• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("The Beastman Resistance"). I had started it yesterday but a weather-induced migraine shut my attempt down cold.

Anyway, the party makes it to Silver Moon Forest, which is a monster-free environment due to the Holy energies the forest radiates. They soon find the Beastman Resistance's base, which is a small village nestled inside the forest. The Beastmen are excited to see Zeeker, constantly referring him as "Captain Zeeker" from his past days as one of their leaders. The party learns that about 53% of the original resistance survived Vertebreak's retaliation, which Zeeker has mixed feelings about. They soon meet Captain Ron, one of the main leaders of the resistance right now. However, the moment he lays eyes on Nina he becomes smitten for her, much to her displeasure. He ends up starting a fight with Nova in an attempt to win Nina over, although Nova refuses to fight since he knows the outcome won't change anything. Ron still beats the young man up, only for Zeeker to intervene with his Burning Beast Shaman form to break up the fight. Before he and Ron could fight another hyena Beastman named Major Clair steps in and ends the conflict, demoting Ron for causing such an unnecessary conflict. Clair is revealed to be Zeeker's older sister, both referring to each other with affectionate pet names, along with both showing relief that the other is alive and well. Clair apologizes for Ron's actions, as good-looking women have always been his weakness, but starting a fight over it crossed the line. The party promises to give the resistance any help it can offer, be it valuable monster parts to their fighting prowess, much to Clair's gratitude. The next chapter, "Operation Lightning Blitz", features both factions tackling one of Muu's Undead Bases.

Forgive the double post but I had just enough oomph left in me to write the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Operation Lighting Blitz").

It begins with the party and the Beastman Resistance mapping out their plan of attack against their new enemy: General Skeletron, and his large Undead Army platoon. With several suggestions from the party they iron out a good strategy. The following day they begin their attack on Skeletron and his Undead Army. The party, sans Nova, transform into their Shaman forms, to provide extra firepower, while Nova summons Elora to further bolster their offenses. Nova ultimately deals the killing blow to Skeletron by detonating his Magna Crystal cube that was powering him, allowing the party and the Beastman Resistance to take back the stolen goods and salvage several valuable items that Muu sent his army. Van and Sir Reginald join forces to destroy the Undead Base, netting the Beastman Resistance its first win since the original resistance army was defeated and scattered. They return to base to celebrate their first major victory. Later that night Zeeker and Clair have a heart-to-heart, with Zeeker reaffirming his decision to continue fighting alongside Nova and the others, which Clair accepts. Both Cackle siblings share a tender moment together before retiring for the night. The next chapter, "Dominic's Disastrous Return", features exactly what the title states.

Some amount of words written today. Found out I used the wrong reference with yesterday's session, and since I couldn't just move it and write around it, I had to move what I could and fix the bulk of yesterday's stuff. Still have a part to fill in with the fixes before I can start again with the correct reference...

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Dominic's Disastrous Return"). It was a bit touch-and-go, as I was having some trouble getting the idea down but I got it finished in the end.

Anyway, the party are heading toward a farm town that is well known for its various Scarlet Pumpkin products, along with being one of the core Nut Oil makers, as they also know Muu has set up a base nearby. They run into Dominic who is getting thrown out of said village, as he falsely promised them that he'd deal with Muu but instead tried to mooch off the village. The party states they'll handle Muu's army, prompting Dominic to race ahead in order to one-up them. The party scouts out the base with Kettu's black fox form, learning that the Undead Captain is another one powered by a fallen soul, before starting their attack, with Nina, Angelo, and Kettu donning their Sea Witch Siren, Tsunami Knight, and Fox Fyre forms, respectively, as the former two will deal with Captain Lavaton, who is a Fire element, while the latter deals with the Iron Gaias that are acting as sentries (and pounding Dominic to a pulp). The battle is swift as Nina uses her Siren's Song to great effect, incapacitating the enemy (and Dominic), allowing the party to easy destroy their foes. They take some crates of goods containing the usual items that Muu had given his army, although Dominic tries to take them for himself upon recovering, only for Nina to sing him to sleep again. Nova then detonates the Magna Crystal cube that's powering the base, destroying it and sending Dominic sky high. They return to the village to report their success at getting rid of two problems at once, with Nina eager to sample the local baked goods. The next chapter, "The Amorous Painter's Cursed Ink", features a more tragic situation that the party needs to solve.

Some amount of words today, which filled in the gap I had, and then I ended up working on a project before helping someone out with something... and then my original post got eaten by maint... :T

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("The Amorous Painter's Cursed Ink"). I started it yesterday but I was feeling kinda depressed so I couldn't get into the groove of writing so I finished it this morning.

Anyway, the part is heading to the next town to meet up with Lord Z'arc, as he has valuable information on Muu they need. They soon see a painter who is trying to impress Lord Z'arc's daughter, Lady Eve, with a painting, only to be devastated when he learns she's already being courted by Sir Thomas before leaving. Lord Z'arc gives the party information he's gotten, saying it could potentially make or break the war, but his paranoia is preventing him from giving the information to King Rand, especially since some Skeleton Crow familiars have been lurking around. Meanwhile, the painter combines his ink with a Blue Moon Gem, another item from the destroyed moons orbiting over Edyn, to turn the ink into magical ink in hopes of getting rid of Sir Thomas so he can claim Lady Eve. Later that evening Nova expresses concern about what that painter might do, citing possible ink monsters, which is exactly what happens (which he lampshades the similarities to a certain Inuyasha episode). The ink monsters attack the mansion and attempt to kill Sir Thomas, only for Nina to rescue him while Nova confronts the painter riding his ink dragon. Nova tries to reason with the man but he's proven to be beyond reasoning so Nova snipes the ink jar and sends it plummeting to the ground, with the painter diving after it. Nova destroys the ink monsters before rescuing the painter with an arrow. However, when the painter attempts to collect the spilled ink the ink comes to life and devours him in a very graphic way, killing him in the process. Nova is able to use the Demon King Ring to purify both the ink and the Blue Moon Gem, which had been corrupted by the painter's desires, making both safe to touch. They explain the situation to both Sir Thomas and Lady Eve, as the painter only wanted to court the lady but let his jealousy and envy blind him, failing to see the consequences of his actions, before dying a gruesome death. The party reflects the tragic nature of this event before retuning to the inn to rest. The next chapter, "Flight of the Valkyrie", features the aftermath of this chapter.

Back
Top Bottom