• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Been meaning to mention this but on New Years Eve I wrote both "Fruitful Harvest" and "Hunted Hunter", the two next chapters in Dawn of Courage. I'm not going to bother posting their plots because I don't have access to my USB stick right now and I don't remember the finer details ATM. The main plot point of both is that Muu's army has infiltrated the event, Elora has detected them, and Nina used Phantom to warn the rest of the party, and Nova's group is now hunting Captain Goredon and his platoon down before they can attack another participant in the event. That should sum things up.

I did some brainstorming and wrote ~190 words to start something new based off of an idea I was thinking if developing for the Halloween one-shot, but ultimately didn't. I'm not sure yet how far I plan of going with this, but probably a short story with a few chapters for now.

Wrote the next chapter in Dawn of Courage this morning ("Undoing the Undead").

Anyway, word has spread quickly regarding Muu's army infiltrating the event. Nova's group is soon upon Captain Goredon's platoon. Nina transforms into her Goddess of Phoenixes form to help level the playing field, since they're heavily outnumbered, while Elora and Fou also assist. Soon, during the battle Cain's group jumps in, providing some extra firepower to tip the scales in the heroic side's favor. Eventually Captain Goredon is the only one left and he tries to flee. However, Nina uses her Rock Blast Ring to trip him up and damage his leg, allowing Nova and Cain to finish him off with a combo skill. Soon afterward the rest of the gang, along with the other elven groups, show up, having seen and heard the battle from their locations. Now knowing it was safe to resume the King's Hunt Festival the groups split up, but not before expressing an interest in Nova's custom magical accessories. The next chapter, "The Final Hunt", features the King's Hunt Festival coming to a close.

Updates on AV. I created a few future storylines

Trainers switching each other's pokemon creating new relationships and conflicts. It won't come at least a few chapters later or slightly longer than that.

Zack will have his own rival who appears to have a different disability than him.

There will be a kidnapping plot in Lumiose. Not by a grunt this time because it takes place after the games.

One of the main characters take care of a pokemon who is a runt.

Lastly, the trio's history together will be explored in the next chapter.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("The Final Hunt").

The King's Hunt Festival is starting to wind down. Lady Glass of the Dark Elves and her group of knights are being overwhelmed by a pack of Zugenies. However, Nova's group assists them and are able to defeat the Zugenies, thereby splitting the spoils between them. Glass' group is grateful for the help but they promise not to lose to Nova's group, which Juniper accepts the competition before both groups part ways. Meanwhile, Sir Reginald's group has just taken down a large pack of Savage Cabbages. After catching them Vulcan notices that he's running low on Capture Capsules so his group decides to save what Capture Capsules they have left for big prey instead of small-fries like Rockolli or Soul Mangoons. Cain's group has managed to take down a Gator Ghoul and quickly head off, as Gator Ghouls are rarely alone, and tackling this Gator Ghoul took a lot out of the group. Eventually dinner time rolls in and everyone knows that the King's Hunt Festival will come to a close at daybreak the next day. Nova prepares his first beaver recipe that Nina provided him, proving to be a winner, with both Juniper and Nina expressing that Nova should be given the honor of being called a chef after everything is said and done, though he expresses doubt. Soon night is upon them and everyone retires for the night, as the next day a winner will be crowned. The next chapter, "Ceremonial Finale", features the end of the King's Hunt Festival and the end of this arc.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Ceremonial Finale"). This chapter marks the end of the King's Hunt Festival arc.

Anyway, daybreak is soon upon the participants of the King's Hunt Festival. The participants are awoken by a loud announcement that the event is over, much to Nova's fright and anger, as it startled him awake badly, to Nina's amusement. The various participants gather at the starting point and deposit their catches into special sorting machines to calculate the final totals. In a rarity for the event, the Top 3 placements all are ties. Third Place is a three-way tie between Mayfair, Stormfly, and Gusthall of the Wind Elves. Second Place is a tie between Juniper and Sapphira. First place is a tie between Vulcan and Glass of the Dark Elves, meaning the Lava and Dark Elf Clans are the winner of the event. Nova apologized to Juniper for failing to get him first place but Juniper takes it in stride, citing there's "always next year". Cain also apologizes to Stormfly but she, too, takes it in stride, and instead offers Cain a position as her personal bodyguard back at her home clan, having not only enjoyed the time they spent together but also gained feelings for him. Cain is a bit stunned at this turn of events and is hesitant to answer but the party encourages him to take the offer, which he does. As a reward for helping keep the participants safe from Muu's army the party is allowed to take one beast from each elven nobles' catches, along with the other promised rewards that they'll get later. King Jean also tells them that Dominic and Eoleo were apprehended, as intruding on the biggest event of the year to the elves is a big crime. They all return to the capital to begin the closing ceremonies and to the success of another King's Hunt Festival. Nova makes a profit by selling his magical accessories to the elven nobles and, shortly after, the knights, before the party that ends the King's Hunt Festival takes place. Cain says goodbye to the party but promises to help them in the final battle, which they accept, before he leaves with Stormfly's group. The party goes to rest after everything is said and done. The next chapter, "Cooking Up Trouble", features the party dealing with an event that's straight out of Breath of Fire 2.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Cooking Up Trouble"). It was a bit stop-and-go (not to mention I had a bad night last night), and it ended up longer than expected, but I got it done.

Anyway, the party are given the information they seek from King Jean and return to the road to track down the remaining Undead Bases. On night Nina is attempting to make a hotpot meal with Angelo teaching her. She... doesn't succeed, forcing Nova to quickly make a replacement meal, to her discouragement. Nova takes her aside and comforts her, citing some of his own pitfalls in his cooking career, telling her that early on everyone is bound to make mistakes. The following morning he teaches her how to make eggs in a basket, which actually turn out okay, to the party's relief. A number of hours later, after fighting some monsters the party gets hungry and wants to eat. Sir Reginald learns that there is a restaurant called the Carnivore Café nestled in an area not far from them, so they decide to check it out. Beforehand they get some interesting advice from a traveling merchant about the place before arriving at their destination. They follow the merchant's advice in not angering the bouncers (who look like actually strong versions of Dominic), and ordering their meat "rare", which seems to make the bouncers a bit disappointed, something that doesn't go unnoticed by the party. They have to put all their equipment, weapons, and magical accessories in a bin as the bouncers explain it's to avoid conflicts in the restaurant due to some of the customers it can attract. They soon enter a darkened room which is revealed to be a giant grill that tries to cook the party. They managed to survive it thanks to their previous warning before meeting the head chef, who is a Gallop Clansmen (the same species as the Charlie Horse Brothers). He tried to cut them up but the party beats him up, forcing him to make a getaway.

They enter the restaurant proper and confront the Gallop Clan chefs. Remembering the advice of the merchant they choose to be forgiving to the chefs, as their policy is "cook the weak, feed the strong", which the head chef is relieved and teaches them his legendary Lightning Chop technique as thanks. Nova lampshades that this event is very similar to the Wildcat Café scenario in Breath of Fire 2. They sit down and have their lunch, where Nova learns the drink he's drinking is actually very alcoholic yet he doesn't feel a thing, either indicating he's very tolerant to alcohol or flat-out immune to it, despite never touching the stuff before. Nina delves a bit more into her backstory, revealing that the Phoenix Clan can't stomach alcohol, literally only needing one glass of wine to get drunk. Though she does revel in the fact that when she got drunk a long time ago she managed to hold it together until she got home while her brothers made complete idiots of themselves, being one of her few victories over them. The party finishes their meal, regains their stuff, and heads out. They run into Dominic, who somehow escaped jail again. He's about to go into his usual spiel when he falls to his knees in hunger, asking for food. The party all gains the same idea and sends him off to the Carnivore Café, deliberately giving him bad advice, which he takes and runs off to eat, allowing the party to revel in his next misfortune before moving on. The next chapter, "The Magic School", features exactly what the title states.

EDIT: Because I felt like it, because I love (bad) puns, and because it would fit the context of the next chapter better, I changed the title to "The Magic School Fuss", a cringeworthy but oh-so fun play on the old Magic School Bus show/books (does anyone else remember that series from way back when in the day... and pretend the CGI reboot doesn't exist?).

Last edited:
I am currently focusing my attention on a project that is an idea that I had for the Halloween Short Story contest.
I know, I say "Hey, I am working on this project!" all the time, but this time, I am going to focus on this one project. It will be easier for me to focus on one project at a time.
Also, would it be out of place for there to be flashlights in a fantasy world?

Back
Top Bottom