• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Wrote another Pokemon team for Battle From the Heart. This time it's Wally, with his team being the same as his ORAS team in the post-game (but before his Smogon-like team), with the addition of Azumarill to the ranks to complete the team. Changed very little except improving some the moves of his Mons (ie: Sludge Bomb on Roserade instead of Poison Jab). I might do a second Hoenn rival for Geo, especially one that's more like a "main" rival (as in one that's encountered semi-regularly, since Wally only shows up three times before the league battles in the games), but it'll probably have to be an OC, though I haven't decided yet.

A little extra work on the side-project. Just like last October I'm gonna be trying something different next month. Whipped it up. Mine will all be Sinnoh-based after some priority-related thoughts but I'll do this version eventually.

promptypromptsapril.png

JOIN WITH ME.

I've completed that final scene, but now I've ended up starting to reconfigure the ending after coming up with a better resolution for things. Word count not given since it's become largely meaningless at this point in the game, since a lot of it is just re-evaluating and altering existing writing into a new direction.
This total at the end of the session feels incredibly good though, very satisfying:
1711720534754.png

I've started writing the Flowering Love event one-shot. I had finished a draft of it but completely scrapped the ending, so while I try to think of something better, I'll probably be editing what I've already got to eliminate many repetitive turns of phrase as well as other more minuscule errors.

I wrote down an idea for later since I think it would not work as a short story. Is there a way to know if an idea is short story material or not?
It's hard to say. Short stories are only really definite by length, and even that definition is pretty loose sometimes. I tend to judge what's a one-shot and what's a short story by how many plot details and scenes the short contains. If there are only a few scenes and the story completely revolves around one idea, I call it a one-shot. But, if the short has several scenes that all follow this one idea, but don't completely revolve around it, then I call it a short story. It's hard to say though, it kind of just depends on your interpretation of it.

__

I took a couple of days off because I was super busy moving stuff out of my grandma's apartment during the day and just didn't feel like writing at night, but I got back to my AU this evening and wrote another page for it.

Last edited:
Wrote another Pokemon Team for Battle From the Heart. This time Akari (Hisui), with her team being modeled around the PC choosing Cyndaquil (as Geo will obtain Cyndaquil/H-Typhlosion first despite already having Lora), albeit her Clefairy is now a Clefable and I added in an H-Arcanine, along with using "updated" move additions since LA, though it mostly remains faithful as possible to her original in-game team. Technically she's not a true "rival" to Geo in the sense past rival characters are such as Wally, Calem, and Orion, but she's the closest to an actual rival the PC has in LA. And she's also been confirmed via Masters that she's the canon rival character in Hisui and that Rei is the canon protag, so she fits the bill well enough.

Been working on the latest chapter of my main fanfic! I am heavily considering posting it here. At least a chapter a week so it can catch it up to how it is on Ao3 and FF.net.

Also, I have decided on which ship to write about for the Flowering Love Shipping fic contest! Along with another ship in the background. Got ideas on it and planning it out. Maybe start writing it within the next day or so. It's a ship I've been wanting to tackle for a long time! :swirlix:

Back
Top Bottom