• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Because I realized I was going to need it to keep their effects in-check I created an Item List document for Dawn of Courage. Especially considering several of these items will make their appearance in the next chapter ("The Night Market"). I've only gotten part of it done. So far I've finished "Healing Herbs", "Medicine", "Elemental Coins", and "Beast Claws". Other item categories will soon follow. I don't think I'll include weapons in this particular list, as they may need their own document. But this'll do for a start.

Did double duty again today, especially since my plans for today got wrecked again. First I added "Mana Restoring Items", "Goddess Statues", "Eye Gems", and "Relaxation Items" to the Item List. Then I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("The Night Market").

In the chapter the party are getting praised by King Rand, although he does ask them to vacate the castle due to an upcoming important meeting with various nobles, which they agree to. They also learn that the shortage of Nuts Oil may be because of one of Muu's bases being placed near a nut plantation that's preventing farmers from harvesting the nuts. They then do some shopping at the regular shops and sell some of their more valuable monster parts before heading to the largest inn where they were told to meet up with someone from the intelligence network about the remaining Undead Bases in the country. Nova and Nina decide to solo the Night Market as the inn has a rather strict curfew and they don't want the whole party getting locked out by accident, especially since Nina can just use Teleport to get them back in if need be. She and Nova plan out their budget for the Night Market, discussing what they want to look for. When 8 PM rolls in the duo enter the Night Market. They managed to net several deals, including finding one bottle of Nuts Oil, which they've been looking for. Nova ignores the exotic dancers that show up, once again proving his loyalty to Nina, much to her gratitude, do a bit more shopping, and head back early to avoid getting locked out of the inn. They give some of the medicinal items to Van, since he's the medical expert, including the Nuts Oil, before going to bed. The next chapter, "Invasion of the Cursed Vines", features a problem that the party has to deal with.

this isn't for a fic but it IS a thing i've been writing and i've been putting a whole lot of effort in it, i mentioned how the ending beyblade v-force just completely took me out a while back, and i'm currently in the process of writing a.. i'm not even sure what to call it, but mainly just one big project for me to write out all of my many, MANY thoughts on it. today i wrote an unplanned section about kai and how fuck dude the writers of v-force, although they probably didn't realize it, were almost onto something with kai's whole plotline of avenging yuya.

i have like 4.5 other things i know i wanna talk about + some other quick things that i don't have enough to say on for them to have their own section, things i Have talked about include kenny kyojyu and hiromi not really getting to Do much although i could probably add to it, that ending that got me so obliterated, The Yuya Incident, and a tangent about the ost

would it be a good idea to post that in the forums once i'm done with it, actually? i mean i know the use of threads kind of encourages updates but this is very much the kind of project where things will be shifting around a lot so it'd probably be best to get it out all at once

edit: the rulebook lists essays under things that go in the writer's workshop so yeah i'll probably post it there once i'm done, assuming my brain lets me finish it

- Memory of a Ghoul: Apparently I wrote down "exposit more stuff" but didn't know what exactly I was going to exposit. In lieu of that though I did some dialogue at the end of the scene since I know how that was going to go. I also moved a bit from C4 to here since it better fit as not an aside.

Because I got up way too early I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Invasion of the Cursed Vines").

Anyway, the party are ready to make their way to the Beastman Resistance to aid them. However, a knight shows up and gives them a message from King Rand that a village called Thornwillow needs their help. The village is overrun with cursed vines and plant monsters. The party agrees to deal with the problem and Nina uses Teleport to get them to the shelter where the villagers have evacuated to after the plant overtook the village. They learn this was Dominic's doing, as the village had a bad harvest and Dominic retrieved a "miracle seed", which was actually a cursed item. Whether Dominic knew this or not no one knows but the village and soon the shelter will be overwhelmed by vines and plant monsters. So the party confronts the main plant and its "minions". Nova uses the Air Shield Gauntlet to protect the party from the acid attacks, allowing them to easily destroy the plant monsters, followed by petrifying the plant with a Petrify Shot, causing the plant to turn to stone and crumble away, leaving only the original seed. Van destroys the seed and the villagers request if the party can help them restore their crops. Nina is not thrilled to have to don her Nymph Wing form again but Nova makes her a secret unknown promise that motivates her to perform the task. She becomes Nymph Wing and restores the fields to full before they party returns to the capital via Warp, as the Beastman Resistance's base is in the opposite direction. The next chapter, "The Beastman Resistance", features exactly what the title states.

Oof, forgot to post here for a hot minute — anyway, have been bingewriting binary pulsar for the past couple days, and ended up with about 20 pages of things written since about 5 days ago. Am starting to think that this oneshot is an attempt to cover all my bases regarding the thoughts I have about the POV character, and boy, that’s a lotta thoughts.

Since Game Corner no longer exists in generation 5 and onward, I decided to come up with a different alternative in pokémon fics. A game room filled with video game cabinets, skill cranes, gashapon (japanese toy capsules), candy machines and carnival game booths and an occasional game show arena that offers prizes. Despite my future fic being set in ORAS, Mauville Game Corner still exists, but they have kid friendly pachinkos on the upper floor and the adult ones on the lower floor.
Paniola and Driftveil will have gaming saloons inspired by Game Corner since saloons is known to have gaming parlors. However, it will be much different than Game Corner.

- Memory of a Ghoul: I conceptualized a small scene in C6. Other than that, various edits, one in particular concerning...

- Blade of the Blackout Killer: ...a scene in C7 going in another direction than expected when plotting it out. Not in a huge way, just enough that I needed to change some details. Did I reveal it here? I did on Discord anyway, so: these two fics are concurrent! Their main plots are unrelated to each other, although they share scenes from different perspectives - because recycling is good for the environment, after all. Connecting them/making it one fic would turn out too clunky due to different supporting casts, and it's a plot point they aren't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom