• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
32 words and some tweaking. Was stuck for a bit because I didn't really take the time to figure out the rest of the scene, since it was a little unexpected for the scene to head in the direction it did.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Polished up yesterday's drafting a little bit. Put a bit more detail onto the worldbuilding as well

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
110 words, simply recorded a dream that I had which I would like to go over again and see if I can form tiny bits and pieces of it into an idea. I usually don't like using dream content, but I'll use a piece here and there.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
101 words after backtracking. I forgot about one of my resources, which made dim sky more obvious to me, so I had to backtrack a bit and start over from there. I also got a late start because there were a couple unrelated mysteries to solve.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
170 words yesterday, resting today.

Reaction score
Mostly been writing Code Geass stuff recently: chapter 4 is still in proiduction and at 10,000 words

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Maybe a bit more than 166 words (I tweaked the last sentence I wrote Saturday and I don't feel like being verbose with today's word count because of it). Finally done with writing the training, and the chars are on their way to their first day on the job.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
32 words to get them into the hotel. Had some stuff to take care of and then spent time looking for a reference that i may/may not have found.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Finally figured out a way to get all the possible reference thingies I found, and ended up using the one I ended up liking from yesterday, but had a much better idea of how to mark it up in comparison to yesterday. Also wrote a little bit of code to generate stuff... and I have two more things to figure out before I can continue writing, but that's for tomorrow.

Goodnight, to all the astray children.
Reaction score
398 words into a first draft-ish state!

I've managed to write around a hundred words each day for the past week. Now, if only I didn't keep deleting it all, I'd probably have a complete draft for Chapter 1 by this point.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
0 words. Figured out the other two things (one was much easier than the other), so I should be able to write tomorrow.

Given power
Reaction score
Mostly been writing Code Geass stuff recently: chapter 4 is still in proiduction and at 10,000 words
But will he be meeting Princess Angelise Misurugi?

And to make this not just a memepost, ideally hoping to knock out C4/C5 of my current secret project this week. If not early next. Did a chunk of the second scene of C4 last night.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
120 words continuing things along. Would've written more, but I was a little more fixated on making a bit of code work while also fairly exhausted when I got home from work and errands.

A cat who writes stories
Reaction score
Wrote 2000 words yesterday in a single sitting, but not DE - it was a short prose account of my D&D session I played yesterday. That surely counts, right?

Given power
Reaction score
And to make this not just a memepost, ideally hoping to knock out C4/C5 of my current secret project this week. If not early next. Did a chunk of the second scene of C4 last night.
Like I said...

C4's third scene dialogue exploded into actual writing which was otherwise finished and now is. Final scene banged out from nothing. With second scene finished up the day before it's now complete, closed up, and thrown in the later editing pile. And since I was still in the mood, did the opener of C5 and a random chunk of the last scene - the main chunk long since finished. Way ahead of pace to hit the goal. But probably should sleep now...

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
486 words yesterday, 507 words today, and I think I've caught the blahs from my characters. X)

Given power
Reaction score
LIKE I SAID

C5 completed and thrown in the editing pile. Because I was still in the mind of the deuteragonist I did the scene from their perspective in C7 (which got done from scratch), as well as finishing off the scene right before it. Remaining: the end of C7, exploding the beginning of C7 into actual writing, the battle in C6, a paragraph about waiting before it, and exploding the final scene of C6 into actual writing.

After that? Editing and things beyond!

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Woo! 462 words, squad's finished their first day on the job, and are heading to their temporary living quarters. Getting close to where I should be able to reduce the amount of characters to focus on, which'll make me feel more comfortable switching over to Uncoloured.