• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Princess of Dorkness
Reaction score
After an extremely lazy week and an unproductive weekend, I challenged myself to do 1000 words of writing today, and I did just that! I got just a hair over 1100 words done by midnight, but it's mostly notes and planning for something completely unrelated to any of my stories.

Totally won't turn evil and destroy you all
Reaction score
683 words deep into a 1000 word fic for the shipper's paradise writing challenge, and slowly becoming more and more worried that I'm not gonna be able to squeeze a satisfying date into the space I've got left.

shame personified
Reaction score
A short paper on job analysis and other misc. business leadership nonsense. At least this week didn't involve complicated af statistics.

shame personified
Reaction score
615 words... Writing conversations in an epistolary format is strange.

ready as i'll ever be
Reaction score
Wrote the vague, vaguest outline for the next few chapters of a certain story that I've been meaning to get back into. It's not much but it's a start, I guess?

The Hidden Author
Reaction score
Outlined a bit today. It's honestly been slow for me thanks to some work/life imbalance I'm having, but I hope to be properly writing again soon.

Reaction score
Been working on a shipping contest entry. How oh how does one write the right touch of Lana, the Brock cubed.

Totally won't turn evil and destroy you all
Reaction score
Another 241 words of shipping fic and screaming internally at the prospect of finishing the current scene and trying to cram an extra scene into the remaining 86 words.

ready as i'll ever be
Reaction score
Finally finished my judging writeups (!), so I can go back to procrastinating on my own writing in peace.

Princess of Dorkness
Reaction score
It's not much but I've started to put together some of the missing trivia for some of my supporting characters, such as ages, hobbies, basic bits of history, etc. Some of these details have been in my head for awhile, but getting them down in paper makes me realize how f'in' weird some of my characters are.

waiting for you
Reaction score
Managed to write 1187 words for a story I've been working on for a while. Finished the outline of it, but I'm going to go back through and do some editing before I post it up. Proud of myself for managing to push through and get some more writing done though, been struggling a lot lately with it, so hopefully this can get me out of my rut.

shame personified
Reaction score
I wrote a fair amount of notes for a one-shot idea I have in the works. I'm trying to envision the characters' voices in my head before I start the actual story, though.

waiting for you
Reaction score
Did some light editing on System Error today before finally posting it. Finally got a story posted up on here for the first time in a while!!

Probably going to review my outlines over the next few days and start work on a Druddigon based one shot in the coming days when I have some more free time, unless I find another piece I'm more drawn to. (But it'll probably be the Druddigon piece solely because it'll mean I can rip out another page in my stories notebook. xD)

Reaction score
Has put possibly 2000-3000 words into a fight between Ash and a character requested by my co-authors for a point who, using a A.I, masks his exact personality while using a beta team to scout Ash's battle power for accurate data.

The fight also introduces Ash to Golisopod, which makes him wonder just how Misty would react to such a thing.

waiting for you
Reaction score
Put in 535 words into my newest project that I got started on today, plus another 462 words for a blog entry on my Dungeons & Dragons experience. Total of 997 words for today. Not quite 1000, but hey, writing progress is progress indeed!

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
I rewrote the first few sentences of chapter 4 of The Tides Have Turned. For once, I've found a way to begin that chapter that I'm happy with.

waiting for you
Reaction score
781 words today on a one shot!! Might be able to finish it Thursday, to be honest, but we'll see what happens.