• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
441 words yesterday, 146 today. Had to go back a bit to add stuff that I didn't think about until I got to where I left off before going back. Still have a bit of notes and such to get through before I can probably skip to the following day... Headaches are a pain...

Reaction score
I'm at about 2200 words now, getting close to being done with my first chapter. Definitely starting off slow, but will pick up soon hopefully. =)

Last edited:
formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
I wrote about 800 words today. I'm liking this character a lot more now that I rewrote some of this piece. I get a lot more of her personality with this alternate version. It looks like things are going to slow soon though so I need to find a way to keep up the pace.

Saffron City Gym Leader
Reaction score
501 words into my rewrite of chapter 3 of What Changes Us. I was hoping to get a little more done, but I'm honestly satisfied with what little I got out because I'm liking the direction the chapter's going so far.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
86 yesterday, 118 and some added to yesterday's. Still got a bit to write before I can change the day. Felt a bit better yesterday and pretty much like nothing ever happened today if that matters to anyone.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
110 words and moving my in-story notes up so I don't have to scroll past the discarded stuff and old notes to read them. Need to take care of one or two things before changing the day.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
121 words yesterday, 159 today. Had to kinda figure out what to continue with and then remembered a thing I was going to put in a little ago. Still getting towards the point where I can change the day though.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Some tweaking due to a secondary confirmation of something...

Reaction score
An attempt at a rewrite of a waking from a coma dream in Galar's Darkest Hour.

A cat who writes stories
Reaction score
Last few days I've been writing character descriptions for Artfight. Pretty pleased with some of the results!

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
It took me two years, but I FINALLY managed to finish a chapter of a Harvest Moon fan fic I started on, and posted it! I'll probably work on the next one tomorrow, alongside chapter 67 of my Pokemon fan fic...assuming I'll be motivated enough to do so, of course.

Reaction score
Planning to write a OT fanfic. I've got my OC character design descriptions, personalities for the pokemon (there will be some opposite portrayals) and thier names down pat. Two of my OC main characters are fat and chubby, another one of my main characters wears braces. (I rarely see trainers with braces on their teeth. Not everyone has perfectly white straight teeth ya know) and a bald kid character (similar to Number One aka Nigel Uno from Kids Next Door). I got some word building done as well such having a waterpark, movie theaters, Chuck E Cheese/Gattiland like places, toy stores, dollar stores, shopping malls, etc. The pokemon will not say thier names and uses animal sounds or noises. They will speak only from a pokemon's perspective in my stories.

I'm still working on some of the pokemon teams, backstories for my characters and some nicknames for the pokemon and and make one of my OC's disabled. I got a handicapped character for a future fic but for an autistic character it's quite a struggle because I don't want him/her to be a copy or be too similar to Julia Parisa from A Marvelous Journey in terms of personality (minus understanding pokemon language and having a mean older sibling in such). I'm still trouble deciding which I should go with capitalization or no capitalization and real animals or no real animals references (those two debates really frustrates me, tbh) Mine is just a work in progress so far.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
155 words. Would've been more if I wasn't partially unfocused and had distractions. One last thing to take care of and I can change the day.

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
My mood's just been kind of down these past few days so I've been writing on and off for just a personal, feel-good piece. I've probably written around 350 words for it in the past few days.

The only problem I'm having now is that I have the story based in winter (because that's when I started it) and I want to write summer stuff right now.