead Base to the north of the village, since that's their primary job, much to the joy and relief of the villagers. The next chapter, "Werecat-astrophe", features everyone's least favorite Werecat "helping" in the fight against Muu's army.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Forgive the double post but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("Werecat-astrophe"). I was going to do it tomorrow but my parents invited me to a barbeque tomorrow so I did it today.

Anyway, the party are on their way to deal with the Undead Base. Phantom scopes things out as usual so to give the party a chance to plan. However, their plans get turned on their heads when Eoleo shows up in an attempt to both get back at Nova for the invisible box incident and to prove his "superiority" over Nova to Nina. Ian reveals that Eoleo stole some King Cobra Claws from a merchant, which are now his weapon-of-choice. Eoleo then charges into battle to beat the newest Undead Captain: Captain Goremand, in hopes of impressing Nina, forcing the party to save him while still trying to make use of what planning they got done. Eoleo, as usual, proves ineffective against Muu's forces, requiring Nova to save him by petrifying Goremand. The party wins the day and uncovers stolen goods that Muu's army had taken from merchants, possibly suggesting that this is the reason why many shops are low on supplies. They take the crates of goods with them so they can return them to their rightful owners while helping themselves to the crates of items that Muu sent his army. Nina then gives Eoleo another "Reason You Suck" speech, forcing Ian and Hunter to drag the thoroughly beaten Werecat leader away. The party destroys the base and uses Warp to return to the village to report their success. The next chapter, "Assembling Amazing Accessories", will feature Nova trying to make new magical accessories from the items the party's recently collected.

Nori

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
30 words yesterday (was not at home, but was actually able to write), and 76 words today, along with a lot of research that really helped getting a much better approximation for the amount of time some events take up.

System Error

Given power
Reaction score
- Memory of a Ghoul: Rethinking some scenes. Got interrupted before I could start in the afternoon, tried writing late only to just sit there blankly, mostly out of feeling down for no particular reason. Actually, negative progress because I discarded a scene, but I rethought something else and am implementing its relevant contents anyway.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Minor stuff this morning. I rewrote certain aspects of the most recent Dawn of Courage chapter, mostly stuff regarding the "Beast Claws" items (the items that were in the crates from Muu, not the stolen items). This is because I wanted to give them more unique properties. Initially they were just going to be one-use items that cast a certain spell but I instead took some inspiration from Trials of Mana and Shield Hero to rework the concept a bit (otherwise they'd be no different from the Elemental Coins that are in this series). Now they have more interesting effects, such as giving the user's attacks a certain element for a short time, summoning unique abilities like an Air Strike Shield clone or elemental auras, and granting certain traits like illusion-making, teleportation, and more. This is because both the Beast Claws and Elemental Coins will play a role in the upcoming chapter (which I'm not going to do today as I'll be with my folks for the 4th of July). This caused me to rewrite about two pages worth of stuff, along with needing to reprint four pages for my proofreader since some of the content on the pages got shifted as a result. That should do for now, as it'll help setup the next chapter more readily.

Nori

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
1103 words today and I think some research? Was a little slow getting started, but about half of the words was fairly easy to come by with the reference video.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
It's been a few days since I've been able to write, was planning to write Saturday night but had a spontaneous video chat with my friends, then yesterday I was out all day. I wrote 594 words for my Pokemon fic this evening.

Nori

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Nothing yesterday (too unsettled and then too tired), and 81 words today (before losing focus and then having to do project stuff).

Palamon

Artificial Enemy
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I wrote some prototype dialogue for an upcoming section in my Genshin Impact oc fanfiction. Information threads, and what have you on my private twitter.

Palamon

Artificial Enemy
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I wrote an acrostic poem about my oc in a sundress in alt text on my Twitter account. It's attached to a picture I drew, so you have to press alt to be able to read the poem. (I don't know if I'm allowed to link my tweets on bgmf, so I'll refrain.)

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Despite being with my folks for part of the day I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Assembling Amazing Accessories"). Turns out I had started it a while ago but RL got in the way and I forgot about it, taking an unintended break, but I finished it today.

Anyway, the party are stuck in the inn due to a rainstorm. Nova and Nina make use of the time to make more magical accessories while the rest of the party play games. The duo use some of the new items they got and managed to craft three new accessories: a Torch Armlet (made from a Torch Coin), a Air Shield Gauntlet (made from an Eagle Claw confiscated from Muu's army last chapter), and an Aqua Energy Gauntlet (made from a Merbeast Claw, also confiscated from Muu's army last chapter). While they can't test the Torch Armlet (as it can cast one of three random Fire spells), they are able to test the Air Shield Gauntlet and Aqua Energy Gauntlet, which summon an Air Strike Shield clone (called an Eagle Shield) and imbue the user with Water energy temporarily, respectively. Nina is quite impressed as items like Eagle Claws, Merbeast Claws, and Torch Coins are one-time use items yet Nova figured out how to turn them into multi-use items, saying those accessories would be quite popular as a result, especially due to how rare the base items are to begin with. With the groundwork set for new accessories for Nova to make the party rest on their laurels. The next chapter, "Fires of the Past", will feature Zeeker's past start to catch up to him.