• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

After an unintentional hiatus (the weather got to me again), I managed to do the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("The Gift of Chaos").

It starts off where the last chapter left off, with the Hero faction and Gram decoding the documents and books that they obtained from the ruins of the original Seraph Abbey. They learn that the Four Stars Church was actually aware that all five Legendary Gear originated from the Demon Realm but pegged the Shroud as the "demon weapon" out of hypocritical spite for it winning the war. Celtic also manages to unlock the box that they obtained, revealing the mysterious gemstone to be the Master Karma Diamond. Turns out that the ancient people knew about the Karma Diamonds and Karma Beasts, as both played a part in the war, but it was possibly erased by the Four Stars Church in an attempt to hide the information so they could take advantage of it later. They rely their findings to King Alvin, King Duskbane, and Queen Rease. King Duskbane determines that the Sword, Spear, Axe, and Bow need to be upgraded with Chaos energy in order to not only make them more powerful, but give them an advantage over their enemies, as Chaos energy is considered a near perfect counter to anything. However... in order to make the potion needed to upgrade the Legendary Gear, they need an item from a Chaos breed. Originally he planned to send his men into the Demon Realm to find a Chaos breed, as they're somewhat more common in there, but Celtic, again, cuts the Gordian Knot by providing them with the needed item much quicker... by ripping out one of his own fangs, to his immense, yet restrained pain. Queen Rease reveals that the Master Karma Diamond not only has the power to control, manipulate, and even nullify the power of the Karma Diamonds, but also track them. Thus she requests Celtic to give her the Master Karma Diamond in hopes of locating where Robert's faction as set up their home base, as he possesses one of the Karma Diamonds, to which he does. The following day the Chaos energy potion is ready, thereby allowing the Sword, Spear, Axe, and Bow to be upgraded into Chaos variants. Because of Celtic's unique heritage, his fang provided a huge amount of Chaos energy, enhancing the other Legendary Gear to almost the same level as the original Chaos Magnite builds. Celtic also requests that King Duskbane provide Soulavore fangs for the other Heroes, as Soulavore-based powers provide a massive advantage over Infinator's faction, especially Sylph and Akuji, to which he agrees. The next chapter, "The Gateway to the Demon Realm", will be the fruits of Infinator's plan to access the Demon Realm.

573 words today and an unintended research tangent while confirming something. Probably as expected, nothing Friday, Saturday, or yesterday. Mainly glad I was able to write today since the second vaccination shot symptoms made yesterday annoying to deal with.

Finished up the plot point I was working on with a final chapter for it. Writing was a bit slow today, as I got my nails done for my brother's wedding and I don't want to chip them on my keys, and I was diving deep into the MC's head to finish this plot point. e this is not the intending ending for the story, I do like it as an ending, just in case I get inspired to write something different while in Yellowstone and I never go back to this. Wrote 3667 words today, so I hope that's enough to scratch the writing itch for the rest of the week.

Finished up the first draft of the oneshot, leaving me at eight pages for the first draft. Dear lord, the heartache is intense.

Update: Speedran the second-drafting and the editing process, and now I have a 1.3k word oneshot and emotional pain. Worth it.

Last edited:
Finished the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("The Gateway to the Demon Realm"). This one took a few attempts to get right, as even though the concept was simple, it felt a bit too simple at first, so it took a bit to flesh it out more.

Anyway, Infinator's faction now knows where they need to strike in order to open up a gateway to the Demon Realm. However, Bronwen knows that the Shadokor could just easily close it back up, so she modified the dimensional claw with the Karma Diamond's energy so it'll create a protective energy that'll keep the Shadokor from sealing the gateway back up. She also cloaked it so it can't be identified easily, thereby giving Infinator's faction enough time to gather anything they need, be it materials or new allies. On top of that, the Hero faction would need all five Karma Diamonds to remove the energy anyway, so that almost assures the plan can go off with out a hitch. As one final insult to the Shadokor, she programmed the dimensional claw to tear open a gateway in Purgatory, the very heart of the Shadokor's territory in the Demon Realm. At the time the Hero faction also figured out where Infinator will strike next, having identified the same location that Bronwen did as the most ideal spot to open up a gateway. However, until Infinator makes his move, they cannot do much, so they just have to wait. That night Sylph heads for Tanitar Valley and tears open a dimensional gateway to the Demon Realm before retreating. The Shadokor go on ahead to see if they can seal it up but they find out they cannot, so it's time for the Hero faction to be ready to fight for Zakota's future. The next chapter, "Into the Depths of Chaos", will feature the Heroes attempting to stop the Demon Realm denizens from crossing the boarder into Zakota.

Replaced the dialogue I left off on with something that should work a little better and doesn't leave me stuck. Some other projects ended up distracting me enough to lose my main portion of writing time, but now that I have some time, it's a bit hard to write with a dull headache, even though I kinda know where to take it. Better luck tomorrow, I guess.

Wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("Into the Depths of Chaos"). I actually did most of it yesterday before going to bed, as I'll be busy today, so I wanted to get it done quickly.

Anyway, we pick up where we left off last time, with the Hero faction preparing to try to stem the flow of invasive monsters from the Demon Realm. A Shadow Sentinel takes them to Tanitar Valley, where King Duskbane is leading his ShadoKnights in picking off any monsters that emerge from the gateway. They are soon attacked by a Red Demon that emerged from the portal. Celtic masterfully instructs the Hero faction in defeating the Red Demon, as he's beaten them before, showing that when the Heroes put aside their differences they are actually pretty efficient in battle. He even praises them for working together as well as they did, much to the other Heroes' surprise and gratitude. The other Heroes and Gram's group then learn the... less savory details about demon eating habits before absorbing the Red Demon corpse for new Legendary Gear powers. They are then attacked by Hornet Bombers, another breed of monster from the Demon Realm, though they are dispatched rather quickly. Celtic then gets an idea to ask the Guardian Spirits in Purgatory if they have any insight on how to close up the gateway. Zuzu volunteers to go with him as backup, to which King Duskbane agrees. Celtic summons a new Shroud, the Aqua Hammerhead Shroud, to protect his equipment with its ability: Bubble Aura, as the last time he entered the Demon Realm he needed special armor and clothes. He and Zuzu then take the plunge into the Demon Realm. The next chapter, "On the Right Track", will feature Celtic's and Zuzu's mission in the Demon Realm.

Forgive the double post but because I got home earlier than expected I managed to write the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("On the Right Track").

Anyway, Celtic and Zuzu have entered the Demon Realm. After getting their bearings they head for the Shadow Shrine, where the Guardian Spirits reside. While the Guardian Spirits aren't too happy to have Zuzu, who is an "outsider" in their sacred shrine, they are willing to part with what ideas they have with the duo in order to solve the problems. They are presented with four options: get all five Karma Diamonds and use their power to seal the gateway, use Chaos Magnite ore to override the energies, find Shadogon crystals and refine them into stable cubes to nullify the energy, or steal the dimensional claw used to open the gateway from Infinator's faction, reverse its energy, and use it to close the gateway. Unfortunately, most of those ideas aren't feasible. The Karma Diamonds are scattered about the three factions, the next batch of available Chaos Magnite ore is premature thus can't be used yet, and the Hero faction has no way to infiltrate Infinator's home base and steal the dimensional claw. The Shadogon option, however, is doable, as Shadogon forms in underground veins all over the Demon Realm, thus it's fairly easy to get, and the Shadokor would know how to properly mine, harvest, and refine it. However, as the duo attempts to return to Zakota to report their findings they are attacked by a Charge Engine Demon, a Machine-type Mid-Tier demon, who wants to cross over to the other side to wreak havoc for kicks and won't let them close the gateway back up. Thus the battle begins. Unfortunately, Celtic's defenses aren't super useful here, as the Charge Engine Demon can shatter them with ease, so he and Zuzu have to go on the offense. With some teamwork and giving a display of how much they've mastered the Kaguro Iszu style, they overpower the locomotive demon and kill him, with Celtic absorbing his corpse for a new power. They then return to Zakota to report back to King Duskbane about what they learned, along with bringing back a Scorchapide "souvenir" that foolishly tried to attack the duo immediately after the battle with the Charge Engine Demon for the other Heroes to use. The next chapter, "Akuji's Assault", will feature the titular Demon General's next attempt to defeat the Hero faction.

Chapter 8 is currently running a little over 600 words. While introducing a major antagonist, I have ambitious plans for world-building in regards to the Shadow Pokémon. Exceptionally powerful Shadows can warp time and space, creating realms modeled after their thoughts and emotions. This opens up plenty of opportunities for me, experimenting with creative fight scenes and sneaky ways to add backstories and lore.

Wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("Akuji's Assault").

The Hero faction is still at the gateway to the Demon Realm, doing everything they can to keep the monsters and demons from crossing into Zakota. They are eventually sent back to Delgunner to rest. A while later Infinator sends Akuji and an Undead army to attack the Heroes at Delgunner. The Heroes show how far they've come and manage to defeat the Undead army, even using their new Soulavore-based abilities to quickly cut down the enemy army. Akuji is unable to flee due to Zuzu knocking him off his skeleton horse and Leon destroying it, leaving him at the mercy of the Hero faction. The Heroes take Akuji down with their Soulavore abilities, putting an end to the Demon General, at least for now. With the promise of a reward the Hero faction returns to bed to rest, as they know the job has only just begun. The next chapter, "The Unholy Knight's Wrath", features Robert's latest attempt to take down the Hero faction.

Forgive the double post but because was a rainy day I decided to write the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("The Unholy Knight's Wrath").

Anyway, the chapter begins with Robert fuming over the fact that not only did the Hero faction destroy Akuji, but Infinator's faction succeeded in opening a gateway to the Demon Realm. Wench enters and gives Robert an idea on how to deal with Celtic by, once again, preying upon his fear of clowns with a whole bunch of Fun Boxes, much to Robert's delight. Meanwhile, the Hero faction is enjoying a meal with the Delgunner royal family when a knight brings the "formal" message from Robert challenging Celtic to duel to the death at sunset at Seraph Abbey. Knowing it's a trap, the Hero faction prepares for the "duel" with some Shadow Sentinels acting as backup. Robert has his Templar Knights distract Celtic's allies by trapping them in a Lightning Cage and having the Templars summon monsters with Skull Bells to keep them busy while he and Wench trap Celtic in another Lightning Cage and sic a whole circus of Harlikills, Killjoys, Acrosadists, and Ringmonsters on him, expecting him to crumble to his fear. However, Celtic decides to pull out a new weapon against them: the Charge Engine Demon Shroud, which summoned an actual Charge Engine Demon as its combat function. The Charge Engine Demon kills all the clown monsters, plows through the Lightning Cage, destroying it, before detonating, destroying most of Seraph Abbey in the process. This was Celtic's way of sending a message to the Four Stars Church faction: violate him and he'll return the favor with interest, as well as showing them that he will destroy their faction. Robert and Wench manage to flee but some of the Templar Knights were captured by the hiding Shadow Sentinels and brought back to Delgunner to await trial. Back at his home base, Robert swears revenge for Celtic's actions, promising to end the Shroud Hero. The next chapter, "Demon Reaper", will feature the Heroes dealing with another renegade demon like the Charge Engine Demon.

Continued a little bit on aigad chapter 4 a few days ago, and rewrote a (very far into the future) scene I already had written months ago after having a mini epiphany over how the writing should go.

Update: Wrote three and a half pages of a completely silly oneshot, because I can’t keep writing pure angst now can I.

Last edited:
Got some more Hoenn ideas.

The boutique will have specific clothes. Nautical themed outfits such as salior outfits which its only in Dewford, Slateport and Lilycove.

Kimonos, yuktuas, and some other Japanese outfits will be available in Lavaridge and possibly some other places. Farm clothes could be selling there in Fallarbor.

Some cities and towns have a variety of all of them.

Pokemon associated with post Dexnav will appears in this story since it takes place after ORAS. There are rarely winter clothes in Hoenn, since it rarely snows just like Alola.

One of my OC's will still get a starter in this story, but it's not the first pokemon she/he recieve and will get it much later in the middle of the story. They still don't get it from a professor either.

Managed to write the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("Demon Reaper").

The chapter begins with the ShadoKnights still trying to keep invading monsters and demons from crossing into Zakota during the night. However, an Eraser Reaper Demon, a Mid-Tier demon, succeeds by using his ability to become temporarily invisible to evade capture, though a Shadow Sentinel does managed to plant a self-cloaking tracking device on him. Thus the Heroes and their allies have to track him down and kill him. They manage to locate him near Shaori, where Celtic and Ryan defeated Akuji once before and recovered a Karma Diamond. The group learns that Eraser Reaper Demons reap the souls of any creature they encounter and turn them into zombified minions. Destroying them doesn't yield any EXP or item drops, but it does prevent the zombified creatures from spreading their "curse" onto others like a plague. They eventually corner the demon and the battle begins. After a hard fight the Hero faction succeeds in killing the Eraser Reaper Demon, with the Heroes each dividing up his remaining armor for new powers (and learn that Celtic is similar to Kazuma from Konosuba when it comes to Rock-Paper-Scissors). Viola also takes the Eraser Reaper Demon's scythe for herself, as hers is getting worn, but she wants to take it to Danial first to have him remove any negative effects it might have. They return to Delgunner so they can sleep the rest of the night. The next chapter, "Brewing Up Trouble", will feature the Heroes stopping another attack from Robert.

Back
Top Bottom