• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
Wrote some text conversations for some Digimon Tamers shorts fic I plan on doing one day.

One day.

Given power
Reaction score
One day is the second-best timeframe, after Soon™ of course.

Somehow despite a Trials of Mana binge I wrote an extra scene for the last chapter of my fic I felt should exist. Still need to figure out another small addition too. And which one of two ways to pull it off.

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
I wrote about 1900 words on a personal project this morning. I definitely should have been sleeping, but when the inspiration hits the inspiration hits.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Nothing except "notes" from my last post, but I have been thinking about the problem I mentioned. Deciding to go back and fix Electrowood because I can't find a logical/sensible/reasonable way around the problem. Since Uncoloured is caught up enough in timeline, I might cross over the chat, dunno yet. Much earlier than most of my posts, but I've been dealing with tendonitis in the elbow all day, and so I should probably rest as best as i can.

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
I looked at what I wrote yesterday morning, decided while I liked what I wrote, I didn't like the personality I set for the character. So I scrapped it all and wrote again this morning. I wrote about 3000 words, and just now looked at the time and was like "oh, yeah I should probably sleep."

Deliciously Sparkly
Reaction score
lol does writing in your head count? I mentally wrote some ideas for when I pick up More Than RIbbons again

I'm joking, I'm joking, today I wrote out some more outline plans. Classwork is going to eat up most of my writing time, though, but that's fine.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Thursday: Nothing, but figured out the tendonitis was from my triceps and not from my wrist like i originally thought; it wasn't hurting all that bad, but I decided to not write.
Friday: Also nothing as the tendonitis was mostly gone but still kinda there.
Saturday: More nothing because I was offset the entire day. :/
Today: Hard to get a count because of all the shuffling/revising, but got the fix and such taken care of.

I think I was going to move Tsuguo into the new school year and then switch back to Electrowood? I'll figure it out tomorrow... ish...

A cat who writes stories
Reaction score
Still daily DE, but now I've bumped the minimum wordcount to 100w/day. Over 300w yesterday. Going alright, all things considered.

Reaction score
Writing more parts of a full battle and coined the description "Gyarados of the Sky" for Hydregion.

Deliciously Sparkly
Reaction score
Hammered out a few details in the fourth chapter of Like A Drum, and wrote about 200 words in my magical girl story.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
118 words written today, finally. Got through a bit of Tsuguo's decision making on which group to hanami with (but not to her final decision).

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Reworked last sentence from yesterday, 34 new words to get Tsuguo to a descision, and thought of the best compromise between what I originally wanted and "all is well".

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
9 words (better than nein
"no" in German
words) because i had other stuff to take care of.

I'm New >w<
Reaction score
Nobody knows me here (yet), but i do write a fanfiction, and i wrote a whole chapter (roughly 3 pages) today! And then my computer crashed and i lost 3 pages of stuff. At least it will be easier to rewrite.

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
I wrote like, 4500 words of a personal fan-fiction project. I just needed to write without having to focus on the literate, just so I can get my brain moving. I ended up getting really into it and now it's 4 hours later and I still have to edit up my 500 word flash fiction piece.

Update: I finished editing my flash fiction piece. I knocked it down to 376 words. Flash fiction is actually pretty interesting and I think I want to do more pieces like this.

Last edited:
Geek of the Games
Reaction score
While I haven't written any full-length chapters lately, as I've been busy helping my folks a lot (especially since mom's eye surgery is coming up soon), I have been making multiple edits to the existing chapters in Chaos Rising. Mostly adding extra bits here and there, cleaning up some overlooked spelling/grammar errors, throwing in more descriptions and dialog, and so on, so I guess that's something of worth to mention. Just a few minutes ago I reworked certain bits in "Shadows at Dawn", adding in some extra details and dialog, including Skye giving Lucas (and, by extension, Veronica) both an armor-piercing question and a "reason you suck" speech a la Raphtalia to Motoyasu (which took up about 2/3rds of a page in the process), and before that I added in the description of the Korathan Whale in "Whale of a Tale", which I had forgotten to put in when I first wrote the chapter. So, while I haven't done any major writing in quite a while, I have been fixing problems, rewriting certain things, and adding extra content to existing chapters in order to make them read and flow better.

Princess of Dorkness
Reaction score
Finished the outline of the first 30 chapters of my Land of the Roses rewrite, and I've gotten back to work on it. I really should have been working on the outline sooner... I've got scattered notes and snippets from across those 30 chapters and I can't remember what I wanted to do with most of them, so what I'm planning now probably looks radically different from what I planned on back when I relaunched the story. The new plans all still fit the current chapters so hopefully the change in direction won't even be noticeable.

Speaking of getting back to work on it, I've got just under a thousand words today on specifically the chapter. I hope this momentum continues, because I'm sick of not working on my stuff.

Ash is my bae!
Reaction score
Haven't written anything yet today as I just woke up lol. Gonna try and get chapter 2 of Fallen edited soon though.