• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Reviewed the battle planning for The Long Walk Chapter Twenty Nine - I had intended to continue the plan but I'm just too tired to do more than sketch out the obvious. Otherwise mostly noodled around with another project based on notes written during my break

I'm working on chapter 10 of Unequivocant, and I got my 1000 word quota for the day done. I always try to hit that mark so I can keep on schedule, and it has so far served me well. 1000 words a day keeps the writer's block away after all!

Uhm, I punched in some keys then text came out of it. This is a fragment of my Two Perfect Cowards fan-fic;

Rufel did not understand why he was brought here. All he knew he was inside a strange room with white walls, a white floor, and a white ceiling. Even the humans that brought him in here were dressed in white. They took his clothing before leaving, his precious acrobat costume that was shot with yellow and red with matching mask. They must have disliked the colours, Rufel thought. But the table beneath Rufel was not white, it was grey like the sky sometimes is when it is about to rain. Whenever Rufel looked down at it he saw a frightened Pikachu staring back at him, his tears softly patting down onto the ice cold sheet of steel, held in mid-air by queer white arms coming from the ceiling; a cold iron ring around the base of his flat zig-zag shaped tail, another one around each of his small legs to keep them spread and two more to restrict movement of his arms.

It seemed as if Rufel was flying and flying Rufel did at the travelling circus he was born and raised in. His was a careless life that took him from town to town to perform his stellar acrobatic acts inside the ring set alive by dozens of bright lights and the sweet cheers of the audience. How he pined to be back at the circus he left so suddenly, to stand besides his trainer and bow as the crowd covered them with flowers, to feel their laughter and shouts ringing in his long black-tipped ears after they saw his best trick; Rufel would swing from a horizontal bar to another before filling the upper part of the circus tent with dark clouds from where Rufel could create the most spectacular lighting with the use of the curious yellow crystal he always wore on his belly. But most of all, he desired that beautiful Pikachu he saw amongst the spectators that night, a young female with staggering pink eyes that shone with excitement and her fur a deep golden hue that twinkled and sparkled like countless little stars whenever light struck it. That same evening did Rufel left the warm and safe cradle that was the circus to be at her side, his little heart pounding a faster and heavier staccato rhythm whenever she was close by or their eyes met. And together they were, that is, until her pesky trainer started to shout at him, even hurting his person for being together with his love.

Sweet songs do not last long, Rufel now knows, and thus he was unceremoniously dismissed from her side and another strange human collected him when she found Rufel crying at the edge of a lake dappled in sheer moonlight, luring him to her side with sweet whispers of revenge that filled Rufel’s mind. All he wanted was a partner, was he being punished for that? Rufel lived his whole life with humans but hardly ever understood them. Why did they have to make everything so complicated? And strange, too, for why did they stick this long and very thin pin inside of him? Rufel could no longer feel his lower body after that, even when he wanted to quiver of fear.

The sudden sounds of muffled footsteps brought Rufel out of the circus and back into the queer white room. Then the doctor came in, smiling, knife in hand.

A rough first draft and a bit too "mushy" for my taste, though.

Last edited:
Made a decision regarding the battle pacing for The Long Walk Chapter Twenty Nine. Re-read the start of the opening for Chapter Thirty, which unusually for me, was written ahead of Twenty Nine. Toyed with a few descriptive sentences for a unrelated project, almost none of which will make it into the final draft

Man, this thread really puts a fire up under me, I need to get my butt jn gear and get to work on finishing my unscalably large fic from back in the day.

Man, this thread really puts a fire up under me, I need to get my butt jn gear and get to work on finishing my unscalably large fic from back in the day.

Woo! Join us on the dark side!

Just woke up so haven't written. My goal is just 200 words for today. Have a bit too much work/school stuff to do to really make writing a priority.

haven't written anything yet, but i did randomly read through chapters 5-10 of h,h for no real reason. actually felt pride at some parts, which was neat.

Uhm, I punched in some keys then text came out of it. This is a fragment of my Two Perfect Cowards fan-fic;

Rufel did not understand why he was brought here. All he knew he was inside a strange room with white walls, a white floor, and a white ceiling. Even the humans that brought him in here were dressed in white. They took his clothing before leaving, his precious acrobat costume that was shot with yellow and red with matching mask. They must have disliked the colours, Rufel thought. But the table beneath Rufel was not white, it was grey like the sky sometimes is when it is about to rain. Whenever Rufel looked down at it he saw a frightened Pikachu staring back at him, his tears softly patting down onto the ice cold sheet of steel, held in mid-air by queer white arms coming from the ceiling; a cold iron ring around the base of his flat zig-zag shaped tail, another one around each of his small legs to keep them spread and two more to restrict movement of his arms.

It seemed as if Rufel was flying and flying Rufel did at the travelling circus he was born and raised in. His was a careless life that took him from town to town to perform his stellar acrobatic acts inside the ring set alive by dozens of bright lights and the sweet cheers of the audience. How he pined to be back at the circus he left so suddenly, to stand besides his trainer and bow as the crowd covered them with flowers, to feel their laughter and shouts ringing in his long black-tipped ears after they saw his best trick; Rufel would swing from a horizontal bar to another before filling the upper part of the circus tent with dark clouds from where Rufel could create the most spectacular lighting with the use of the curious yellow crystal he always wore on his belly. But most of all, he desired that beautiful Pikachu he saw amongst the spectators that night, a young female with staggering pink eyes that shone with excitement and her fur a deep golden hue that twinkled and sparkled like countless little stars whenever light struck it. That same evening did Rufel left the warm and safe cradle that was the circus to be at her side, his little heart pounding a faster and heavier staccato rhythm whenever she was close by or their eyes met. And together they were, that is, until her pesky trainer started to shout at him, even hurting his person for being together with his love.

Sweet songs do not last long, Rufel now knows, and thus he was unceremoniously dismissed from her side and another strange human collected him when she found Rufel crying at the edge of a lake dappled in sheer moonlight, luring him to her side with sweet whispers of revenge that filled Rufel’s mind. All he wanted was a partner, was he being punished for that? Rufel lived his whole life with humans but hardly ever understood them. Why did they have to make everything so complicated? And strange, too, for why did they stick this long and very thin pin inside of him? Rufel could no longer feel his lower body after that, even when he wanted to quiver of fear.

The sudden sounds of muffled footsteps brought Rufel out of the circus and back into the queer white room. Then the doctor came in, smiling, knife in hand.

A rough first draft and a bit too "mushy" for my taste, though.
I got a second scene written out, one that is over twice as long as this one (1307 words instead of 566). Once I polished it a bit I'll dump it here.

I got a second scene written out, one that is over twice as long as this one (1307 words instead of 566). Once I polished it a bit I'll dump it here.

if you want critique for it, you could use the samples thread instead

Okay, here's some of what I forced out today.

My over-large fic that I'm still trying to finish is in screenplay format but they're some prose sections so here's a bit I finally typed down today.

...Though conceived by its commissioner as a flying yacht, a pleasure aircraft for the owner and his pampered guests to cruise the world's skies in comfort, its architect, Lawrence the Third, couldn't bring himself to rush out a dainty little airship and put his family's esteemed name to it.

And along these lines, the new airship was built by Lawrence in his private shipbuilding plant to unmatched standards of performance in every category, speed, durability, range, carrying capacity, to be capable of flight in any weather, to withstand any challenge, to rule the skies like no other ship before.

So, when it came to be that ownership of the in-construction vessel fell into the hands to Cruise Elroy, who wanted a nimble, versatile, airborne base of operations for combat missions using flying Pokémon, very little had to be altered, but for the on-board equipment provided...

I probably wouldn't have written at all today if not for this thread, so, good idea OP.

I've been working on 2 stories recently: One about a girl who's trying to exocize a demon who's putting her friend in perilous situations for laughs, and another about a steven universe oc who I haven't thought about in ages.

Got the first two pages of Episode 78 done on my fic. I guess I'm officially "on track" again.

Gotta keep writing though.

Doing the 5th rewrite of chapter 7 this time with more stuff that is likely to be highly polarizing. This chapter is going to kill me.

Back
Top Bottom