• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

running on a loop
Reaction score
1685 words into chapter 4 of What Changes Us. Probably going to be working on this more now that I'm not spending so much time grinding RuneScape levels, and I'm honestly looking forward to it. Probably could've kept going tonight, but I decided to stop and take a break from it so I don't risk burning out, haha.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
72 words yesterday to pretty much get up to the last thing i need to write before changing the day... Lack of motivation today followed by an event that threw me for a loop and triggered my anxiety. :/

running on a loop
Reaction score
1196 words to wrap up chapter 4 of What Changes Us. Planning on going back and reading through it and making any necessary edits before posting, but I think I'm finally starting to find a groove with this story and really pushing forward with it.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
55 words... Very close to the end of the day, then more stuff the following day, then I can skip to the one scene, and then to the other...

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
110 words yesterday to finally get past the day change and some stuff afterwards. Nothing today, not enough energy.

running on a loop
Reaction score
Not sure of the actual word count, but I wrapped up chapter 5 of What Changes Us tonight. Probably would've finished it last night if not for my real bad headache. I'm not entirely satisfied with the chapter, but I didn't want to force anything.

The flavor of coffee~
Reaction score
I wrote about 700 words tonight, it's nice to make progress after not having written in a while (busy irl). I'm hoping to finish my first chapter tomorrow, but we'll see

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
85 words and some tweaking/adding of in-story notes. And about 200 lines of code. Day will be fairly short and simple and then I can fast forward a week for the following events before I gotta figure out where to put the event that follows that.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
198 new words and some ones transplanted from whenever it was ago. Couple things to take care of before I'm done with the scene.

Given power
Reaction score
I have finished the first draft of the first "chapter" of my next fic today as of 5 minutes ago. It clocks in at 92.0kb in Wordpad with 15864 words and will probably end up as three chapters total. Turned out way different than it was in planning due to scenes running longer than expected and a new subplot being added. I'm not sure how many words went into it today, but at least 1000, probably closer to 1500 sounds about right.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
About 184 words and finally done with the section. Tweaked some bits from yesterday and 13 of today's words was to fill in part of a convo that I ended up forgetting about while writing it originally.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
81 words yesterday, which didn't get me very far. Only notes today, as I had to figure out some details and deal with distractions.

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
Nothing yesterday, 131 words today after spending some time figuring out how the holidays factor into pay. Thinking to go back to proofread and get back into some of the characters better since I've been feeling like I haven't been doing that good of a job writing their dialogues.

Reaction score
Still trying to make Galar's Darkest Hour perfect. Leon sacrificed himself in the rewrite, but he survived. Though the damage will kill him later.

running on a loop
Reaction score
559 words into chapter 7 of What Changes Us, as well as a little bit of editing. I think I've hit a stopping point for this chapter, since I think the direction I want to go with it would be a little awkward to throw in mid-chapter.