• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Forgive the double post. Again, this may technically not count as actual "writing", but I did finish another planning document for Chaos Rising. This time a TVTrope-style character profile of Gram Liechien, the Flugel Kingdom knight and recurring character/ally to Celtic. Since Gram becomes more and more involved in the story as time goes on, as he's an ally to Celtic and, by extension, Delgunner Kingdom, I wanted to get some character traits, backstory, and any events that he'll be involved in mapped out so I can have what I need ready when the time comes. This is still to help loosen my writing gears by getting the ideas flowing again so I can get back to the chapters themselves. And, again, it helps organize my thoughts by documenting if and when certain events will take place. Again, it's mostly for the sake of planning what happens over time, but every little bit helps grease my gummed gears back into working order.

Gloria (The Female SWSH protagonist) will be in this story along with Victor, but however, thier personalities are totally different. Gloria is still Scottish and can be a bit vulgar, but only if she's angry or stressed. Her personality will be quite different than the usual of the hard drinking highly aggressive ladette that a lot of fans interpreted her as. I'm kinda getting tired of it because Gloria is underaged. She's at least in her early to mid teens and shouldn't be drinking anyways, so just why?!:mad:

Managed to finish the entirety of the boy who ran before New Years my time, now to never talk about it ever again, yay!

In other news, wrote myself five pages of two OCs having their first meeting, which was great.

Wrote 2800 words on a scene from an alternate universe plot of a really old story of mine. I have been slowly developing this alternate universe for a couple of years now, and this is the first time I made some real progress on the main character's background and how I want to implement into the piece this time.

Did more planning documents for Chaos Rising today. This time I did a list of spells that Celtic has and will acquire over the series. The first about 1/3rd is in the order he used them in-series, but the rest are sort of disorganized, as I was trying to decide when it would appear during the series. Due to Celtic becoming more of a Jack-of-all-Trades in-series, alongside the Shroud, I wanted to make his spell pool diverse while still focusing on Celtic's "strong points" (ie: buffing, support, healing, Dark and Light). The spells are listed in a table and written out like this: [Name: Antimatter Blast] [Effect: Deals moderate Dark damage to single target, has high critical hit ratio, Dark element spell], and so on. It's, again, just to grease my writing gears and get my thoughts organized for future chapters.

Continued going through and tweaking/editing when necessary Friday or Saturday and today. Wrote some notes for my pokéfic Thursday and today.

Wrote more notes for the pokéfic, and continued tweaking/editing while going through Electrowood.

Did a lot of Ash versus Otoshi work, and in recent days did other scene work like write a ending scene, do some pro-bono Pokewriting, and otherwise expanding some to be completed projects.

Posted the second chapter of my Digimon fanfic yesterday and wrote some more on a one-shot drabble I need to get out of my system. (Not sure if I ever get it out cause it's part of a scrapped project again, so a lot of context, built relationships and adventures they went through are kinda missing, causing it to lack impact and such). It's becoming a lot bigger than I imagined though.

Gwen and Wyane may or may not be in the first chapter, and just appear in the second chapter due to focusing on the foster home. It's not going to be easy writing about a foster home because I have no knowledge of it and I have to do as much as research as I can.

Rory has cerebal palsy at a very young age (that's the reason why he is in a wheelchair) and is able to talk since I met handicapped kids who can talk just fine and some of them don't when I was in school.

Some slight notes yesterday (pokéfic), some notes today (other stories), and some slight tweaks/edits in the small bit of Electrowood I went through today.

Thursday: some slight notes while binge-watching a series. Yesterday: some more slight notes. Today: more proofreading (now that I remembered the word for once >.>) in Electrowood, some slight proofreading in Aerosteel, and tweaking/editing in all three stories (though Uncoloured was mainly just mirroring tweaks of crossover dialogue between it and Electrowood).

The main antagonist is a fallen hero. At first, she turns out to be a decent girl until she finds out about her family's history and tries to avenge them by going on her journey even means necessary. As it progresses, she turns into a selfish, manipulative, ruthless and competitive jerk just like her mom (who is also an antagonist) and her mom's family. Only her father and his family are good natured people who decided to cut ties with them.
The only redeemable quality she has is that she cares for her pokemon (who is just as bad as she is), her mom and her mom's family (despite thier disputes) and the people she admires. She's only apathetic or acts mean towards everyone else. Her team is basically royal themed with a dark twist.

Got through a lot of Electrowood today and did a lot of fixing, editing, and inserting section breaks. Some section breaks I didn't feel 100% about, but I can always take them out next proofreading pass. Getting pretty close to where I stopped writing, so depending on how things go, I might be able to start having word counts again. With the musical play section, I felt like it's about as concise as I can get it, so it'll be staying as-is until I decide otherwise later. Kinda surprising how many missing words I had, but I think what surprised me a bit more was the typo of Momka instead of Momoka, which I somehow failed to notice when typing, since I added Momoka to the user dictionary. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the proofreading tomorrow and maybe start writing again.

Finished the proofreading, and fixed up the dialogue from whenever it was ago so that it sounds more like the characters. Realised the in-story date and wrote a bit to try to get going again, but ended up deleting and writing some in-story notes to help me get going again tomorrow or whenever.

Drafted a basic outline for rising star, falling star yesterday, which sorta helped me realize some of my own misconceptions as well as figure out how events in the comic happen so damn quickly. Now to just tinker a bit more with this, and then I’ll be good to start writing it. Hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom