• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

77 words continuing the dialogue, the first bit of it I thought about while heading to bed last night. Still kinda sluggish writing, but in fairness, the event was unplanned since I had forgotten about it completely whenever it was I was goign through the timeline to put some possible events in the notes. I also still have to decide on what to do for that scene that's been continually getting pushed down the notes.

Had some distractions and also stomach was upset, so only 28 words of dialogue. Considering heading back to narration, since I think it's pretty much at the end of the dialogue now, but I'll see tomorrow or whenever.

This story is more of a ensemble cast where the main characters each get the main focus in each chapter along with some mini story arcs. While the foster children is usually seen together in a pokemon journey, they can be apart for a while and hang out with other characters.

Electrowood: 4 words Friday before being unable to focus, 32 words today. Did some slight proofreading and edit/tweaks in Aerosteel because I was needing to see how I handled an event.

In typical me fashion, wrote two pages of rising star falling star...chapter 2. I wasn’t even supposed to even think about writing that in the first place, considering the several problems that I have to deal with (dialogue, character perspective, and could the main protagonist just stop yelling his head off and chill for a second my god-), but nope! It got barely written anyways.

I wrote the penultimate post in a forum RP set in Star Wars: the Old Republic called “Darkness Falls.” It’s been oodles of fun, and I wrote six whole paragraphs.

31 words in dialogue, which I felt was the way to go from what I had written. Hopefully I can figure out the direction to take the dialogue before I return to narration.

Still not sure if this counts as "writing" as it's just more planning documents but whatever. Started a list of all the monsters that I've come up with up to this point for Chaos Rising. It's not totally complete as I started it late in the day but I've managed to document several monsters within about 2 hours. They're broken down into "families" by species (ie: Ballooner, Rabbicorn, Rat Soldier, etc) and then broken down even further depending on what the monster's specific "type" (ie: Orange Ballooner, Red Ballooner, Blue Ballooner, etc). I also marked their "Type" (ie: Beast, Reptile, Lesser Demon, etc), what their "Levels" are (ie: Orange Ballooner: Level 1, Lizartaur: Level 20, etc), their "Element" (Neutral, Fire, Wind, Water, Lightning, Poison, etc), and what items they drop by rarity (ie: Orange Ballooner: Common: Balloon Core, Uncommon: Single Magic Vial, Rare: Bubble Shield). I also had to come of with several names for them, along with several items that would match their "owners", though I admit I had a bit of fun with the Rabbicorns and Rat Soldiers (ie: Rabbicorn, Jack Rabbicorn, Peter Rabbicorn, Ace Rabbicorn, all named after "famous" rabbits in RL media). As of me stopping for the night I've documented 14 different monster families with four types of monsters per family. Will probably continue tomorrow though I do have a dinner date with my folks later on. But, overall a good start.

259 words after figuring out the rest of the narration. Also added some bits of dialogue within the previously written dialogue, part of which I forgot about, the other part I didn't consider Momoka's reaction. Ended up with more dialogue than I was expecting, but it's not a bad thing.

Finally, after much frustration caused by the writer's block I managed to give myself a kick and forced myself to write the next chapter in Chaos Rising ("Dragons of the Black Fog"). I can't take credit for this idea as a user on another hangout of mine gave me the idea, or at least the basic blueprint, as I made my own modifications to better fit the context of the series, so shoutout to him.

Anyway, Celtic and his crew are tasked to deal with a new problem that has arisen upon both King Alvin and King O'Connell's request: a port village that is part of Gorgodos Kingdom's trade routes has been under attack from a mysterious force that's been killing livestock under the cover of a poisonous black fog. We also learn that Skye has taken advantage of her new demon heart and learned how to cast Illusion magic, as she attempted to sneak up on Celtic to "have some fun", though his Druid aura sensing ability detected her before she could try anything. At the village they meet a new and soon-to-be recurring character Kainu (again, credit goes to the original person who introduced me to this idea), who is a traveling scientist, doctor, and monster expert. When the party plus Kainu confront the black fog they discover it's being created by Frigid Flame Dragons who have been displaced from their normal habitat and have been attacking the livestock out of desperation. Tiamat, the Dragon Emperor of Darkness, assists from within the Shroud's core, as this is one of the species of dragons he would normal oversee, thus it's his responsibility to help. Also because the Dragon Emperors and humanity have sort of a treaty that neither side can attack each other, thus needs to iron out this issue before it causes tension between the two sides. We learn that, once again, the other Heroes are to blame for this incident, as they attack the Frigid Flame Dragons in their original home of Starbolt Falls, driving them out after killing their ill Queen and, most likely, wanting to steal the treasures from the dragons due to their glory hound and greedy nature. Tiamat and Celtic managed to negotiate with the Frigid Flame Dragons, with Celtic offering up his collection of Heat Gems to give the dragons the needed Fire energy to fly to a different home, as the cold area they've ended up in out of desperation is causing their Flame Sacs to burn out, which could potentially kill them and put even more strain on the relationship with the Dragon Emperors. After solving the issue Celtic and his crew are given their reward... of various local seafood and dried meats, much to Tyroe's joy. Kainu promises to meet up again, as he was quite impressed with the Shroud Hero and his party. The next chapter, "Duel of Revenge", will bring yet another duel between Celtic and Lucas over Wench's punishment, with Celtic eager to get revenge on him for the Fun Box incident.

Forgive the double post but I managed to squeeze out another chapter in Chaos Rising today ("Duel of Revenge"). Hopefully this means I'll get back to being productive with my writing and not get stonewalled by writer's block again.

Anyway, the chapter begins with King Alvin punishing the Sword, Spear, Axe, and Bow Heroes over the Frigid Flame Dragon incident, as, just as Celtic suspected, they were after the treasures and big EXP that the dragons could provide. Now they're under a curfew to keep them in Delgunner's capital until they learn to stop making such selfish and reckless actions. That certainly went over well with them, with the added bonus of them, once again, scapegoating Celtic for their punishment. In the process, Celtic learns that Lucas wants to duel him in order to reverse Wench's punishment. Seeing it as an opportunity to get revenge for the Fun Box incident, Celtic agrees but adds conditions to the rules so that the outcome will be permanent. Lucas thinks he's in for an easy fight, conveniently forgetting that Celtic has whupped him on two previous occasions. History repeats itself, as Celtic's defenses have gotten to the point where even Lucas' best attacks do zero damage to him. Celtic also takes this duel as a chance to use two particular Shroud forms as his main offense: the Harlikill Shroud and the Killjoy Shroud, the two very Shrouds that was born from the Fun Box incident, as a means of demonic revenge. The Harlikill Shroud's Elemental Balloon and the Killjoy Shroud's Flame Dagger Acrobatic Assault swiftly put an end to the duel, with Celtic utterly creaming Lucas and not even getting a single scratch, much to the other Heroes' shock, as they still believe Celtic is the weakest Hero because of the Shroud's more defensive nature, now seeing that it's more of a Jack-of-all-trades because of all the effort Celtic put into it. Though the Shroud Hero's party still doubts that the other Heroes will take it seriously and will most likely write it off as "cheating" again. But now Lucas is legally forbidden to challenge Celtic to any more fights and Wench's punishment is permanent and irreversible, just as Celtic had intended it to be. The next chapter, "A Star Pearl of Wisdom", will be yet another mission that the Shroud Hero and his party has to attend to, along with some extra development for Celtic when it comes to his biological uncle; King Duskbane.

Tuesday before bed, I realised I forgot a detail and took notes so that I'd have something to work off of to revise a bit of the dialogue. Wednesday, I was too exhausted to write, so I just transferred said notes into the story. Today, I did the necessary revision to the applicable part of the dialogue, inserted a bit of dialogue, and tweaked the last bit of dialogue.

Dusted off my old WIP Faraway Island and began to refine the ideas and concepts it uses. I don't think I've touched it since early 2020.

Wrote the next chapter in Chaos Rising ("A Star Pearl of Wisdom"), though technically I started it yesterday but I only got a bit done before my hands started to cramp, so I put the rest off until this morning. This chapter is mostly filler-ish, but it does contain some subtle foreshadowing, along with some of the events in it having an impact later on.

Anyway, Celtic is, once again, tasked by King O'Connell to complete a mission. He wants Celtic and his party to retrieve ten Star Pearls from a type of monster called a Clobbster, as the usually hard-to-find monster, or rather a whole colony of them, was recently discovered in Silver Moon Lake. Celtic also learns that some species of monster are edible, with Clobbster being considered a delicacy, thus he's also tasked to retrieve a set of claws and a tail. Celtic learns that the four types of Pearls: Pale, Pink, Black, and Star, are magical and contain a certain number of randomized spells that one can learn, depending on the pearl, essentially making them nature's crystal balls. Rupert comes into clutch today as he knows the two skills that would make collecting the rare item even easier: Charm and Snatch Steal. The team goes to work and easily meets their quota with plenty extra, including several Black Pearls and Sapphire Conches, which are the uncommon and common drops, respectively. While they gather up their bounty and harvest the claws and tails of the Clobbsters, as not only is Clobbster a rare delicacy, but it fetches a pretty profit on the market, they have a chance encounter with the Divine Beast-type monsters known as Holy Wolves, which are considered an omen of good fortune, as the Holy Wolves were interested in the Clobbster corpses for their lunch. After giving King O'Connell what he wanted he revealed the reason why; due to an accident he and King Duskbane discovered that Star Pearls, once all the magic in them has been acquired, can be turned into crafting materials for new and powerful anti-evil weapons. And since one Star Pearl has enough material to make four weapons they decided to acquire more Star Pearls so they can have an alternative solution to Infinator's forces, as the general public's opinion of the Heroes (sans Celtic) have dropped quite a bit. Celtic and his party get to keep the rest of the goodies, including the extra Star Pearls. Celtic also gives King Alvin some Clobbster, as it was his and Queen Amelia's 20th anniversary, and get invited to join them for a Clobbster feast, the other Heroes were not invited. The following day King Duskbane requests some Clobbster for, coincidentally, his and Queen Wuya's 20th anniversary is the next day, and is willing to pay but in a show of development, Celtic gives him the rare treat for free, calling him "family" for the first time, as Celtic has a rather warped view on family due to the abuse he's endured. To say King Duskbane was overwhelmed with emotion would be an understatement. While Celtic has yet to call Duskbane "uncle", he's making progress. The next chapter, "Celtic Dreams of Bunny Girl Skye" is, again, somewhat filler-ish, but it has some important events in it that serve as more foreshadowing, along with some development for certain characters. And, yes, the chapter's title is a play on the anime "Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Sempai", so expect a bit of fun stuff coming up.

Forgive the double post (again), but I managed to get the next chapter of Chaos Rising done ("Celtic Dreams of Bunny Girl Skye"). And, yes, like I said before, that title is a play on the "Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Sempai" anime. Also, once again, this chapter is somewhat filler-ish, but it has certain events that play a role later on.

Anyway, Celtic finished restoring a Crystal Lens that King Alvin had so he and his party can learn about the magical spells contained in the Magic Pearls they have from the previous chapter. After using the Crystal Lens and using a sticky notepad to label the Black Pearls so they know what Pearl contains what spells, Skye demonstrates how to learn magic from them by learning Hydro Tower from the first Black Pearl they scanned. Celtic follows suit and learns Wood Tower. However, they have to put learning more magic on the back burner as King Alvin reveals that a Chaos Candevil, which is a monster that managed to survive a previous wave and became an invasive species, is causing trouble for Flutte village, a village that Celtic and co have helped before. They go there and intercept the Chaos Candevil before it can get near the village again. Skye's "armor" is shattered in the process and in true Skye form she continues to fight even though she's topless. Viola also starts letting her feelings for Leon be more known, albeit unintentionally. Finally, the Chaos Candevil is beaten and Skye has to don one of her backup clothes, which, as it turns out, is the Bunny Girl suit she got from the Goddess' Tear mission. After absorbing the Chaos Candevil into his Shroud Celtic is fortunate enough to acquire its rare drop: a Recovery Candle, which has the power to slowly heal everyone within 50 feet of it when in use, being the Candevil family's exclusive rare item. After all is said and done Leon and Viola finally take the plunge, both deciding to give each other a chance and they start their new relationship. The next chapter, "Calamadon Calamity" features Sylph trying to find a way to help her Master, which means causing more trouble for everyone, and Celtic needing to step in... only for the other Heroes to get into the mix as well. This won't end well.

Wrote another chapter in Chaos Rising today ("Calamadon Calamity"), though, as usual, I technically started it yesterday but only got a few pages done, so I finished it today. It's also one of my longer ones, about 31 pages long, so that took a lot of energy.

Anyway, Sylph is trying to help her Master Infinator by finding alternative ways to either end the Heroes (or at least Celtic) or gather up more resources like souls to speed up his revival. She then decides to awaken a Calamadon Demon that the previous generation of Legendary Heroes couldn't defeat, forcing them to seal it away. While she succeeds in freeing it, it turns on her immediately, forcing her to flee. Celtic and his party are tasked to kill it by using a strategy that King Alvin and King Duskbane created, as trying to defeat it outright is suicide. However, Wench overhears the plan and decides to get the other Heroes to sabotage the plan so they can steal the glory and one-up Celtic. Needless to say things don't go well. Celtic and his party are forced to team up with the other Heroes and their parties to stop the now enraged demon after the latter sabotaged the original plan and caused the problem to become even worse. Problem is... none of their attacks are remotely hurting it. Zuzu managed to weaken it by breaking its chest crystal but even that's not enough to even slow it down. Celtic is forced to protect the other Heroes and their parties with a combination of Shield Wall, Elemental Balloon, and Scrap Iron Fortress Defense when the Calamadon Demon launches its most powerful attack at them. Fortunately, King Duskbane enters the battle and manages to force the Calamadon Demon into an acidic bottomless swamp that was nearby, thereby killing it. However, he is far from happy about the other Heroes' going this far to one-up Celtic out of jealousy and glory and pretty much threatens their lives, which results in Wench pathetically begging to Celtic to save her, even using his royal title, but also not apologizing for her role in the ordeal, much to Celtic's and King Duskbane's disgust. Fortunately for them, King Alvin ordered King Duskbane to bring them in alive, especially since the Heroes are too important to kill, thus King Duskbane has his Shadow Sentinels take the other four Heroes and their parties back to Delgunner. As a result of Duskbane coming to Celtic's rescue the latter finally overcame a big hurdle and finally called him "Uncle Duskbane", much to the demon king's joy, as it means Celtic has fully accepted him as family. King Duskbane also drops quite the bombshell on the Shroud Hero party: the Calamadon Demon is the primordial version of Infinator's species of demon, the Galvaton Demon. In other words, they just fought a demi, unevolved version of Infinator himself, and effectively lost, meaning that they are still not ready to face Infinator himself, as Calamadon Demons have only a fraction of the power that a Galvaton Demon has. The realize they still have a long way to go before they stand a remote chance against Infinator himself. After cleaning up the mess the Calamadon Demon (and by extension the other Heroes) left, the party returns to Delgunner and finds out King Alvin imprisoned the Heroes and their parties for their actions in special cells made by the Druids until further notice. The Shroud Hero party will be rewarded with a big dinner for their efforts. The next chapter, "The Will of the Spiria", will reveal some information about the Spiria, which will further tip the scale into one side's favor.

Back
Top Bottom