• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here:

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Reaction score
I started a PokeAcademy Life story...its about the OC getting accepted into an exclusive Academy, after graduating from PokeTech.

Reaction score
Looking to send to beta my 27,600+ word chapter, and that is even after I decided it didn't need Ash versus Moltres on Victory Road.

used Thunderhand!
Reaction score
Looking to send to beta my 27,600+ word chapter, and that is even after I decided it didn't need Ash versus Moltres on Victory Road.
27.600+ chapter? And here I thought that my 13.000+ chapter was breaking the mold. :p

I have nothing against long chapters, though, especially if you don’t want to break the pacing of the plot. Just be careful and make sure to keep the story engaging, so that people won’t fall to the attention span trap.

shame personified
Reaction score
I fleshed out an outline for a 3-part fic I'm starting, then wrote 400 words of said fic

The Hidden Author
Reaction score
Been busy making changes to Unequivocant's early chapters and getting ready to post them. I notice that I often said in narration what my protagonist, Lawrence, was thinking, rather than actively showing his thoughts and actions, like I did later in the story. That, along with some personalities that were blown out of proportion, made me realize that these need some work.

Reaction score
27.600+ chapter? And here I thought that my 13.000+ chapter was breaking the mold. :p

I have nothing against long chapters, though, especially if you don’t want to break the pacing of the plot. Just be careful and make sure to keep the story engaging, so that people won’t fall to the attention span trap.
Tis the fourth largest of the to be 41 chapters so far.

used Thunderhand!
Reaction score
I have written around 1.500+ words worth of lore ideas and plot points. Oh, and I've also continued a bit of Chapter 1 as well. Around 600 words for it, give or take. Aiming for the 6.000 words for chapter mark.

shame personified
Reaction score
Figured out what to do with the next Phantom Project interlude and wrote 250 words to start it.

waiting for you
Reaction score
Got a blog post done today. Didn't word count check it this time (didn't think about doing that), so I have no idea what my word count is on that. I also wrote out 787 words on my next one shot, and I'm reaching the end of that, so hopefully it'll be up on the forums soon. Also did some RP stuff today with creating a character for a site, and I'm just waiting for approval before I press forward anymore (hence why I was working on my one shot today).

Fear the Eagle
Reaction score
Working on chapter 8 of An Unwanted Journey. Trying to get Misty's personality nailed down without her sounding like an Apollo clone.

Simaltaniously I'm doing work for TV Tropes' Fanon Pokedex.

I was thinking it's time for some evil.
Reaction score
I wrote something for the first time in about seven months last night!

It only amounted to about twenty words, but I opened my document and put digital pen to paper for the first time since I started my new job. I'm just now realising how it appears from the outside looking in:

Me, circa January: 'hey guys got offered a job as an English teacher! I might be on less frequently for a while'

Also me: *disappears off the face of the planet until September*

The Hidden Author
Reaction score
I've been making a lot of revisions to Unequivocant. Not so much plot changes as the way I narrate thoughts and revising some scenes to either give them greater plot importance or to tone down the personalities. I am approaching the point where I need to start making some rather drastic revisions to the villain's plan, but it ultimately won't change the overarching plot--which I like.

Fear the Eagle
Reaction score
Working on chapter 9 of An Unwanted Journey.

So glad I got chapter 8 done. And in the process I managed to completely erase a character from canon. Whoops.

I was thinking it's time for some evil.
Reaction score
Checking in at 11:30 on Sunday night as I turn in for the evening - up for work at 6am, ugh.

I left off last night with a completed chapter, published at 1am before I hit the hay. Today I started the following chapter, which made counting easy. All in all, I've written 2,484 words. That's not bad!

It is 100% battle scene, though, which flows very easily for me. Perhaps too easily.

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Nothing like writing a hot springs chapter to realize why they make for terrible episodes

Oh well, still good writing practice, which is something you can never have too much of

Or maybe it's because it features Ash and Hunter J

shame personified
Reaction score
Wrote 250 words of dialogue in Phantom Project, which I'll eventually flesh out to show narration, and I edited the opening paragraphs of Flying in the Dark's letter 14

A cat who writes stories
Reaction score
Been writing 20-60 word at a time before bed in my private Discord server as a way of trying to ease into a habit. We'll see where that gets me. Might spend a lot of the next couple days writing, if I'm lucky. Gonna start commuting to work on the bus - it'd be great to develop a writing habit. Couple hours a day on the bus would be superb.

Far too mouthy for my own good.
Reaction score
Almost finished with the rewrite of Chapter 1 of Multiple Dimensionality.